NPC quests

I have played through the game 3 times now and I thought I had seen most of what there is to see. However since reading this forum and some of the kotor fan fic I have realised that I have missed some rather big bits.

I was wondering how you get yuthura to turn to the light side. I have tried asking her about her past but she doesnt budge. Do you need to have a high persaude?

Also what do you need to do to get carth to meet his son, do you just need to take him with you on Korriban?

Also with mission do you actually get to meet her brother? How do you activate it, is it just taking her out more.

I think the prob is that when I get some jedi together I always take them out and therefore miss out on most of the other npc quests.

cheers in advance

btw first post :)

I can answer for Mission.....just use here a bit more (or talk to her more on the Ebon Hawk...that can help too). Eventually you'll need to land on Tatooine with her in order to continue the quest...and yes you do meet her brother.

I assume we are on about the side quest where she meets the guy that killed her father and tried to buy her?

I think I just talked to her loads, but I think it came to a head on manan. I think you have to take her out there. However when I the guy arrived she wanted to kill him but I stopped her and he ran off vowing to return.Unfortunately I was off to the unknown island then and then the star forge and didnt meet him again. She was walking around the star forge still moaning about him. If you go to Manan earlier, do you see him again?

You need to talk to her (nicely preferably) enough to trigger an event. I actually had the event happen on Korriban though. I'm not sure exactly what I had to do before or what happens after though....although I am playing the game again so maybe I'll find out :)

Mission: Out of all the characters she can is the one that requires the smallest amount of usage. You pretty much have to use her when you're in the sewers during the beginning anyway. Talk to her until she says talking about her brother would be a distraction. Right after you finish in the ruins and settling the family feud bring her out and talk to her. She'll tell you more about her brother. Then just walk around in front of the ship a little bit. I know it sounds weird but it works. Lena(Griff's former girlfriend) will come out and inform you he's on the planet with the sand people. From there when you enter the sand people's enclave(doesn't matter whether you do it a dark side or light side way) Griff will be in the cage directly opposite of the Jawa's.

Juhani: By farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the hardest side mission to finish. No matter how much you try you will never be able to get it except at the very end of the game. To get her quest you truly have to work for it. First you must talk to her constantly always checking to see whether or not she has something new to say. You probably want to stick with saying good things towards her. You need to have her in your group nearly at all times which because of her good fighting skills isn't hard at all. Regardless the quest is triggered when you've finally gotten enough about her past for the quest to make sense. You know you're close when she begins to talk about her parents and the murder of her father. Most of the time I faced the guy he was on Korriban. You probably want to make that the last planet you go to. Also doing the Geoharradan quests helps ALOT because it stretches the amount of time you have to talk to her. A couple of times I didn't get her quest not because I didn't try but because I simply ran out of available things to do and ways to talk to her. It truly is that difficult.

Carth: Carth isn't too tough. Once again make sure you check with him. Whatever is the first planet you travel to use him in the quest. Usually when i have him he's talked to on Mannan. I always do the planets in the order of Tattoine, Mannan and Korriban for strategic reasons. Like I said usually at Manann Carth is talked to by a guy and finds out his son has joined the Sith. How to complete the quests is pretty straightfoward from there.

If you have any other questions or need me to be a bit clearer about some of this then please feel free to ask.

I have got juhanni talking to the point where the guy comes and she wants to kill him, as I explained earlier I, being a good boy, tell her not to. He runs off vowing to return. I then went on to the unknown world after that. If you go to another world first, does he come back?

What about yuthura, can she be turned back to the light side. I have tried to get her to talk about her past and she doesnt seem to respond. Do I need to kill the master at the end and then let her live. I usually kill both of them :lol:

cheers anyway I will be giving them a try later.

Cant wait for kotor 2, just hope they bring it out in europe at the same time as in the US.

I have got juhanni talking to the point where the guy comes and she wants to kill him, as I explained earlier I, being a good boy, tell her not to. He runs off vowing to return. I then went on to the unknown world after that. If you go to another world first, does he come back?

What about yuthura, can she be turned back to the light side. I have tried to get her to talk about her past and she doesnt seem to respond. Do I need to kill the master at the end and then let her live. I usually kill both of them  :lol:

As for juhani, I've always gotten the bad guy battle encounter on Manaan. Dunno why.

And... Yuth. She does turn to the light side if you like, care enough not to kill her instantly. Side with her against Uthar, and she will turn on you when Uthar is vanquished. Ask "Is there truly no other way?" and she expresses some doubt, but still attacks you. Open up a hockey bag of spank-arse on her and she will yield when she hits low HP. "A Sith, yield?"

Of course, this only goes if you've befriended her before going to the tomb of Naga Sadow. Which means you have to have some points in Persuade (which is the only useful skill anyway along with Treat Injury). I think there are three friend chats you can have with her.

Edit: Oh, and if Dantooine isn't whacked by the time you leave korriban, you can find Yuth outside the Jedi Enclave. She says some moving things there. *sniff*

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

What about yuthura, can she be turned back to the light side. I have tried to get her to talk about her past and she doesnt seem to respond. Do I need to kill the master at the end and then let her live. I usually kill both of them  :o

That's exactly what you need to do. Basically, you find out about her past, and befriend her in the academy where she's in the role of your instructor. (If you get the dialogue where say [i'm paraphrasing] "See you later friend" and she says "I like the sound of that, I haven't called anyone that in awhile") then you have successfully set it up to where if you don't kill here, and you don't simply release her, but instead question her motives after she stops attacking you, then you should be able to redeem her.

Also, for any of the party member quests, I haven't read the entire thread due to lazy syndrome, but it doesn't matter what planet you're on in order to trigger the quests. So long as you've talked to them enough, all you need do is take them off the ship and walk around a bit in the trigger area for the party member quests on whatever planet you're on at the time (the immediate area of the docking bay).

Good luck Snowman, stay frosty. :lol:

P.S. If you do manage to redeem Yuthura, and Dantooine hasn't been blasted yet, than if you go back to Dantooine after finishing up on Korriban, you can see not only her but Kel Algwin (sp?) the other Sith in doubt at the Academy that you have an opportunity to redeem.

Also of note, even if you are playing an uber LS character, it is of my opinion that the Genohardan assassination missions are still worth completing, as there should be plenty more opportunities to get your pure Light rating. One more thing worth mentioning is that if you kill off BOTH of the initiation contracts (the ones located on Manaan and Dantooine (?) then you will get an additional piece of Genohardan gear, an extra Vibrosword I believe, which is well worth it as it's damned near as powerful as a maxxed out Saber, and looks cooler for a DS character to boot depending on if you want the completely black look. ;) The poison attribute of it is handy as well when facing off against particularly difficult opponents, as it weakens them at the beginning of the battle. :)

JT

Mission: Out of all the characters she can is the one that requires the smallest amount of usage. You pretty much have to use her when you're in the sewers during the beginning anyway. Talk to her until she says talking about her brother would be a distraction. Right after you finish in the ruins and settling the family feud bring her out and talk to her. She'll tell you more about her brother. Then just walk around in front of the ship a little bit. I know it sounds weird but it works. Lena(Griff's former girlfriend) will come out and inform you he's on the planet with the sand people. From there when you enter the sand people's enclave(doesn't matter whether you do it a dark side or light side way) Griff will be in the cage directly opposite of the Jawa's.

Juhani: By farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the hardest side mission to finish. No matter how much you try you will never be able to get it except at the very end of the game. To get her quest you truly have to work for it. First you must talk to her constantly always checking to see whether or not she has something new to say. You probably want to stick with saying good things towards her. You need to have her in your group nearly at all times which because of her good fighting skills isn't hard at all. Regardless the quest is triggered when you've finally gotten enough about her past for the quest to make sense. You know you're close when she begins to talk about her parents and the murder of her father. Most of the time I faced the guy he was on Korriban. You probably want to make that the last planet you go to. Also doing the Geoharradan quests helps ALOT because it stretches the amount of time you have to talk to her. A couple of times I didn't get her quest not because I didn't try but because I simply ran out of available things to do and ways to talk to her. It truly is that difficult.

Carth: Carth isn't too tough. Once again make sure you check with him. Whatever is the first planet you travel to use him in the quest. Usually when i have him he's talked to on Mannan. I always do the planets in the order of Tattoine, Mannan and Korriban for strategic reasons. Like I said usually at Manann Carth is talked to by a guy and finds out his son has joined the Sith. How to complete the quests is pretty straightfoward from there.

If you have any other questions or need me to be a bit clearer about some of this then please feel free to ask.

I dont know about PC but on the X-box this stuff is just level based. I did every NPC sidequest including Juhani and not once did I use her. The best example of this is Canderous. Because I waited till dantooine to level up I couldn't talk to him at all but each time I leveled I talked to him and got something new to say and pretty much get Jagi on whatever world I go to next. So it isn't tricky at all to get these sidequests. Someone said treat injury (which is a useless skill) and persuade were the only useful skills but you want a high repair at least one playthrough to upgrade HK-47 and get his backstory.

The hardest ones to trigger seem to be Juhani and Canderous. But as most people have stated, just talk to them as much as possible and eventually they'll be triggered.

What I do is once I'm far enough along in each conversations, I take a minute or two to try and trigger their quests by entering and exiting the Ebon Hawk with different party members. During my current play through, I've only got one Star Map, but I've already triggered Carth, Mission, Zaalbar (his is automatic), Jolee, and Bastila's sidequests. I'm close to triggering Canderous and Juhani's also, because both have oppened up quite a bit.

One small note: Someone mentioned they are on the Unknown World and haven't completed Juhani's quest. You won't be able to. Once you land on the Unknown World, I believe the game becomes completely linear and you can't go anywhere except (sorry for the spoiler) the Star Forge. All quests must be completed before traveling to the Unknown System.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've only got the initial Star Map on Dantooine, and I've already got everyone's sidequest except for Carth and Juhani initiated. I really do need to take Carth out and level him up sometime. ;) I put him in the Sith Armor so I don't have to see his pretty boy face and he looks sorta cool, but UGH! that voice! :angry:

I have to agree that redeeming Yuthura was one of the 'peaks' in KotOR, especially if you talk to her outside the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine after redeeming her.

The voice-acting for her character was simply amazing.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I've only got the initial Star Map on Dantooine, and I've already got everyone's sidequest except for Carth and Juhani initiated. I really do need to take Carth out and level him up sometime. :lol: I put him in the Sith Armor so I don't have to see his pretty boy face and he looks sorta cool, but UGH! that voice! :angry:

Exactly! Its all level based! I dont know what all this BS is about it being hard to trigger this stuff.

I love the turning Yuthura back and seeing her on Dantooine thing. It would be cool if she shows up in the sequel, if she survived Dantooine.

This leads me to another question, will we be able to tell KotOR II every single thing we did in KotOR 1? for example, siding with yuthura, getting rid of the czerka on kashyyk, finding sunry innocent, destroying the kolto facility on manaan, etc, etc, etc

I love the turning Yuthura back and seeing her on Dantooine thing. It would be cool if she shows up in the sequel, if she survived Dantooine.

This leads me to another question, will we be able to tell KotOR II every single thing we did in KotOR 1? for example, siding with yuthura, getting rid of the czerka on kashyyk, finding sunry innocent, destroying the kolto facility on manaan, etc, etc, etc

Id imagine we only tell it stuff that will affect the game somehow. Otherwise it'd just be superflous. So if the devs have plans to put Yuthura in somewhere(which I doubt) then wed be asked about it. If they didnt then we wouldn't. So to answer your question no we can't tell it everything.

I wonder how in-depth the questions actually get, though.

Will the questions just ask the big stuff, like a)Was Revan DS or LS b)Was Bastila killed or redeemed

Or will it get a bit more in depth, asking about each former party member, and various NPC's?

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I wonder how in-depth the questions actually get, though.

Will the questions just ask the big stuff, like a)Was Revan DS or LS b)Was Bastila killed or redeemed

Or will it get a bit more in depth, asking about each former party member, and various NPC's?

Like I said. It depends on what the story calls for in KOTOR 2. I doubt they want to be so beholden to KOTOR 1 they ask about absolutely everything. Expect the questions to be general major plot points not minor stuff like did you turn yuthura ban and ajunta pall or redeem them. They arent going to try and put every possible outcome of KOTOR 1 into KOTOR 2. Way too much extra work for little to no reward.

I'd like to know atleast what happened to my party. Something like a log aboard the Ebon Hawk with video footage showing Mission and Zaalbar (if they lived) being dropped off somewhere, like Kasshyyk. Or Carth saying his goodbyes as he heads for Telos (or wherever it was that he was supposed to meet up with Dustil). Canderous and HK-47 leaving with Revan to the Unknown Regions. That kind of thing.

Unless, of course, Obsidian is leaving their whereabouts open for possibilities in the future (KOTOR3 perhaps?)

I'd like to know atleast what happened to my party. Something like a log aboard the Ebon Hawk with video footage showing Mission and Zaalbar (if they lived) being dropped off somewhere, like Kasshyyk. Or Carth saying his goodbyes as he heads for Telos (or wherever it was that he was supposed to meet up with Dustil). Canderous and HK-47 leaving with Revan to the Unknown Regions. That kind of thing.

Unless, of course, Obsidian is leaving their whereabouts open for possibilities in the future (KOTOR3 perhaps?)

Yeah itd be nice but KOTOR2 devs arent going to want to bog down their whole game creating eulogies for every character in KOTOR. You arent revan. You arent going to track down your old friends or something. This isnt KOTOR reunion. They will leave their whereabouts unknown so the PC can believe whatever they want to believe about them unless they decide to use any of them in a story in any sort of capacity. Like T3M4

I'd like to know atleast what happened to my party.  Something like a log aboard the Ebon Hawk with video footage showing Mission and Zaalbar (if they lived) being dropped off somewhere, like Kasshyyk.  Or Carth saying his goodbyes as he heads for Telos (or wherever it was that he was supposed to meet up with Dustil).  Canderous and HK-47 leaving with Revan to the Unknown Regions.  That kind of thing.

Yeah itd be nice but KOTOR2 devs arent going to want to bog down their whole game creating eulogies for every character in KOTOR. You arent revan. You arent going to track down your old friends or something. This isnt KOTOR reunion. They will leave their whereabouts unknown so the PC can believe whatever they want to believe about them unless they decide to use any of them in a story in any sort of capacity. Like T3M4

They don't need to go that deep really, an explanation on what happened to the Eban Hawk crew is enough to satisfy most of the KotOR 1-players.

I have to admit that the devs might have a hard time on what to do with Bastila, since she played such major part in KotOR.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In the xbox version of KOTOR if you trigger Juhani's side quest you won't be able to get the premium items from that dude in Korriban. The guy that sells the dominator guantlets. It's a pretty lame glitch.

As people said earlier just keep talking to everyone constantly to get their sidequests. Plus those people must be in your party inorder for certain sidequests to be triggered. For example, keep talking to Mission and eventually she will mention her brother and Lena. Have Mission in your party and Lena will eventually come up to you and the side quest will be triggered.

To turn Yuthura just keep talking to her while you are trying to gain prestige in the sith academy. Get to know her and become her friend. Then when the time comes where you have to choose to fight her or Uthar, side with Yuthura. Spare her and convince her to go to the light.

This all applies to the xbox version so im not sure how different things are with the pc version.

To turn Yuthura just keep talking to her while you are trying to gain prestige in the sith academy. Get to know her and become her friend. Then when the time comes where you have to choose to fight her or Uthar, side with Yuthura. Spare her and convince her to go to the light.

This all applies to the xbox version so im not sure how different things are with the pc version.

Almost.

In the PC version you have to have a very high persuade skill in order for her calling you 'friend'. I think it 14 when i was playing male and 11 when playing female.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

To turn Yuthura just keep talking to her while you are trying to gain prestige in the sith academy.  Get to know her and become her friend.  Then when the time comes where you have to choose to  fight her or Uthar, side with Yuthura.  Spare her and convince her to go to the light. 

Almost.

In the PC version you have to have a very high persuade skill in order for her calling you 'friend'. I think it 14 when i was playing male and 11 when playing female.

Doh! I left that out. You will have to pursuade her in the xbox version as well. My persuade is usually so high and always works I totally forgot that you need to have persuade.