Why are you on these forums?

How did you become a fan of KOTOR?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. How did you become a fan of KOTOR?

• I'm magnetically attracted to all things Star Wars.
    • I'm a CRPG addict.
    • I bought KOTOR on a whim, and it made me a CRPG addict.
    • It was on sale, and I needed something to do on weekends.
    • I took advice from a friend. Now we're both obsessed.
    • Other (Specify)

I know we all have a story to tell. ;)

Mine's actually remarkably boring:

I needed a new game, had a gift certificate

I needed to spend, and KOTOR had the

coolest cover.

Basically, what I'm asking is what originally made you

buy KOTOR: Are you a Star Wars fan, a CRPG fan, or were

you simply attracted to the cover, like me? ;)

Why I'm on these forums? I guess I'd like to have some very minor influence on what I want to see in the upcoming game(s) by posting my opinions on its/their different aspects.

Why I bought KotOR? I'm an RPG-addict, and I like Star Wars universe. So KotOR was a natural choice for me when I was looking for another time-waster (in a good sense).

STAR WARS!!!!!!!!! star wars has been a part of my life for like since i was 4 cuz my dad watched the movies and now its a hobby of mine so STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEDI FOREVER

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I actually hadn't planned on buying KOTOR since it was turn-based, and i had never played an RPG of that style before, but as I watched trailer after trailer (multiple times B) ), I decided to give it a try and have been hooked ever since. The fact that it's Star Wars was a draw, too, but even if a game deals with the Star Wars universe, it's not an automatic "go out and buy".

I'd heard excellent things about the game [KOTOR Uno, the curse of the black pearl] from a forum that I lurked. I knew nothing about it, took $40.00 out of my bank account and asked my...friend...to loan me $10. In the end I got the $10 by selling my soul to her (and she wanted me to do some work for her, I agreed because I'm poor.)

I wan't particulatrly fond of Bioware's previous title, NWN, except for the multiplayer. And my druid. Mmm. Druids.

KOTOR was intriguing. A game where I could be something cooler than Kyle Katarn, not suck like JA, and where I could make my own choices? It was like Star Trek had gotten an RPG made, but slightly bitterer. And crunchy. It kinda tasted like cottage cheese.

And why am I on this forum? The polite, correct reply would be "Why not?". but alas I am neither. I started lurking here. . .January or Febuaryish? Back when the site was...kinda... new, and back when this project was speculated on. I regestered to answer one question. Unfortunetly, you people are more addictive than smoking cigs. Less deadly, though. I hope.

[edit]Oh yes. I've liked everything Star Wars except for the NT. That just sucks.[/edit]

Fnord.

... I knew nothing about it, took $40.00 out of my bank account and asked my...friend...to loan me $10. In the end I got the $10 by selling my soul to her ...

By replacing "soul" with "body" this post becames far better.

:blink: So...so it does. Amazing.

Perhaps I need to declare my gender and sexuality in my signature? Then you'd stop thinking that.

And that truly is a lovely signature of your own you have there.

[edit]Rereading what you write is your minds way of telling you when to shut up. I'm female and I don't swing that way, thank you very much.[/edit]

Fnord.

CRPG fanatic. There are too few of them released nowadays, so I shall fervently cling to the metaphorical tit of any company which is still making them. :)

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I wasn't a fan of star wars until KotOR came out, star wars is a bit of a geeks past time where I live and I still get ribbed from my oh so 'nice' work collegues for actually getting into it (and then stupidly telling them :p )

But I didn't actually even buy KotOR until a couple of months after its initial release, because it was star wars and I wasn't interested. But one weekend I was shopping for a new game and it was pretty deserted of games I fancied, so I picked up KotOR as I had a couple of RPG's and I didn't mind them. When I played it though I was totally blown away!

And I could hardly contain myself when I found out about the sequel, though inevitable, I thought it was soon, and just had to get my filthy little hands on a copy, and that in case your wondering is why I'm here ;)