For the Lakers Fans!!!

kumquatq3

How will T-Mac affect team chemistry? I think Indiana is just as interesting right now.

Well, imo, chemistry wasnt that great to begin with.

indiana hasn't done...anything...and detroit beat them soundly. Soooooo?

Indiana is being mentioned with a lot of free agents, and the rumor is that they are looking to spend. I think they're close to being the team to beat in the East.

Indiana gave Detroit more troubles than LA did.

not saying much

LA iis talking to coach K

SALT LAKE CITY, United States (AFP) - Karl Malone will reportedly end an illustrious National Basketball Association career without the title he desperately craved.

The Salt Lake Tribune, citing several "league sources," reported Thursday that the 19-year veteran, who is facing a lengthy rehabilitation from knee surgery, has decided to retire.

• 2 weeks later...

Shaq............to Miami? :rolleyes:

This is going to take some getting used to.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

You are 100% wrong fool! I saw every Laker game of last season, and I tell you, Shaq was the Laker's weakness!

You didn't see the finals, then...unless you're just joking.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I saw the Finals, where they got a 4-1 humilation. Thanks to Shaq being so old and missing every crucial freethrow and obvious layup. Dr. Buss was muttering bad things about Shaq by the Final's disapointing end. He isn't worth $30 million, I tell you that! Trading him while he is still worth money is the smartest move for this situation.

I saw the Finals, where they got a 4-1 humilation. Thanks to Shaq being so old and missing every crucial freethrow and obvious layup. Dr. Buss was muttering bad things about Shaq by the Final's disapointing end. He isn't worth $30 million, I tell you that!

Were you watching the same game as the rest of us? What I saw was Shaq dominate early on, and then the rest of the Lakers (or should I just say Kobe) decide not to give him the ball anymore and throw up horrible shots.

The Pistons decided not to double team and shut down the other 4 guys on the floor (that includes Kobe, and they made him look like a highschool rookie again). They were going to let Shaq try and beat them. Did the Lakers do the smart thing and get the ball into shaq to either score or free up shooters? Nope, or at least not for long (tho it was successful when they did it). Kobe decided to throw up the ball whenever he touched it (Will the real Medvedenko please stand up?). Malone lost all ability to shoot, hell, people stopped gaurding him. The rest of the players seemed so dazed and confused that I lost count of how many open shots they passed up.

The ONLY player that had any heart, intelligence, or scoring threat on the Lakers that series was Shaq. Kobe is an over-priced, selfish, over-rated, pretty boy, and cost the Lakers the series......and thats just on the court.

The Lakers made mistakes, but give credit where credit is due: The Pistons won because they were the better team.

PS

I can't wait to see the Kobe lead Lakers fall flat next year. The Kings, Rockets, Wolves, and maybe even the Mavericks (losing Nash hurts) out class and out gun them now. Specially if the Miami trade takes place. Shaq should put a curse on the Lakers -_-

. Like Buss said, I want a younger faster team. Hopefully we will get Divac back too.

Now I know you're being a smart-ass.

. Like Buss said, I want a younger faster team. Hopefully we will get Divac back too.

Now I know you're being a smart-ass.

Yea, I think he may be ****ing with us now too. Younger & faster does not equal Divac! Divac minutes have gone drastically down. Besides, it seems like that Miami deal is almost a lock, he isn't going to the Kings.

Wake up Shaq-Lovers, Shaq just aint the great big guy he used to be, this trade was for the best.

I disagree. While Shaq is obviously past his prime, it has become clear that Kobe can not be counted on to be your leader. You take runs at championships when you have the chance. Shaq gives you better odds to win in the next year or two than Kobe.

The Lakers are obviously playing toward a "wishful thinking" future. I can understand what they are doing, if you keep shaq you are looking at a longer rebuilding process in the future, but I say it is a mistake if the goal is still championships. Now, if you want a team that can get to the playoffs every year, but not really make a run at the title, then this is the route you go.

Shaq should put a curse on the Lakers

Oh yeah, he's gonna curse us alright, he is actually going to [gasp!] make his freethrows!

If you can find it (as I have only heard it a few times during the playoffs this year) when shaq is missing the majority of his freethrows, the Lakers rarely lose that game. It hasn't hurt them much, and certainly didn't hurt them much in the Detroit series. Not compared to Kobes itchy trigger finger anyways.

I still say Shaq should curse the Lakers when he leaves! :lol:

The Curse of the Big Diesel! :D

That was my intent ;)

Yeah? If Shaq was so great, then why did we have a hard time finding teams that would accept him in trade? I'm talking about a Nowitzki trade.

The truth is that Shaq is overpaid and clearly not worth the money. For the $30 million he's demanding he should be making every singe one of those freethrows. The Hack-a-Shaq was becoming the Laker's weakness, one hit on the big fellow would send him to the line, causing an instant turnover because everyone knows he misses them.

The only great thing about Shaq is his domminance, but what good is that, when he is beginging to miss his layups as well?

Clearly, for $30 million, we could and should have better players.

DOWN WITH SHAQ!