For the Lakers Fans!!!

kumquatq3

I would be interesting to see the big man back in an Magic uniform... but I feel McGrady would have the same problem Kobe does.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Maybe McGrady will be part of the trade package for Shaq.

McGrady and Kobe will put together highlight reels. But I think a good point-guard and Shaq will beat most teams they line up against.

If LA had passed to Shaq more often, LA might be the champs right now.

Maybe McGrady will be part of the trade package for Shaq.

McGrady and Kobe will put together highlight reels. But I think a good point-guard and Shaq will beat most teams they line up against.

If LA had passed to Shaq more often, LA might be the champs right now.

True. Shaq almost scored at will against Detroit. But I still submit that even Shaq can't win it alone. He has to have good ball handlers, and good shooters for him to dish off to. If whatever team he went to had at least two shooting threats(read: consistant) on the court at any given time, all double team attempts would be a major risk.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Not true. if LA would have stuck to passing to Shaq; the Lakers would have won hands down. Either Shaq would have landed up scoring 50+ points every night, or the Pistons would have been forced to double team leaving one of the Laker's jump shooters open which is when they usually do well.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Of course he's staying. You think anyone else would pay him that money with so many other free agents on the market? Payton was exposed, and has no option but to stay in LA. Perhaps if he stayed in Seattle, fans might be patient with him because of all the good years he put in. Payton better be prepared to be ripped apart by the LA fans and critics next year.

The big question is can anybody AFFORD Shaq's contract right now? Without trading the whole team, that is.

That depends. Can he take a pay cut?

I think he'd be willing to take a certain pay cut to get away from LA. Will the union allow it? I think it's funny that players will from time to time take a pay cut while staying with a team, and that's okay. Or they'll sign for less than market value to play for a certain team.

But when A-Rod wanted to take a pay cut to move to Boston, the union wouldn't allow it. It's just as well. I'm glad we don't have him.

But when A-Rod wanted to take a pay cut to move to Boston, the union wouldn't allow it. It's just as well. I'm glad we don't have him.

Tim Duncan tried it too last year, to free up room to get kidd, the union said no

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Derek Fisher, a key member of the Los Angeles Lakers the past eight seasons, opted out of his contract Wednesday to become an unrestricted free agent.

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said the team expected such a decision.

my bulls are making some interesting moves as well

I was just thinking that.

The league will look very different next year. It looks like Shaq is playing in Dallas, and Kobe will flirt in free agency, but sign for big bucks in LA.

I wonder if LA will have a clause saying the contract is contigent on him not going to jail.

The league will look very different next year. It looks like Shaq is playing in Dallas, and Kobe will flirt in free agency, but sign for big bucks in LA.

Well, Shaq went on record to say he wants to go to Sacromento

and the Spurs are going to go after KObe, and have the cash and team to maybe pull it off. But kobe might want a team to be just "his". The spurs are Ducans team.

I wonder if LA will have a clause saying the contract is contigent on him not going to jail.

Not a chance kobe signs that contract.

Sacramento? I don't see him playing for the Queens.

why not? he already played for the drama queens...

Yeah, but they aren't, like, actualy queens, and stuff.... ;)

It just wouldn't make sense for him to play a team he's ragged on for the past few years.

why not? he already played for the drama queens...

Yeah, but they aren't, like, actualy queens, and stuff.... :)

It just wouldn't make sense for him to play a team he's ragged on for the past few years.

LOL, the he can't go to most West coast teams (especially Dallas!!!)

Here's the interesting thing.

The idiot front office has basically promised Kobe that they will keep him and get rid of Shaq. So they "need" to dump him. Yet they want a laundry list of players, and a superstar in trade. I think Dallas is being too generous in their rumored offers for Shaq.

LA is the team that wants to trade. Dallas could do other things on the Free Agency market without throwing the whole dichotomy of their team to the wind. They don't need Shaq.

If Dallas was smart, they'd either up the ante, and then back out thusly forcing some other team to trade half the known universe for Shaq. I think Minesota has been exposed. You attack KG, and the team crumbles. LA is going to be dismantled. Sac-town is full of chokers. Dallas merely needs to worry about building a team to beat San Antonio.

Where do you keep hearing this? Everything I see/hear suggests Dallas or NY.