For the Lakers Fans!!!

kumquatq3

All interesting developments, but the quote about trading Shaq was misinterpereted. It said trading Shaq is a possibility, if Shaq demands it.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

All interesting developments, but the quote about trading Shaq was misinterpereted. It said trading Shaq is a possibility, if Shaq demands it.

General manager Mitch Kupchak made clear the team's priorities Thursday when he said the Lakers would do anything they need to keep Bryant and would try to accommodate O'Neal if he demands a trade.

Apparently upset over Kupchak's remarks, O'Neal's canceled his exit interview. O'Neal is under contract for two more years but could opt out after next season.

If Phil is gone, who should take up the reigns for the Lakers?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

General manager Mitch Kupchak made clear the team's priorities Thursday when he said the Lakers would do anything they need to keep Bryant and would try to accommodate O'Neal if he demands a trade.

Apparently upset over Kupchak's remarks, O'Neal's canceled his exit interview. O'Neal is under contract for two more years but could opt out after next season.

Doesn't seem to change anything...just reworded a bid differently, and that Shaq didn't like the statement too well. :)

Not that it really matters. In the end, where Shaq goes, I go. :)

apparently they like one of the assistant coaches, iirc

I hope shaq goes to the Clippers, just so you will know true pain :)

anyways, off to see Dodgeball!

apparently they like one of the assistant coaches, iirc

I hope shaq goes to the Clippers, just so you will know true pain :)

anyways, off to see Dodgeball!

What are you talking about? The Lakers were hurting before Shaq showed up :)

Kurt Rambis is an assistant coach, IIRC...and he didn't work out too well as a head coach.

When Scottie, Jordan and Phil left Chicago, they left nothing behind.

If LA is stupid enough to trade Shaq to placate a baby (who may be in jail next year) who just lost them the Finals, they at least get something in return.

The triangle wasn't LA. The problem is LA will likely try to immitate Sacromento and Dallas, but that won't win you championships either.

When Scottie, Jordan and Phil left Chicago, they left nothing behind.

If LA is stupid enough to trade Shaq to placate a baby (who may be in jail next year) who just lost them the Finals, they at least get something in return.

The triangle wasn't LA. The problem is LA will likely try to immitate Sacromento and Dallas, but that won't win you championships either.

Immitate them how? Bring over a bunch of white European shooting guards? :p

Color me crazy.

A.I. wants out of Philly. I can see him in LA. They want to build a team around Kobe, and around offence. LA will build a team that focuses on quick transitions and quick outside shooting. Kobe and A.I. would put up enough shots on offence for five people.

Color me crazy.

A.I. wants out of Philly. I can see him in LA. They want to build a team around Kobe, and around offence. LA will build a team that focuses on quick transitions and quick outside shooting. Kobe and A.I. would put up enough shots on offence for five people.

Not sure AI can carry a team anymore like he did a few years back, he gets beat up and injured alot. He's young, but as Indy said: it's not the years, its the mileage.

Plus, I think the Lakers may have to absorb a bigger contract than Shaqs current one (not positive tho).

News bit:

As that was being announced, a team source told the AP on condition of anonymity that Shaquille O'Neal, a staunch supporter of Jackson, had requested a trade.

``The direction they're going in, if they're going to continue to go in the same direction, I don't want to be a part of this,'' O'Neal said. ``This team, it ain't about me. It ain't about Phil. It's supposed to be about team.

``Right now, upstairs in the Laker offices, they've lost the team concept. They're trying to pit people against each other. ... So, obviously, we don't have the same thought process anymore. That's fine.''

shananana shananana heyheyhey goodbye

Dallas is more run and gun, while the kings can do that, they shine in the half court with picks and passing, imo

Interesting...I guess nothing is out of bounds, now ;)

Ok, now that I've got my bearings on the situation...

In what team would Shaq best fit? Or what team would best fit Shaq, more importantly.

If they got rid of webber (hence his cap room), honestly, sacramento

They have noooo problems passing and have the shooters for the double team

both existing centers can player power forward

Denver has alot of cap room and could use him

out east:

Magic, but won't happen

The Cavs seem like a great fit if Lebron can pass.

If they got rid of webber (hence his cap room), honestly, sacramento

They have noooo problems passing and have the shooters for the double team

both existing centers can player power forward

Denver has alot of cap room and could use him

out east:

Magic, but won't happen

The Cavs seem like a great fit if Lebron can pass.

I would hope not Sacramento :lol:

Just don't care for them, really.

It's just hard imagining Shaq in any other uniform other than a Lakers uni. (Though I said the same thing when he was with Orlando)

Not to mention there would be tension between Bibby and Shaq from the get go.

ding dong, the witch is dead

pistonme.jpg

kobe.jpg

basketball suck serious ass. almoust as much as baseball and american football. what's wrong with americans? basketball may be all wrong, but what's the deal with baseball and american football? i mean, are they retarded or something? baseball isn't a sport and american football is the pus*y version of rugby...

sorry about the language; i just don't accept these so called "sports"... :angry:

How do you define a sport?

http://sports.excite.com/news/06192004/v1412.html

HOUSTON (AP) - Former Houston Rockets coach Rudy Tomjanovich has been contacted by the Los Angeles Lakers about replacing Phil Jackson as their coach, a Houston television station and newspaper reported Saturday.

Interestink. Any comments?

basketball suck serious ass. almoust as much as baseball and american football. what's wrong with americans?

as much fun as soccer is to watch, it takes up time I could be using to watch paint dry and grass grow. Speaking of, have you seen that Kentucky Blue Grass this year? What a way to spend a day!

baseball isn't a sport

almost agree with you there, actually

and american football is the pus*y version of rugby...sorry about the language; i just don't accept these so called "sports"... 

I guess a "sport" for you means players have to stick fingers into apposing players asses (as a rugby player got in trouble for awhile ago after numerous complaints). This, of course, is the same sport that has men wearing shorts in a large squirming pile for extended periods of time poking each other in assorted orafices. "Euro" sports have this Homo-erotic edge to them (at least more so than american sports(the ass slapping)). If you disagree, one word: Beckham

HOUSTON (AP) - Former Houston Rockets coach Rudy Tomjanovich has been contacted by the Los Angeles Lakers about replacing Phil Jackson as their coach, a Houston television station and newspaper reported Saturday.

Well, can't say that was a surprise. Every article I read had him high on their list.

Seems Shaq REALLLLLY wants out tho

While I love playing soccer, it is horrid to watch.

I think people don't understand or appreciate American football unless they play it. There is far more strategy involved in football than any sport I've ever played. And at the same time you have 11 individual battles of behemoths on every down. It's the perfect TV sport, with time between plays to analyze the action, yet provides enough action to remain interesting (as opposed to baseball).

Also, check out this article on Shaq.

Shaq

Good artical, Ender.

Thanks. I also liked in Kruk's weekly article how he mentioned despite hating the Lakers, he felt sorry for Shaq.

While living out in OC, I read every day about the feud. I hadn't really noticed this year how Shaq had kept quiet, but he really has. Shaq took the higher road, and played to win. I don't care for the Lakers either, but it seems to me like he was the only guy on the floor who really wanted to win.

I can't believe how much Kobe was laughing after the Laker's losses. It's like the personal vendetta meant more to him than the championship.