For the Lakers Fans!!!

kumquatq3

beautiful couple of red xs you've got there.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Ahh.. I see a "sore winner". Good thing I'm not a Laker fan. LOL I guess those who wanted TB to win over Calgary should have been more "in your face" about it, huh K? :lol:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Ahh.. I see a "sore loser". Good thing I'm not a Laker fan. LOL I guess those who wanted TB to win over Calgary should have been more "in your face" about it, huh K? :huh:

Who's a sore loser?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I meant sore winner. LO

the point is a lot of the people cherring for Detroit also were cheering for Calgary (and vcie versa) yet when Calgary lost the TB fans didn't "rub it in' like they are trying to do now. That's the very definition of a sore winner.

Very amusing and it shows their (lack) of character. Not that it's imporant; just an observation.

beautiful couple of red xs you've got there.

I see the pictures just fine. Anyone else have arkans problem?

I meant sore winner. LO

the point is a lot of the people cherring for Detroit also were cheering for Calgary (and vcie versa) yet when Calgary lost the TB fans didn't "rub it in' like they are trying to do now. That's the very definition of a sore winner.

Very amusing and it shows their (lack) of character. Not that it's imporant; just an observation.

ooooo man, always so stoic. I'm just poking fun at JE and such for posting those pictures of LA beating the Spurs. Plus, its the Lakers! BTW, besides Arkan, I've noticed the LA fans don't come around so much anymore. ;)

O, and the NHL is screwed. :p

Pictures work for me. I think Arkan is still recovering. :D

As for getting back at JE(lol), cool.

NHL isn't screwed. At least not yet.

I'm just poking fun at JE and such for posting those pictures of LA beating the Spurs.
:lol:

I posted a picture of Snoop Dogg and said that the reaction in San Antonio to the last-second game-winning shot was awesome.

Ok, am I crazy or does anyone else remember someone posting, not JE (hence, and such), a picture of the spurs holding their wastes looking at the floor after fischers shot?

Regardless, I'm just giving you, akran, KK, and chu a little s*** for losing. And yes, I'm a Bulls fan, but at least we got a high draft pick for losing! :):):(

Pictures work for me. I think Arkan is still recovering. :D

Yes, I've finally stopped vomitting.

I'm not scared off, just because my team lost. It's happened before...like last season, or something.

I hope this proves that I'm a real fan now! :angry:

:lol:

Now it's time for a game. What will the Lakers look like next season?

I think Payton is gone. It was clear he wasn't happy in LA, and it was clear that he wants to be the leader of a team.

Malone is a toss up. If they'd have won, I could see him retiring. He might come back and try again, however.

I don't see any reason why Fisher would leave. I think he'll still be here.

George will still be here. I doubt he'll be going anywhere. He contributed a lot during the season an in the playoffs, and he has a lot of potential.

I think Luke is coming back :lol:

Rush will probably stay, because they're desperate for 3-point shooting.

Franky, I don't see Kobe playing for a different team...this is assuming all things go well in Colorado.

Shaq is under contract, but they could trade him...yeah, and I could be his replacement.

And I can't even make a guess about Phil Jackson.

I have to look up salaries and how much room the Lakers have under the cap, but on just uneducated hunches:

Kobe is gone. I think he wants to show everyone he can carry a team as the first option. I think Shaq will also try and make his return harder.

I think Payton stays. I doubt he gets a better offer, money wise, and unless he goes to another championship caliber team (I can't think of any who need his services)....he stays put. The only other way is if he retires, but I think he wants another year to untarnish his image.

Malone.....hmmmm. This is the thoughest one, imo. I'm going to go with the "I don't think he wants it to end like this, and Payton isn't quiting" side of it and say he stays.

I think George stays just because no one else will give him more money, or enough to make it worth while.

Fischer leaves. I think they draft or bring in a point guard to help them get the ball to Shaq.

Rush and Luke stay. Rush starts next season.

Phil is gone.

He's not going anywhere unless he retires. Going to a different team would be stupid.

``The No. 1 priority for us right now is to resolve the coaching situation,'' general manager Mitch Kupchak said Thursday. ``We would hope to have that addressed in a short period of time.''

GET THIS:

Speaking less than 48 hours after the Lakers were beaten by the Detroit Pistons in the NBA Finals, Kupchak also said the team will do whatever it takes to keep Kobe Bryant, and trading Shaquille O'Neal is a possibility if the star center demands it.

how f***ed is that? Thats like saying you would trade Micheal Jordan if Scottie Pippen demanded it! I know Kobe has more years in front of him, but as he has shown, he isn't Micheal Jordan. Shaq can dominate regularly. You can stop Kobe with a good defender, often without a double team.

Kupchak said he expects Payton will exercise his $5.4 million option to play with the Lakers next season. Payton has until next Wednesday to decide, his agent, Aaron Goodwin, said Thursday.

Kupchak also said he hopes Malone will return.

I agree. that's xrewed up. Shaq is the most dominate player in the league. perhaps the most dominate player ever with only only certain guys can make the case they're up there with him. Not to emntion that Kobe might be in prison next season..

...Kobe's a great player; the best all-'round player the Lakers 'ave had since Magic Johnson...but he ain't Shaq...noone in the NBA since Wilt Chamberlain could completely dominate any given game like Shaq can (no, not e'en Michael Jordan)...LA's first option e'ery damn time down the floor should be ta dump it inside ta Shaq; but it ain't, fer some stunned-ass reason...Kobe's gotta go... :angry:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

...noone in the NBA since Wilt Chamberlain could completely dominate any given game like Shaq can (no, not e'en Michael Jordan)...

I disagree. No player has ever been able to dominate his position like Shaq, but IMO no one could take over a game via defense, his offense, and getting others involved like MJ. He had no large weaknesses, Shaq does. Shaq has free throw problems, and his defense can be negated if he is playing a center that can hit outside shots (Ming, Divac, Olajuwon, and remember his troubles in his prime with the aging Sabonis at times?). He has problems running the floor as well.

Amazing:

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Darko Milicic broke his hand in a token appearance in the Detroit Pistons' NBA title clincher, an injury that could jeopardize his chances of playing for Serbia in the Olympics.

The second overall pick in the NBA draft was hurt at the end of the fifth and final game of the NBA Finals. He missed Thursday's parade celebrating the team's victory.

The 7-footer, who will turn 19 on Sunday, had surgery on the hand Wednesday, said Detroit president of basketball operations Joe Dumars.

The team said he is expected to miss eight weeks.

Milicic barely played as a rookie. He had told the Pistons he wouldn't play for their summer-league team because he wanted to focus on his hopes of playing in Athens.

Agent: Jackson Leaving As Lakers Coach

7 minutes ago  Add Sports - AP to My Yahoo!

By JOHN NADEL, AP Sports Writer

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - The Zen Master's coaching career with the Los Angeles Lakers (news) is over. Phil Jackson, one of the most successful coaches in NBA history, won't return as coach of the Lakers next season, his agent Todd Musberger told The Associated Press on Friday. Musberger said a joint statement would be released later.