Darker Dark Side choices

In KOTR, most of the Dark Side choices involved picking dialoge choices that, to put it bluntly, made you seem more like a jerk and not really a power seeking Dark Sider. I think it would be really awsome if the major plot, and some side-quests, allowed you to chose responses that kinda of blew someone off. It just seems to me that a majority of Dark Side reponses involve you garnaring for mone credits or an extra reward. I think a true Sith could care less, s/he would be more concerned with tracking down that star forge and gaining power. More decit and guile for Dark Siders, I'm not a petty criminal I'm a Dark Side apprentice.

Examples for main plot dialogs could involve trciking and manipulating NPCs, even your own party members, to create confusion and distrust. Maybe create a way to travel the Dark Side path by completing quests seemingly on the Light Side, only because you wanted to advance as quickly and secretly as possible.

For example, a possible side-quest; imagine some stranger walks up to you and asks for help to bring water for their son's dying flower plot. Your character would keep trying to ignore the person, but they would keep bugging you, so eventually you just force choke them until they leave you alone. (On a side-note, it would also be cool if force choke could be used as a persuasian method much like affect mind...evil!)

There were a couple of instances in KOTR that you could act truely evil before the unknown planet, but not many. I'm just rambling, but let's get some thoughts on this.

"Hey mister! My kitten is caught up in that tree, can you help me get it down?"

*Revan Force Chokes the kitten

You mean like that?

Don't just force choke it....raise it in the air and bring it down to the ground repeatedly with force, Jedi Knight style. B)

*Revan force puts the kid on the top of the tree and the cat on the ground.*

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

*Revan uses the force to transport the kitten to the child*

"Wow! Thanks mister!"

*As he's walking away, Revan waves his hand*

*Tree falls on both kitten and child*

Revan shoots force-lightening at the tree.

**Zotty-Zotty**

The kid cries and the cat panicks.

"Well, if the cat is weak it will die. If the cat is strong, it will save itself. Don't mention it, kid."

Ha! I loved that- the Sith rationalizing their acions by saying, "only the strong survive". Seems to me the lure to the dark side would be self evident, not some silly way to make killing innocents seem reasonable.

Whatever happened to the "two Sith rule" anyway? Maybe this is where it originated: all these Sith killing each other makes for an order that can't sustain itself.

Force choke was used once at least in KOTOR, on Tatooine, in the cantina, with a Czerka employee.

There's a fundamental problem with this Dark side/ good side thing as it's been represented so far: In the movies, most of the struggling characters are driven to the dark side one way or another. Anakin loses his mother, Luke's sister is threatened, etc. We would think that even the Emperor was good at some distant time. No one is inherently evil; something made them that way. Either they want power or control or revenge. I think the story should be set up so that something awful happens to you and your character either resists the tempation for revenge or gives in.

There's a fundamental problem with this Dark side/ good side thing as it's been represented so far: In the movies, most of the struggling characters are driven to the dark side one way or another.

That's how I played KOTOR my first time through.

For the most part I was a nice guy...helped out people that were being thugs...slowly but surely a began to slip towards the darkside when I became a Jedi though.

I lied to the Council because I was trying to be open minded....I felt that by understanding what the Dark Side was with some experience, I could better control it.....I was wrong :)