jedi and non-jedi teamates

For kotor 1 did you prefer non-jedi teamates as partners or jedi teamates as partners?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. For kotor 1 did you prefer non-jedi teamates as partners or jedi teamates as partners?

• 1. no i don't prefer jedi as partners
    • 2. i used my jedi companions the most
    • 3. i preferred jedi companions so much i changed my whole team into jedis
    • 4. i like my guys carreing lightsabers over guns and vibroblades
    • 5. i like my guys carreing guns and vibroblades over lightsabers

I played with Bastila and Carth the first time, through, taking Jolee instead of Bastila where I was forced on Kashyyk and instead of Carth on Manaan. After Bastila was taken, I replaced her with Juhani.

The second time, through with an evil character (no light powers), I went with Canderous and HK-47 as soon as I could get him and Canderous and Carth before that.

Basically, my experience has been that as long as you give your soldiers good items and develop them as melee fighters, they are better in a fight than Jolee, but very boring to use. Fully upgraded HK-47 is quite good as well if properly equipped.

I hated using all Jedi party in the star forge, too much micro management to make sure no one runs off to get killed.

The best time I had was with a Scoundrel7/Guardian with 30 strength (30 defense) with duelling and maxed critical strike supplemented by Jolee with Stasis Field (since immunity to mind effects doesn't stop it), Horror and Lightning and Mission (sneak attacks with Baragwin ion-x rifle from afar and grenades when needed) with 34 dexterity (very few Dark Jedi deflecting her attacks). Of course, I went in there loaded for bear with hyperstims and all the Verpine shields. I only had to manage my PC as frontliner to make sure she stayed with Master speed and stunning as many as she could and queue Jolee's force powers up a bit at the back.

I liked Mission a lot and varied her in my run throughs with dual pistols, double bladed weapons (not the best setup), master duelling and flurry (best), and rifle (nearly equal to best).

Plus besides Jolee, all the Jedi have the same back story, I was taken from my family as a kid, I was trained in the force, I was tempted by the dark side, no one has ever loved me

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Plus besides Jolee, all the Jedi have the same back story, I was taken from my family as a kid, I was trained in the force, I was tempted by the dark side, no one has ever loved me

I think we are going to be suprized by this game in the matters of Jedi background.

They MUST have created a different and better, more developed story.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I think we are going to be suprized by this game in the matters of Jedi background.

They MUST have created a different and better, more developed story.

Think they will be making a DS recreation center to help out unfortunate souls? :p :cool:

Being a LSr I couldnt get enough money to get the best weapons for the non-jedi characters (I don't want to play pazaak the next 2 years), and jedis dont need any weapons at all just the lightsaber, and you get the crystals for free, so my best characters were jedis, and I wanted to play with the strongest characters, however from time to time i used other characters, but I was so strong i didn't need them anyway.  Maybe Zaalbaris the only non jedi character that can be very strong because of his high strength, but since you cant equip him with armors, he has low armor and some saves.

Hopefully with all the enhancements they are doing to ranged weapons, and everything else, non jedi can get a chance to be permanet in my team.

Zero

Well, the two best crystals (heart of the guardian and mantle of the force) you had to buy. Ones like 22500 and the others 22000. If you don't know where to get them, you is n00b. After those two babies, malak is a biznatch. :cool:

Being a LSr I couldnt get enough money to get the best weapons for the non-jedi characters (I don't want to play pazaak the next 2 years), and jedis dont need any weapons at all just the lightsaber, and you get the crystals for free, so my best characters were jedis, and I wanted to play with the strongest characters, however from time to time i used other characters, but I was so strong i didn't need them anyway.  Maybe Zaalbaris the only non jedi character that can be very strong because of his high strength, but since you cant equip him with armors, he has low armor and some saves.

Hopefully with all the enhancements they are doing to ranged weapons, and everything else, non jedi can get a chance to be permanet in my team.

Zero

Well, the two best crystals (heart of the guardian and mantle of the force) you had to buy. Ones like 22500 and the others 22000. If you don't know where to get them, you is n00b. After those two babies, malak is a biznatch. :cool:

Actually, at least with critical strike instead of flurry, Baragwin Assault blades (one before last map, one after) are better than lsabers, even with those crystals. Solari crystal looks great, but the game considers Malak's alignment to be neutral for some reason (check log when he lightnings), so it's no better than others. You can theoretically get 500 damage per round with dual B.A.B.'s. Once I had two, I only used a lightsaber when forcejumping on the 'outdoor' platforms on the SF. I did up to 230 damage on Malak per round, and could have done much more on any paralyzed peeps if they had the HP.

Lightsabers ought to be the best though, and jedi ought to be better fighters than everyone else as in KotOR, except that the "everyone else" is a much larger group of people.