jedi and non-jedi teamates

For kotor 1 did you prefer non-jedi teamates as partners or jedi teamates as partners?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. For kotor 1 did you prefer non-jedi teamates as partners or jedi teamates as partners?

• 1. no i don't prefer jedi as partners
    • 2. i used my jedi companions the most
    • 3. i preferred jedi companions so much i changed my whole team into jedis
    • 4. i like my guys carreing lightsabers over guns and vibroblades
    • 5. i like my guys carreing guns and vibroblades over lightsabers

when i played kotor 1 my second time around i found out how to change all my companions like zaalbar and canderous to jedis with force abilities and lightsaber abilities. I did this from there on whenever i did a new game in kotor. Zaalbar a guy whos strength alone is 21 to start with holding a lightsaber killed. Canderous with high strengths too with a lightsaber killed also and some ds forcepoweres rocked a**.

when i played kotor 1 my second time around i found out how to change all my companions like zaalbar and canderous to jedis with force abilities and lightsaber abilities. I did this from there on whenever i did a new game in kotor. Zaalbar a guy whos strength alone is 21 to start with holding a lightsaber killed. Canderous with high strengths too with a lightsaber killed also and some ds forcepoweres rocked a**.

i got carth with the best armor and gun(s if you used the mannam cheat) and he still suckedc(level 18 dexterity)

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

While I managed to get Carth compotent eventually, I found the characters that were the most fun to have were jedi. You have those wacky force powers and better roleplaying stuff. Therefore my usual party was bastila, me, and carth. Often I tried to bring myself (on later play-throughs) to deviate from that party, but I found myself using it (because those people are the characters with the most dialogue and are the most fun).

Therefore (though I had to vote I used jedi the most), I like interesting characters, jedi or not. Unfortunately, all the interesting characters were jedi, except for maybe carth...

There's a way (at least on the XBox) to cheat so you can change your character's classes. This goes for your NPCs, and probably you as well.

Anyway, it's a stupid way of cheating. I hate cheaters. But my Counter-Strike addiction may have something to do with that mentality.

Anyway, as much as I think Canderous, Carth, and HK-47 are cooler than the Jedi, the Jedi are so much better...

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

I used a lot of variety through and through. After having played the game and more or less knowing who I would be facing where, I would alternate between my group choices to use everybody as much as possible.

Playing against Mandalorians, natives, soldiers or creatures: I would sometimes use 2 non-Force users, giving the droids some work outs; sometimes I'd have one Force user and one not though the Force user was more of a medic than an attacker.

Playing against Sith warriors (Saber and Force users) more often than not I'd use 3 Jedi. Especially in wall to wall Force users like the Star Forge. Sometimes I'd have the one Force user and one not combo but that was when not many Force users would be my enemies.

The character I used the least was Juhani because I found Jolee a better Force user and Bastila a better saberist so my all Jedi party was usually made this way. Juhani I used only when I had no other choice and needed to Jedi or when I knew she had fellow npc dialogs like in Korriban.

Being a LSr I couldnt get enough money to get the best weapons for the non-jedi characters (I don't want to play pazaak the next 2 years), and jedis dont need any weapons at all just the lightsaber, and you get the crystals for free, so my best characters were jedis, and I wanted to play with the strongest characters, however from time to time i used other characters, but I was so strong i didn't need them anyway. Maybe Zaalbaris the only non jedi character that can be very strong because of his high strength, but since you cant equip him with armors, he has low armor and some saves.

Hopefully with all the enhancements they are doing to ranged weapons, and everything else, non jedi can get a chance to be permanet in my team.

Zero

I agree about Canderous being a great Jedi. Whenever i play now, i always turn Canderous, Mission and Zaalbar into Jedis. I don't do it for Carth because i hate him, heh. Too bad your droids don't completely make the change but i think it's cool to have an all Jedi party.

Caveat: Only cheat/glitch if you've already played the game to death and are finally bored.

• 1 month later...

I prefered only Bastilla as Jedi partymember.

Because I like the 'master-apprentice' thing, were she's my master and I'm the apprentice. And as third partymember I prefered Carth.

Also because this was the most storybased choice of party selection.

All other members were just sidequest character, not important to the story, and there comments within conversations were either neutral or they didn't know what they were saying.

While Carth and Bastilla are the main characters, and they were always related to the story, it is best to have them with you when doing main quests.

But sometimes Bastilla wasn't available, then I used that black and neutral Jedi ( can't remember his name).

And I called for T3 from time to time whenever I needed him.

Infact I always wanted to adventure with a party of 4 members instead of three.

Would be nice if they made non jedi more able, like Boba fet was in starwars, i know jedi are special but there should still be some that can match them in skills, in a real world if something is more able than you then you addapt and learn new skill to match them.

Seems hard as to nobody being able to do that.

I liked the variety.  Having all Force Adepts would be too vanilla, I think.

Alot of people complain that kotor was too easy, I think that alot of those people only used jedis, I tried to only have one jedi in my party unless like on wookieeville where you needed jolee to complete your mission. The only time I can really remember using three jedis is on the star forge

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

With canderous as melee his pretty okay to, since he gets good saves, decent dmg the regenerate and good ac.

But there is near to none point in doing blaster because they do so little damage its hardly worth it at all, even developers knew this otherwise soldiers damage output wouldnt have been nearly solely Grenadie use later around finish.

Hope they improved blasters in Kotor2 so you actually have a reason to pick blaster deflection ac mod feat.