Farenheit 911

Darth Jebus

I really worry about sci-fi book adaptations these days, as nothing recent has been any good. They're all action and effects and little of the original stories remaining.

Exactly! But if Ray Bradbury's helping, like he did in the first one, not letting 451 get gang-raped by the studio, hopefully it will be good...

Is he actually involved in the project? IMDB didn't specify. If he is involved, that's good. He's extremely stubborn and headstrong, so hopefully he could keep things faithful.

I honestly don't know, but agreeing with your definiton of his character, he probably is...

P.S. I'm not sure if he was involved with the production of the first one, but that's what I inferred from his intro on 451, but then again, my inferences can be pretty...wrong...I mean big...

I know the script that I am writing I am trying to maintain a balance bewteen dialogue and action. In the current draft the Antagonist, the protagonist, and the antagonist's girlfriend is all trying to escape from the protagonist's workplace which is basically a CIA/KGB government facility. But first they need to get clothes for the girlfriend. :D

I know the script that I am writing I am trying to maintain a balance bewteen dialogue and action.  In the current draft the Antagonist, the protagonist, and the antagonist's girlfriend is all trying to escape from the protagonist's workplace which is basically a CIA/KGB government facility.  But first they need to get clothes for the girlfriend.  :D

Eh????

There is an explanation for that The Ex is a psionically endowed person with Telepathy and electrokinesis. She can use her capabilities to mentally hack into computer systems and such. She is also unregistered and the government frowns on that. A PsiPrison is composed of sensory deprivation tank, psidampeners, and drugs that forces the victim into a deep REM sleep. It is at this point the government agaency will either do three things. Force a recruitment, lobotomize the victim, or execute her.

She is not a happy camper. She was able to get a cloak from a guy that the Antagonist killed, but she prefers her jump suits. That is oneof the things that annoyed me in The Matrix. Everyone wearing black skin tight latex and leather. No one who is going into a fight or just to live in dresses like that.

My Protagonist likes to wear old jeans, a comfortable light colored shirt, and prefers a baseball bat when getting into a fight though a fusion powered sword does the trick. The antagonist likes using dark matter energy pistols though his nanotech suit, which is the only thing he wears, can produce very sharp pointy blades and barbed tendril whips. The ex-girlfriend likes jumpsuits, bright colored jumpsuits and often colors her hair in blues and reds. She uses her mind as a weapon.

Black skin tight latex would be ideal for a fight or no clothes at all, fighting in baggy clothes slows you down in my experience.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

Black skin tight latex would be ideal for a fight or no clothes at all, fighting in baggy clothes slows you down in my experience.

Uhm.. then you have no experience. You try fighting with your.. ding dong swinging in the wind. Not a pleasant feeling, let me tell you. Hotpants (a little gay, I know) and boots is what the guys in MMA wears when they fight. I am sure they wouldn't prefer to be naked if they could.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The real target was the Pentagon, but they missed.

This is not the case. Innocent civilians were targetted from the beginning.

When the Twin Towers were bombed the first time, the terrorists wanted to fly planes into them, but couldn't pull it off. There are books on the subject. The terrorists were quite vocal about wanting to hit the twin towers.

You think both planes missed and hit the Twin Towers by accident?

New York isn't just next door to D.C. by the way.

Ender, there is no such thing as innocent civilians. This is war and war you take out the foundation of the enemy. Without the foundation for support the house of the enemy crumbles. WTC and the people working there and around that part of New York were part of that foundation that supported the US government in financial capacity.

Also the government, any government really, uses the civilian population to bolster its military. Eliminate the civilian population and you will harm a country's military through attrition.

I'm confused. I thought you're upset that Isreal supposedly kills innocent civilians, but now you say that innocent civilians don't exist.

And frankly, I've never seen the Isreali government kill or target civilians, period. I think you may be a little confused. It is the Palestinian terrorist organizations like Hammas that like to bomb civilians. They're fond of shopping malls and busses in particular, and often kill children. The Isreali government responds by targeting Hammas offices, or the Palestinian government.

The Palestinian government often claims that the members of Hammas are innocent civilians (not belonging to the government) or that civilians are also hit in the blast. I don't know 100% if they are victims of "collateral damage" or not. What I do know is that many Palestinian organizations have been vocal about the desire to see every Jew killed. I find it very difficult to have sympathy for an organization that practices terrorism and admits to genocidal fantasies.

We can debate about the rights and wrongs regarding the formation of Isreal, but I think what occurs in Isreal today is pretty clear-cut. The UN set-up a country, and told two people two share a piece of land. One side builds the land up, and turns desert into a veritable oasis, and is ordered to continually give land to the other. The other side refuses to make compromises, has done nothing over the past 30 years about terrorism, and kills civilians.

Why does the world have sympathy for when the United States or Spain is a victim of terrorism, and none for Isreal?

I'm confused. I thought you're upset that Isreal supposedly kills innocent civilians, but now you say that innocent civilians don't exist.

And frankly, I've never seen the Isreali government kill or target civilians, period. I think you may be a little confused. It is the Palestinian terrorist organizations like Hammas that like to bomb civilians. They're fond of shopping malls and busses in particular, and often kill children. The Isreali government responds by targeting Hammas offices, or the Palestinian government.

The Palestinian government often claims that the members of Hammas are innocent civilians (not belonging to the government) or that civilians are also hit in the blast. I don't know 100% if they are victims of "collateral damage" or not. What I do know is that many Palestinian organizations have been vocal about the desire to see every Jew killed. I find it very difficult to have sympathy for an organization that practices terrorism and admits to genocidal fantasies.

We can debate about the rights and wrongs regarding the formation of Isreal, but I think what occurs in Isreal today is pretty clear-cut. The UN set-up a country, and told two people two share a piece of land. One side builds the land up, and turns desert into a veritable oasis, and is order to continually give land to the other. The other side refuses to make compromises, has done nothing over the past 30 years about terrorism, and kills civilians.

Why does the world have sympathy for when the United States or Spain is a victim of terrorism, and none for Isreal?

I am saying that civilians are the backbone of government and military in most countries. Does it upset me when civilians are killed, yes. Are they a viable target, yes. See what I am getting at here?

Turn on the news sometime, when you hear about a story of an Israeli attack listen carefully. They don't target civilians but civilians are around their target. Sometimes no one is killed. They just lose an arm or a leg.

The Hammas offices are smack down in the middle of civilian areas. Israel responds to shoot US made missiles at them. Civilians are hurt or killed as "collatorial" damage. The Hammas retaliates by killing Israel civilians. Eye for an eye. Israel retaliates against the retaliation, and the cycle continues over and over again.

Tell me this, Ender, did if you ask a European Jew back in the 1940's what he thought of Nazis what do you think his answer would be.

It wasn't the UN's land in the first place and they had no right to set up that country. That is the Palestinian view of it and there should be no compromise with invaders. If someone invaded my home I would kill them and all who dare step into my home without permission. I don't care if it was a civilian, military, or the president of the USA. It is my home and I have the right to protect it. The Palestinians have the right to protect their home against foreign invaders by any means necessary.

Israel should not to exist therefore it gets no sympathy.

Here's the problem.

Historically both groups had a right to the land. And due to WWII, the entire European map got shifted around. After the Holocaust, many Jews needed new homes. These are a people that have forcibly moved many a time, and been victims of slavery, prejudice and genocide.

Like I said. People can debate one way or another whether they had a right to split the land. That's a tough call. However, the fact remains that the UN told them to split the land. One side has responded with terrorism and threats of genocide. They don't get any sympathy here.

If Palestine turned to the security council, and pleaded their case as victims that couldn't stand up to Isreal's mighty army, people would listen. I would listen. But they haven't played fair. You don't get any brownie points for murdering children.

You don't seem to understand their culture. They see the UN, US, and Israel as invaders. Would you ask someone who invaded your home and took your stuff for help against another invader that took your stuff? See it through their eyes.

Intention has no bearing, only the results.

Intention may be more important that results.

If I pull out a gun and shoot at you, but miss your head by centimeters, you will likely be glad to still be alive. You could argue that results of you not dying are more important than the fact I shot at you in the first place.

From a legal standpoint, the intention to shoot you is more important that whether I hit you or not. I think it's ignorant to look at results and discount motivations. Actions can be quite deceiving. Intentions reveal truthful motivations.

You don't seem to understand their culture. They see the UN, US, and Israel as invaders. Would you ask someone who invaded your home and took your stuff for help against another invader that took your stuff? See it through their eyes.

I have tried to see it through their eyes.

Did you know that Palestine asks the US for relief money every year? We usually give them something like 400 or 500 million dollars. We ask that the money be spent on medicine, food, etc.

Palestine refuses to show us how they're spending our dollars, and some have suggested that money is being spent on terrorism.

The nation of Palestine was a poor country filled with desert. When it became a shared land, the Isreali people came in and cultivated the land. They built structures, developed the Gaza strip, and irrigated the land. Then they gave some of the reconstructed land to the Palestine people who were poor.

The UN said to share. Now, if Palestine saw this as an invasion, they could appeal the decision by the UN. They could ask for military support. The government knows that they don't have much of an arguement. The government chooses instead to side with terrorism and harbor genocidal desires.

Many Palestinians have been quoted as wanting to see all Americans and Isrealis dead. They don't want their land, they want blood. That's a huge difference. In peace talks, people have presented compromises. Isreali gives up land, and the Palestinians are supposed to curb terrorism. Well, one side keeps complying, and the other hasn't.

Do you understand the spirit of compromise? How can I have sympathy for a nation that cries for the murder of civilians and genocide? I can't. I'm shocked that you can so easily look over such things. The end does not justify the means.