New TSL Interview

They'll keep trying to kill them...only to watch more come.

Since the Sith are completely distracted by this (and unable to perform any other sort of task with them since they are so eeevil), they will eventually starve to death.

Most of those ideas suck. Except replacing ewoks with wookies. Return of the Jedi is about a million times better than EP. 1. Most of that stuff is pathetic fanboy dreaming. Luke beats Vader? Disgusting. The Rebels decide to attack Coruscant? Why so they can be utterly annihilated by the Empire? Their a resistance force.

I really wish they went with the Wookiee idea instead of Ewoks.

Other than that, from a movie goer point of view, it's "just another Death Star". But think about it from a tactical point of view. You have the most destructive weapon available, why not build another one? It'd be like George Bush losing his nukes, but instead of building more nukes, he says "bah, that's been done. let's build something less powerful, but totally inovative".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm fond of the idea of replacing Ewoks&Endor with Wookies/Kashyyyk too. Also, if the empire would be using Kashyyyk as a "training-spot" for their Death Star, it would also give the wookies a reason to assist, unlike the Ewoks, Luke&Co. against the empire.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think it's pretty clear that GL realized he messed up with the whole Ewok/Wookie thing. After all, Wookies are in the house for Episode II, apparently a few Wookies that will make Chewbacca look like a baby!!

Or one could be cynical and say that having exhausted the possiblity of little and cuddly, George is exploring the marketing of big and cuddly.

• 2 weeks later...