New TSL Interview

As promised here is the first of 3 PMC interviews with Chris Avellone. Nothing really major, but it does shed new light on some aspects of the game.

PMC: One thing that made the KOTOR story so unique in terms of depth was that it incorporated many aspects of Star Wars EU. Exar Kun`s background and his war was explained. Nomi Sunrider was mentioned by Jolee Bindu. With this happening it really made KOTOR fell like it had a place in the SW universe rather then being a random SW game floating around with no links to other SW related material. Followers of SW really appreciated this. Will The SithLords be the same?

CA: Yeah, the history of both the Expanded Universe and (especially) the first KOTOR factor strongly into the storyline. While there is not nearly as much background material on the era in which The Sith Lords takes place, there`s still a lot of strong history to draw upon, and it`ll be showing up in the story at points as well as all the way down to certain items in the game (much like the Qel-Droma robes in KOTOR I, for example).

The full interview can be viewed here

Cool, little interview. I like the fact that it's going to be a dark game, with bad things happening to good people. I also like the fact that Chris says though the story itself might seem linear, your interactions with other NPCs won't be. And you have to figure out whose good and bad.

And I think I'll play through the whole first time with my hood on. :)

Cool, little interview. I like the fact that it's going to be a dark game, with bad things happening to good people. I also like the fact that Chris says though the story itself might seem linear, your interactions with other NPCs won't be. And you have to figure out whose good and bad.

And I think I'll play through the whole first time with my hood on. :)

Let me just try to put two and two together. We known for a while now that we can have up to 10 NPCs with us, but unlike KOTOR, there is more then 10 possible NPCs that can be with us. So in a way we can pick and chose who comes with us. I would guess that there is about 6-8 default NPCs that HAS to come with us, the others we get to chose.

With this new interview we also know that afterall we DONT know who the bad guys are. So when picking these NPCs, we could be getting a possible good guy or bad guy. I do like that option and does at a bit of replayablity to the game.

But as for the bad things happening to good people. I would get to excited over that. This same thing could be applied to the first KOTOR cause in that game, bad things did happen to good people. Nothing really new to me.

PMC: Will the "I have a bad feeling about this" line be said by a character in The Sith Lords? :p

CA: Within the first couple of levels. It`s one of the character`s special powers when danger is about to rear its ugly head - it`s a cue to save the game.

LMAO, sooooo true. :)

PMC: Will the "I have a bad feeling about this" line be said by a character in The Sith Lords? :p

CA: Within the first couple of levels. It`s one of the character`s special powers when danger is about to rear its ugly head - it`s a cue to save the game.

LMAO, sooooo true. ;)

At least it isn't "My force sense in tingling".

PMC: Will the "I have a bad feeling about this" line be said by a character in The Sith Lords? ;)

LMAO, sooooo true. ;)

At least it isn't "My force sense in tingling".

Hey, don't be dawgin' on Spideyman now. :(

Chris hinted that there will be much room for a sequel, interesting...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Wasn't the original idea to have a trilogy of games, modelling after the movie trilogies?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Wasn't the original idea to have a trilogy of games, modelling after the movie trilogies?

I interpreted KotOR as all three three Star Wars movies alltogether, it's been stated lately however, that KotOR II is to KotOR what ANH is to ESB.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

ANH = A New Hope

ESB = The Empire Strikes Back

Translated for everyone who is lazy out there :)

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I interpreted KotOR as all three three Star Wars movies alltogether, it's been stated lately however, that KotOR II is to KotOR what ANH is to ESB.

So does that mean we can look forward to Ewoks, or a similarly cheesey character in KOTOR3? :blink:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Interesting how Chris is saying not to expect a big surprise.

Yeah I really didn't look much into that answer. I mean come on can they even keep a secret? I could sware that in some past interview they said that the twist in TSL would be more shocking then the one in KOTOR, now they are saying don't expect any surprises. f*** that, there will be a twist in TSL no doubt. They are just trying to set us up to not believe that there will be a twist and when we find out that there is actually a twist, it would make it that more shocking.

I believe the story would be cool if there was a twist. Almost all SW movie had a twist.

Attack of the Clones -- Dooku being on the Darkside

Episode III -- Syfo Dyas will be revealed and the person who erased the files from the Jedi Archives will be revealed.

Empire Strikes Back -- Vader being Luke's father

Return of the Jedi -- Leia being Luke's sister