Swashbuckling

Should certain classes have the ability to dual wield a blaster pistol and Lightsaber/Vibrosword?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should certain classes have the ability to dual wield a blaster pistol and Lightsaber/Vibrosword?

• Hell yes!!!
    • Hell No!!!
    • Indifferent.

I like the idea of mixed dual wielding, no doubt. I can imagine some very stylish melee / blaster combo attack animations--a sweeping backhand slash / spin, quickly followed by a pointblank blaster shot through your enemy's defenses still tied up defending the melee blow, for example.

Unfortunately, I seem to remember one of the devs (Akari, I think) saying that mixed dual wielding wasn't going to happen though. Can't find the post at the moment, mind you, so I might be remembering wrong, but I doubt we'll see it implemented.

I like the idea of mixed dual wielding, no doubt. I can imagine some very stylish melee / blaster combo attack animations--a sweeping backhand slash / spin, quickly followed by a pointblank blaster shot through your enemy's defenses still tied up defending the melee blow, for example.

Unfortunately, I seem to remember one of the devs (Akari, I think) saying that mixed dual wielding wasn't going to happen though. Can't find the post at the moment, mind you, so I might be remembering wrong, but I doubt we'll see it implemented.

Yes, i remember it was scrapped because Akari said somthing in the lines of it would give the animators nightmares...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

• 4 weeks later...
I'm not saying all the classes should be allowed to, or even all the characters. I think that it could be a good addition to allow maybe the Guardian class, or even a certain party member to wield a melee and ranged weapon at the same time. ;)

Once again lay off the sugar. :lol:

Cheers!

If it is, it should be feat, not class, based. Also D20 forbids it I think. Not sure though. Besides, I can see it as INSANELY OVERPOWERED.

How in the world would it be overpowered, you would get less damage than if you had two lightsabers or melee weapons. :huh: