Another reason for a possible K2 release push up?

Maybe Lucas want's one game out for the holidays....

No Star Wars: Republic Commando until 2005

LucasArts confirms its prequel-inspired stealth action game won't arrive until next year.

Over the weekend, LucasArts quietly changed the release date for Star Wars: Republic Commando, its prequel-inspired stealth shooter for the PC and Xbox. On the game's official site, the official ship date slipped from "Fall 2004" to simply "Winter."

But while there's little doubt Republic Commando has been delayed, some questions lingered about how far the game has been pushed back. GameStop has it slated to ship on November 8, 2004, while EBgames.com lists a February 3, 2005, release date.

When contacted by GameSpot, LucasArts representatives confirmed the Republic Commando delay and gave a more specific time frame. "We're targeting early 2005," said the rep.

EDIT: not to mention the Feb 3 release date stated above would put in conflict with K2

And lord knows that Lucasarts won't be happy with SW:Battlefront and Mercenaries as only two Holiday options;

SW:Battlefront will only appeal to gamers with online capabilities, and traditionally, none of Lucasart's original IPs (well, since their graphic adventure days ended, anyway) have sold well...see the sales figures for Wrath: Unleashed and Gladius for just two examples.

and traditionally, none of Lucasart's original IPs (well, since their graphic adventure days ended, anyway) have sold well...see the sales figures for Wrath: Unleashed and Gladius for just two examples.

Which is too bad. Gladius had a really fun combat system.

You guys have to realize that George Lucas is setting up a massive campaign for Star Wars Episode 3 which hits theaters May 19, 2005.

Star Wars Episode III: The Videogame comes out Summer 2005. New season of Clone Wars cartoons on Cartoon Network comes out in March 2005. Plus more....

You guys also have to realize that Republic Commando deals with the Clone Wars and the Clone War ends at the at the beginning of EP3. Also it is said that the invasion of Kassyyyk which is an important key scene in the movie also takes place in Republic Commando. People will be playing a "piece" of the movie before it comes out.

Remember, LucasArts said that we are shooting for a "early 2005 release" so over at Theforce.net me and the rest of the staff over at TFN: Games came up with the conclusion that LA is trying to release RC around the same time as the movie. That way giving more hype to the movie. George Lucas is a master when it comes to things like this.

KOTOR 2/Battlefront has nothing to do with EP3 so they don't have to release around the time as the movie.

You guys have to realize that George Lucas is setting up a massive campaign for Star Wars Episode 3 which hits theaters May 19, 2005.

Its going to need a massive publicity campaign. After how horrible the first two were. I certainly wont be watching it. At least not in theaters. I think Ill download it for free illegally and watch it and laugh at Anakin trying to be Darth Vader. Then again it may not even be worth the time it will take to download it.

Its going to need a massive publicity campaign. After how horrible the first two were. I certainly wont be watching it. At least not in theaters. I think Ill download it for free illegally and watch it and laugh at Anakin trying to be Darth Vader. Then again it may not even be worth the time it will take to download it.

First off what do you mean by Anakin trying to be Vader? He is Vader....

I think you meant Hayden trying to be Vader.

Speaking of Anakin not portraying Vader well in EP3.....

Acronym Key:

GL = George Lucas (Director)

OS = Official Site (starwars.com)

RM = Rick McCallum (Producer)

NP = Natalie Portman (Actor)

HC = Hayden Christensen

RB = Roger Barton (Film Editor)

IM = Ian McDiarmid

C2 = Celebration II

BB = Ben Burtt (Sound Editor)

JEJ = James Earl Jones (Voice Actor)

JK = John Knoll (Visual Effects/ILM)

PE = Paul Ens (Official Site)

GB = Gavin Bocquet (Production Designer)

JE = Joel Edgerton (Actor)

PM = Peter Mayhew (Actor)

RC = Rob Coleman (Visual Effects/ILM Supervisor)

BS = Bruce Spence (Actor)

AD = Anthony Daniels (Actor)

TB = Trisha Biggar (Costume Designer)

SLJ = Samuel L. Jackson (Actor)

PH = Pablo Hidalgo (Official Site, Webcam)

RC = Ryan Church (Concept Artist)

DG = Dan Gregoire (Pre-Visualization Effects Supervisor)

DB = Don Bies (Droid Unit Supervisor)

NG = Nick Gillard (Stunt Coordinator/Swordmaster)

jtf_anakin_skywalker.jpg

"It

Speaking of Anakin, he fights Obi-Wan in EP3. Here is some info about the duel....

jtf_anakin_ben_duel.jpg

The classic saber of Ep4 Ben Kenobi will be among the sabers in use. - OS

The major focus is the breakdown in friendship between Obi-Wan and Anakin. - SW Insider

It won't be the special effects that make the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel so thrilling, it will be the betrayal. - RM

The lightsabers used by Obi-Wan and Anakin are ones we have seen before. - PH

The Anakin/Kenobi duel is a lengthy one and will span many sets and travel a lot of distance. - OS

One of the several settings for the duel with have red-gelled lights providing a glow to the set. - OS

The duel will be a fierce confrontation and will keep up the pace for a while. Some of the fighting will take place on an incline...and "Anakin is weak on a slope", as Nick Gillard pointed out in his webchat and meant it literally. - OS

Anakin and Obi-Wan's costumes will have discolorizations, cuts and burns from fighting and from their environment. - OS

Who is the aggressor and who is the defender will alternate during the duel. - OS

In one setting for the duel, Obi-Wan and Anakin will move over a large area but will careful of their footing. There will be "obstacles". - OS

At one point in the duel, Anakin and Obi-Wan will look off-screen at a distraction. Their eyes will be looking at different spots of this distraction itself. - OS

The duel will have a segment in a darkened room with a metallic surface with mechanical structures. And later the duel will move to isolated platforms. Anakin will circle his former master (Obi-Wan). -OS

During one point in the duel, either Anakin or Obi-Wan will swipe his lightsaber blade against an outcropping and sever it. -OS

The duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan is not a gentleman's duel. It will get nasty. -PH

During the duel there will be a segment when Anakin and Obi-Wan dangle from cables, swinging to and fro. The wires being used are supposed to be visible The Jedi will be wearing the "weathered and beaten" robes. -OS

At one point during the duel, debris will fall and one the characters will deflect it (likely with a lightsaber). -OS

Some of the words spoken during the duel "will cut as deeply as lightsabers". -OS

"The Epic duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan will be the longest lightsaber duel ever." - NG

"The duel involves some of the fastest dueling I have ever seen. It almost appears artificially sped-up. It's just that fast." - PH

There are parts of the duel when Anakin and Obi-Wan move even faster than the Maul/Obi-Wan duel in Ep1. -PH

Red-gel lighting provides atmosphere for the duel scenes. There are also flashes from strobe lights going off to signify an alert to some kind of hazard. -OS

Anakin and Obi-Wan will push their weapons into counter-tops and control panels and the FX Dept ignited squibs that burst to fill the frame and cover the actors with bright sparks and debris. -OS

The fight involves leaps and throws at an accelerated rate. -OS

Obi-Wan and Anakin have a moment where they collide with a control panel and land hard against a rough surface. The control panels and display screens have many unyielding protrusions. -OS

One huge wall has a very thick blast door rigged which is opened by chains. One character will open it using muscle power. - OS

Knowing what happens in Ep3 makes Paul see the classic trilogy in a new light. He specifically mentioned how he has a new understanding of the depth of friendship between Anakin and Obi-Wan. He now gets a lump in his throat when Vader strikes down Kenobi in Ep4. -PE

"The final fight sequence in this film should surpass any fight sequence that has been put on film so far. It

I was horribly disappointed with Episode 1.

Episode 2 was pretty decent.

Either way, I know I'm throwing money down to see Episode 3, and I imagine millions and millions of other people will too. Despite all the negative BS you hear, Episode 1 and 2 both made lots of money.

Episode 3 won't be any different.

I didn't care one way or another about Ep3 until reading all those notes, Tyrell. :) Not because Ep1 or Ep2 turned me off or anything - I'm just a casual fan of Star Wars in general. But after reading all those comments, I'm really looking forward to seeing Ep3 now! Thanks for posting them.

-Akari

I didn't care one way or another about Ep3 until reading all those notes, Tyrell. :) Not because Ep1 or Ep2 turned me off or anything - I'm just a casual fan of Star Wars in general. But after reading all those comments, I'm really looking forward to seeing Ep3 now! Thanks for posting them.

-Akari

No problem, the notes on other characters/sets and other plot points can be viewed at the TheForce.net's Just the Facts: Episode III section.

It would take you quite some time to read the whole thing, but after you are done, you'll know everything you'll need to know about EP3. Just a warning, there could be some minor spoilers located within while viewing.