Implants and Eyewear

One thing that bothered me about KOTOR was the fact that once you started putting on different sorts of head protection it obstructed the view of your face. I know once you started to progress to the different levels of Light and Dark side characters the face would change to reflect that. If you are wearing something, however, the changes aren't visible. I think there should be some way of making the upgrades a little less obvious so we can still see what our character looks like. One implant that comes to mind was the night vision goggles. Those things took up the entire face. What does everyone else think about this?

I guess I was kinda leaning more toward the items that affected gameplay but also appeared on the character. Like I said, the goggles looked just plain silly as they were the size of your entire head. If the item was purely cosmetic, such as the masks, then I wouldn't mind it as much.

I agree completely that the headgear in KOTOR was often terriblly bulky and silly-looking. I'd like to see much more subtle stuff in KOTOR 2; contact lenses, inauspicious headsets, subtle eyepieces, earpieces that fit inside the ear, and so on.

Headgear which looks like starship engines sticking out of someone's head is just plain distracting. It should be an aesthetic choice, if at all.

I liked the way the headgear was done in KotOR. It was a shame they didn't get it working on the wookie model though. Not to show headgear would be a definiate step backwards.

A bioimplant is internal so you wouldn't expect it to show up on the character model.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

So true... Aural amplifier style (two blue thingies) and that red visor were the only headgear i could use. The rest of them were just too ugly.

Am I the only person who thought the Genohardan Visor and the Bothan Goggles were cool? In fact.....all the the Genohardan gear was cool. :)

just close your eyes while doing it... you know, "trust the force" and all that ...

LOL! That's pretty much what I did. I played pure LS except for two exceptions.

I killed Bendak, and I did the Geohardan quests. Bendak was a killer, and the Geohardan quests involved going after scum-bags. I closed my eyes and reminded myself the galaxy was a better place for it.

i can see why i got DS points for the G quests-

but why did i get some for bendak? i mean it was HIM challenging me to a duel to death, actually.

as an alternative, i might have as well just manipulated the arena controls back to "stun level" and then talk to him in sickbay once he wakes up. he'd leave his armor and just go into hiding. everyone happy.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.