Jedi vs. Sith

who would win if a true jedi fought a true sith  

68 members have voted

1. 1. who would win if a true jedi fought a true sith

• sith
    • jedi

who would win if a true jedi who wholeheartedlly believed in the Jedi code of hte force fought a Sith who believed in their code? i kno its off topic but not really given that in kotor2 ur gonna fight sith lords, plus it always seems to end in stalemates in a way in the movies, each side does somethin to the other because the other did somethin to them

In movies good always triumphs over evil. Sucks, don't it? But then again, in movies you have "absolute good" and "absolute evil", one of those little annoying stereotypes that we saw in KOTOR, and probably in KOTOR 2.

In "reality" (this is Star Wars universe speakin'), it would depend on many factors. How many Jedi/Sith? Where is the battle taking place? How long have they trained? Ambush? Previous battle experience? Stamina? Intelligence - How often do they feint out? Why are they fighting - there's no power greater than a good cause?

Take a look at the law of physics. Two forces excerting the equal ammount of force (haha! bad joke!) leads into utter neutrality. Neither side moves, both is in balance and harmony with one another, even as they push against each other. When one is out of balance, another force comes along to bring balance back. (Consider the OT and the NT. The whole new theme of Star Wars is that the jedi have too much power and someone comes along to whack 'em into place.)

So really, it just depends on your opinion and personal bias.

(Are we talking red shirts from Kirk's days or the new "Captain/Commander" Red Shirts?)

Fnord.

In movies good always triumphs over evil. Sucks, don't it? But then again, in movies you have "absolute good" and "absolute evil", one of those little annoying stereotypes that we saw in KOTOR, and probably in KOTOR 2.

In "reality" (this is Star Wars universe speakin'), it would depend on many factors. How many Jedi/Sith? Where is the battle taking place? How long have they trained? Ambush? Previous battle experience? Stamina? Intelligence - How often do they feint out? Why are they fighting - there's no power greater than a good cause?

Take a look at the law of physics. Two forces excerting the equal ammount of force (haha! bad joke!) leads into utter neutrality. Neither side moves, both is in balance and harmony with one another, even as they push against each other. When one is out of balance, another force comes along to bring balance back. (Consider the OT and the NT. The whole new theme of Star Wars is that the jedi have too much power and someone comes along to whack 'em into place.)

So really, it just depends on your opinion and personal bias.

(Are we talking red shirts from Kirk's days or the new "Captain/Commander" Red Shirts?)

In the original Star Wars movies there is the concept of a mystical force field.

Fights between good and evil don't seem to be as calcuable as for example in Pokemon.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Yes, but Pokemon is a more straightforeward attempt to exploit american capitalism. Cards, books, toys, movies...Happy meals, angry meals, constipation meals, Burger King Things, etc. It's like the difference between American Yu-Gi-Oh and Japaneese Yu-Gi-Oh which, apparently, has next to nothing to do with cards.

Capitalism can be an evil or good all by itself. Analyzing is the key.

Fnord.

Take a look at the law of physics. Two forces excerting the equal ammount of force (haha! bad joke!) leads into utter neutrality. Neither side moves, both is in balance and harmony with one another, even as they push against each other. When one is out of balance, another force comes along to bring balance back.

The reason why WE exist is because of some imbalance in the universe. Mismatch of matter and antimatter, for example. And our planet Earth is very different from the average place in the universe. ALso a living being represents such an imbalance. It's essential for everything we're seeing in the real world. Maybe in Star Wars it's the same?

(But it's a pity that in a far far future even protons will break apart... and perfect balance rules the world...)

While we only know about very few planets in the universe, currently...I suppose you must be right. After all, the universe is a huge place.

Earth is in a small band of the "habitable zone", a zone where it's not too hot, not too cold, but juuuuuust right. We are in balance for the time being. When something shifts out of balance, like, for example, Uranus or Neptune (I forget which one switches around, I believe it is the former), and slowly drifts away, we'll slowly freeze.

However, we can alter our own balance, and probably will in the future.

Everything is connected. We're not a mistake, but we're not intended. We just are.

There is an equation, I forget what it's called, but it's an equation to find a number of habitable places in the MWG. The number when you plug everything in is shockingly high.

You answer? We might be alone, we might not. But one thing is for certain: in this large freaky universe there's porbably at least another lifeform on another planet out there. It may be like the little "stick-bacteria-thingies" we found on Mars (Mars Rock ALH 84001 had a fossil with a little...thing...inside of it.), or it could be something radically different.

Earth is a perfect balance of the relatively small gravity field. Sorry. Microgravity is fun, yes, but it might not be fun when something is so far gone that it takes us with it.

We should attempt to get back on topic before this is moved to way off topic, no?

Fnord.

While we only know about very few planets in the universe, currently...I suppose you must be right. After all, the universe is a huge place.

Earth is in a small band of the "habitable zone", a zone where it's not too hot, not too cold, but juuuuuust right. We are in balance for the time being. When something shifts out of balance, like, for example, Uranus or Neptune (I forget which one switches around, I believe it is the former), and slowly drifts away, we'll slowly freeze.

However, we can alter our own balance, and probably will in the future.

Everything is connected. We're not a mistake, but we're not intended. We just are.

There is an equation, I forget what it's called, but it's an equation to find a number of habitable places in the MWG. The number when you plug everything in is shockingly high.

You answer? We might be alone, we might not. But one thing is for certain: in this large freaky universe there's porbably at least another lifeform on another planet out there. It may be like the little "stick-bacteria-thingies" we found on Mars (Mars Rock ALH 84001 had a fossil with a little...thing...inside of it.), or it could be something radically different.

Earth is a perfect balance of the relatively small gravity field. Sorry. Microgravity is fun, yes, but it might not be fun when something is so far gone that it takes us with it.

We should attempt to get back on topic before this is moved to way off topic, no?

I hope it became clear, my understandig of balance is purely physical not esoteric. (A good example of disequilibrium is a thermal energy source. Energy flows form hot to cold because the system is out of equilibrium. You may be astonished, but even stars aren't in balance since the vastness of the universe is cold and waste)

I agree with many others. I do believe a true Jedi can beat a sith.

The world is in a balance of good and evil. Good cannot exist without evil, and vice versa. I hav posted this in another thread, but i will say it here. Good can never totally destroy evil, and vice versa, simply because they need one another to survive, no mater how much they deny it.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

I agree with many others. I do believe a true Jedi can beat a sith.

The world is in a balance of good and evil. Good cannot exist without evil, and vice versa. I hav posted this in another thread, but i will say it here. Good can never totally destroy evil, and vice versa, simply because they need one another to survive, no mater how much they deny it.

Interesting opinion. But I think THE evil and THE good don't exist. It's a product of our mind. Unlike Star Wars fantasy, there we have the two sides of the Force.

Neither will ever win. There will always be someone who will despise you, no matter what "side" you choose.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

even if the jedi is killed in battle he ultimately wins. when he becomes one with the force he is truly more powerful than any sith can imagine because he is the force and the force is him. if the jedi struck down the sith he would cease to exist

(when i say he i meant the sith in my last sentence)

Edited by starwarskid15_19

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

The Jedi are about wisdom. The Sith are about power.

The Jedi are about ideals. The Sith are about tangibles.

The Jedi would ultimately win in a battle of ideas.

The Sith would ultimately win in battle of politics.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

i think he meant lightsaber battle

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

"i think he meant lightsaber battle"

That's a one shot event. Small sample size. Not statistically significant. Flukes happen. Therefore it's a crapshoot.

However...if enough single duels were to occur...say....500+, more jedi would die than sith.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Heh, too true ;)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In a fight? Probably a true Sith, because we'd be talking about the perfect most ruthless warrior, versus the perfect peaceful philospher. Yeah, this nice philospher dude would be incredibly skilled with his saber, but the Jedi ideal is much less combat focused than the Sith ideal, so an ideal Sith would win in straight up combat.

However, the Sith are prone to tearing themselves apart. This is why the Sith, as a whole, always lose.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

If we're talking about in relation to the movies, books, comics, and other such stuff, the Jedi win. The Jedi always win in the end...for the same reason the black-hatted Cowboy never beats the white-hatted one in 1950's Westerns, and Snidley Whiplash will never beat Dudley Do-right.

If we're removing the context of movies and such: the Jedi honor peace, contemplation, and wisdom; the Sith honor violence, power, and destruction. Thus, in a lightsaber battle, the Sith have the edge because their entire code is devoted towards destroying and conquering, whereas the Jedi only fight reluctantly....if they're true Jedi.

So my money is on the Sith.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?