alien sith

y?

the only alien sith was the twilek on korriban. are there going to be just human sith in kotor2 as well? i'd think that the sith aren't too choosy if the person proves to be strong and up to it.

more alien sith would be nice.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

The Sith displayed anti-alien tendencies, much like their counterpart in the Empire thousands of years later.

Yeah the Sith are very anti alien...they keep them as slaves or kill them. The Sith are the nazis of the Star Wars universe

Huh? I haven't seen much to support this. Though mabey I just haven't read enough EU. Darth Maul was an alien, the original sith beings were aliens, yuthura was an alien, they used alien technology on countless ocassions, they worked with aliens, they had alien spies too if I recall, not to mention didn't mind hiring alien bounty hunters such as trandosians. I don't think they were anti alien, but mabey I'm wrong

The Sith displayed anti-alien tendencies, much like their counterpart in the Empire thousands of years later.

I hardly consider the words of a SINGLE officer (who has a mind of his own and clearly has issues) as an indicator that the entire Sith/Galactic Empire "hate aliens."

I hardly consider the words of a SINGLE officer (who has a mind of his own and clearly has issues) as an indicator that the entire Sith/Galactic Empire "hate aliens."

I can't speak for Sith, but it's a known fact (not sure from EU, or movies) that the Emperor hated aliens. If that was a trait common to all Dark Lords of the Sith, then I can see why there aren't any sith aliens.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Huh? I haven't seen much to support this. Though mabey I just haven't read enough EU. Darth Maul was an alien, the original sith beings were aliens, yuthura was an alien, they used alien technology on countless ocassions, they worked with aliens, they had alien spies too if I recall, not to mention didn't mind hiring alien bounty hunters such as trandosians. I don't think they were anti alien, but mabey I'm wrong

The whole "the Emperor hates aliens" idea is a fabrication of the fan base, and not the official word from Lucasfilm themselves. The prequels alone should be enough of an indication, but many will try to argue it no matter what.

Basically, in Ep. 4, a single Imperial officer calls Chewbacca a "thing," and in KOTOR a Sith officer (who was clearly tempermental) killed a Duros for standing up to the officer. The fan base seems to assume that because of these two characters, and because the Sith/Imperial officers are frequently depicted as humans, the Sith/Galactic Empire is "anti-alien."

The whole "the Emperor hates aliens" idea is a fabrication of the fan base, and not the official word from Lucasfilm themselves. The prequels alone should be enough of an indication, but many will try to argue it no matter what.

The fact that, in the whole of the OT, we scarcely (if ever) see an Alien fighting for the Empire kinda lends support to it, though.

But then, it would make Darth Maul as Palpatine's apprentice rather unusual....

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

It might also be the insanely obvious influence of Nazism on the OT Empire. The clothing they wear for example. And their behavior. Including the one soldiers comments on Chewie. And the fact every single one is a white human male. (This one might have been more a function of the times the movie was created though) I dont think its so much a function of the Sith as a whole though. It may have just been that Palpatine was a racist but not all Sith are. Or perhaps its simply that racist, bigoted, sexist, etc. sort of people are exactly the kind of people likely to want to become a member of a group like the Empire.

Imperials were all British actors. Vader was also played by a Brit, David Prowse. After the fact he was voiced over by James Earl Jones though (thankfully). Lucas said he wanted the feel of the rebels being Americans breaking free of British rule.

Lucas also said that the Empire practiced slavery of aliens. That's cannon. It's in the original trilogy of novels. The original intent of Return of the Jedi was to feature a Wookie slave revolt, which became the Ewoks.

The only of the movies to separate the British and American accents between the Empire and Rebellion was ESB, on the recommendation of the director Irvin Kershner, who wanted to make an appearance of two different sides by the accents they had or something to that effect. Both Ep4 and Ep6 had multi accented characters in both sides.

While I have heard the whole Emperor hates aliens thing before it has always been in relation to the EU, but I have not read the OT novelizations so I have no clue if it is explained there or not.

I think it would be great to see some saber wielding Siths that are aliens...Siths the counterparts for Jedi not the Imperial-like Sith Empire that is in KotOR. But then again I'd like it even more if I could see some actual alien Jedi. Where are all the prequel species, I want to see some Kel Dor like Plo Koon getting medieval on some Sith Acolytes, Zabraks and demon headed Iktotchi. I don't like only tentacle headed Twi'leks or OT species making appearances in the entire game.

The fact that the Sith appear to be anti-alien is strange to me. Considering that the original Sith species were alien.

Maybe that has something to do with it. After the original Jedi that left the Order and came to Korriban took over the Sith race and set themselves up as Lords over them, they possibly wanted to keep all non-human races down. Which is maybe why they actually tried to breed the original Sith out.

The only of the movies to separate the British and American accents between the Empire and Rebellion was ESB, on the recommendation of the director Irvin Kershner, who wanted to make an appearance of two different sides by the accents they had or something to that effect. Both Ep4 and Ep6 had multi accented characters in both sides.

While I have heard the whole Emperor hates aliens thing before it has always been in relation to the EU, but I have not read the OT novelizations so I have no clue if it is explained there or not.

I think it would be great to see some saber wielding Siths that are aliens...Siths the counterparts for Jedi not the Imperial-like Sith Empire that is in KotOR. But then again I'd like it even more if I could see some actual alien Jedi. Where are all the prequel species, I want to see some Kel Dor like Plo Koon getting medieval on some Sith Acolytes, Zabraks and demon headed Iktotchi. I don't like only tentacle headed Twi'leks or OT species making appearances in the entire game.

I'm sorry but you're mistaken. Plenty of Star Wars documentaries touch on Lucas at the time on ANH going for the British feel of the Empire. Name one non-British actor amongst them. The British comedian Eddie Izard even has a bit about it.

David Prowse also bitched for years because he didn't know he was going to be voiced over in a ANH. He was cast because of his British accent, which was too thick coming through the mask. The voice over was a post-production decision that Prowse didn't know about until he saw the film in the theatre.

Even worse, the death scene in Jedi was filmed with a different actor so Prowse wouldn't know about it. Despite being the "body" of Vader in all three films, he didn't get a script in the shooting of Jedi, and he didn't get to be the face under the mask. Lucas didn't trust the actor with the secret of Vader dying.

The fact that the Sith appear to be anti-alien is strange to me. Considering that the original Sith species were alien.

Maybe that has something to do with it. After the original Jedi that left the Order and came to Korriban took over the Sith race and set themselves up as Lords over them, they possibly wanted to keep all non-human races down. Which is maybe why they actually tried to breed the original Sith out.

The Dark Side may simply serve to amplify negative emotions, such as racial intolerance. Hence human Sith lords would be intolerant to non-humans. The original Sith would have dispised all non-Sith, including humans.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

The Dark Side may simply serve to amplify negative emotions, such as racial intolerance. Hence human Sith lords would be intolerant to non-humans. The original Sith would have dispised all non-Sith, including humans.

you're right.

fardragon has got a point there- if the DS amplifies hate, the natural tendency of humans to dislike those they don't know might turn into racial hatred.

there have been enough alien sith in the EU to support the thesis that sith are not racist. sith just hate non-sith, no matter what culture they are from.

besides, the empire was NOT sith

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

Maybe that has something to do with it.  After the original Jedi that left the Order and came to Korriban took over the Sith race and set themselves up as Lords over them, they possibly wanted to keep all non-human races down.  Which is maybe why they actually tried to breed the original Sith out.

It doesn't so much amplify it as Darksiders tend to be more "uninhibited" with these negative emotions.

The Sith ideology gives its followers a sense of self-importance. On the one hand they are assertive of independence, they tend to be uninhibited when it comes to negative emotions, which is why the Sith tend to appear as "evil." The younger Sith, with any possible number of psychological issues, tend to become hooligans. :rolleyes:

As said there are many diferences of the Galatic Empire and the Sith, Palpatine used anti-alien sentiments to push the Empire, lets not forget the Confederacy of the Clone Wars is only composed by alien races and that is no accident, many of the worlds in the Republic were conolized by humans.

Also this is the greasted evidence, Darth Bane (that reformed the Sith and created the rule-of-two) was a alien.

drakron.png

I'm sorry but you're mistaken. Plenty of Star Wars documentaries touch on Lucas at the time on ANH going for the British feel of the Empire. Name one non-British actor amongst them. The British comedian Eddie Izard even has a bit about it.

David Prowse also bitched for years because he didn't know he was going to be voiced over in a ANH. He was cast because of his British accent, which was too thick coming through the mask. The voice over was a post-production decision that Prowse didn't know about until he saw the film in the theatre.

Even worse, the death scene in Jedi was filmed with a different actor so Prowse wouldn't know about it. Despite being the "body" of Vader in all three films, he didn't get a script in the shooting of Jedi, and he didn't get to be the face under the mask. Lucas didn't trust the actor with the secret of Vader dying.

There were plenty of non-americans in the Rebellion, Dennis Lawson who plays Wedge is Scottish (And Ewan McGregor's uncle for those that don't know), the guy that played Biggs had a british accent, of course Sir Alec Guiness who played Obi-Wan, Caroline Blakiston who plays Mon Mothma is british, Dermot Crowley who played Crix Madine is irish, among others. As for the Empire, several of secondary Imperial characters had amercian accents in Ep4 and Ep6. For example the guy Vader chokes in the meeting with Tarkin that's one as you requested, the guy Han Solo blasts after they steal the Stormtrooper outfits who thinks they have a down transmitter, the guy in charge of the prison level didn't sound like he had a british accent, in Ep6 the Death Star shield operator and the shuttle pilot in the beginning didn't have british accents, at least one of the Imperial officers in the control bunker in Endor that captures Han and the Rebel Strike team also...those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Eddie Izzard did make a very funny joke about the subject of Imperials being British, course he mentioned ESB which is the one I said the director divided the accents between the british and americans (I also saw this in a documentary though it was so long ago I couldn't be able to tell you which one), then again he also said the Death Star was full of british actors when he referrenced ESB which as you know did not have a Death Star.

As for David Prowse well somehow I cant see Vader with any other voice than James', but if in fact he was so ticked off about being dubbed over I'm sure he wouldn't have then continued to be the body in the suit for the other movies, I'm sure anyone could have filled the suit in his stead had there been a problem, also I read David was hoping to wear the costume again in Ep3 so I can't see him having hard feelings about the voice over. Regardless, if he was disappointed all I can say is that I'm sympathetic, but there really is nothing I can say.