new theory

ok this theory may be stupid cause i have been flammed already for suggesting it but o well might as well post here and see what yall say. Ok ive been reading up on the new planet that was reveled,Dxun, and there is a temple located there and within it resides the spirit of a dark lord named Freedon Nadd. I was looking at new pics of the game and there appeared concept art for a temple located on dxun coincidence hmmm maybe. another thing is on the demo at e3 when u go to telos there is a temple there to with sith trying to do some ritual. so my theory is that maybe the sith are going around the galaxy and trying to somehow revive the ancient sith lords by finding their temples and doing some kind of ritual,hence the name sith lords, and u must stop them by going to these planets and stoping them i know i know it sounds alot like the first one with u looking for star maps but hey u never know im just kinda guessing. so please post with your opinions but please try and not be mean iam very emotional :p

CTM,

Your theory is fine.

If you want positive feedback in your posts, I highly recommend the use of paragraph breaks and punctuation. Otherwise people won't pay attention to what you're saying and they will flame you out of hand.

We know there will be multiple villians. I am guessing that we will have four or so main worlds with a Sith Lord on each, much like we had with the Star Forges. I also suspect you can do these in any order again.

If your theory is correct, Yavin IV may be the place to end the game. Imagine a final showdown with Exar Kun's force ghost.

o yeah i kinda forgot about jedi academy but maybe they will try to revive more than one but that might not work out since the dark lords are pretty power hungry and would war with each other,but hey u never know maybe they learnt their lesson and agreed to share power as like a council of sith and try to rule over all but still it probably wouldnt work

Korriban and Taris were my favorite worlds. I hope to see more worlds like them.

Korriban would have been even better if it was larger. For instance, the non-Sith spaceport portion should have been about the size of Anchorhead on Tatooine. A Taris-sized world would have been nice for either Korriban, or the Unknown World.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Not to flame your theory, but ermm... I'd really hate that story, unless they added some REALLY awesome meat to that bone structure. I'd prefer they did something extending Malak/Revan stuff, as rodian semi-suggested, but mostly being a fresh story like the first one was. I've given up on trying to make the star wars world make sense in an intriguing way, and I'm quite frankly more interested in a personal-level story than I am a raw historical background story. Going through tolkien's "EU" stuff was interesting for a while, but I would die of boredom if the same thing were done for star wars. Names, places, actions - they don't make a difference by themselves, for me. Interesting, sure - but with no explanation, no attitude or spirit to it, it's just horrible.

Iam starting to see the flaws in my theory now and i really wouldnt wanna play that story either unless like you said nightcleaver "added some REALLY awesome meat to that bone structure"

Blah; it's for some people, just not me. It's not a flaw unless you don't like the idea, so for me it's a flaw :unsure: For you, it might be a pro. But I'm not any sort of data-entry type person, as I'd put it. I hate tedium; I didn't really like, as a plot, the whole starmap thing as an idea, but it was well enough done. Everything you did to get the starmaps was different enough in each case, and each planet had a story; if they did it like that, with good character's, it would be fine.

Frankly, it's just how the idea sounds on paper; I don't know how it would turn out in implementation, and I doubt anyone here would be able to show that positive implementation :)

In other words, when people criticize you, don't assume they're right just to appease them or figure out how you're stupid. Try to find out where they're coming from, sure (though many don't do that), but if you don't see where they're coming from don't bother, but don't inflame the situation.

Blah. I'm sure people will roll their eyes when they see this bit of wisdom, especially coming from me :) but it doesn't really matter in the end.

wow nightcleaver you kinda sounded like jolee for a second there :unsure: . im kinda new to this whole message board thing i mean i read them all the time but im just now starting to post so i guess i have alot to learn

ok this theory may be stupid cause i have been flammed already for suggesting it but o well might as well post here and see what yall say. Ok ive been reading up on the new planet that was reveled,Dxun, and there is a temple located there and within it resides the spirit of a dark lord named Freedon Nadd. I was looking at new pics of the game and there appeared concept art for a temple located on dxun coincidence hmmm maybe. another thing is on the demo at e3 when u go to telos there is a temple there to with sith trying to do some ritual. so my theory is that maybe the sith are going around the galaxy and trying to somehow revive the ancient sith lords by finding their temples and doing some kind of ritual,hence the name sith lords, and u must stop them by going to these planets and stoping them i know i know it sounds alot like the first one with u looking for star maps but hey u never know im just kinda guessing. so please post with your opinions but please try and not be mean iam very emotional :unsure:

If properly executed, that wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

i'm pretty sure that the story's gonna be about the 'unknown' that revan and malak led the republic fleet into, and the sith lords will probably be the reason that revan and malak went to the dark side...of course i could be wrong

What unknown????? Are you referring to them taking the fleet into unknown space? <_< (Sigh) That was them going to find the Star Forge after learning it's location from the maps.

As for the original post Id like to see something like that. Reincarnating dead Sith would be pretty dumb (in my personal opinion) but reviving the lost knowledge of Sith alchemy and such would be awesome. Start facing the beasts of Naga Sadow and Sith Lords with force amulets. Scary. (Shudders)

I'd HATE it if they used the resurrecting Sith Lords thing because that'd be too much like Jedi Academy for starters, and in Jedi Academy I thought it was pretty lame anyway. Now if a Dark Jedi unearthed something in a Sith Tomb that would bring him/her great power and went on a trail for it and gained a great understanding of the force, or something to that effect, that *could* be interesting. At the end of the day, its going to be when Obsidian make ends meet that'll make the story. I personally love stories that are a complete mystery, but all come into place at the end.