Voiceover Talent

Seeing as KOTOR was the only Lucasarts title I've ever played that utilizes VO, I was wondering if anyone knows how Lucasart's track record is on voiceovers. Do they have a regular "cast?" I recognized Jennifer Hale, Kevin Michael Richardson, and Jason Marsden from work in PS:T, BG, and Fallout 2 respectively, but those are the only voices I really recognized...besides Ed Asner.

I'd like to see Lucasarts bring in Rob Paulsen (Morte/The Animanics) to do a character, and maybe Maurice LaMarche- imagine The Brain as a Sith Lord!

Maybe Jim Cummings too- he did Minsc and most of the voices for the Winnie the Pooh cartoons- he's a real talented VO actor.

Just as long as we don't hear Raphael Sbarge's whiny Carth at all during the game (except maybe for a death scream) I'll be happy though.

I wouldn't mind the guy who always voices Garrett in the Thief-series doing the male lead role in KotOR 2. He's a really great voice actor who can make the dumbest dialogue seem believable. I have no idea what his name is though and he might be too "attached" (well known as?) to the Garrett character to be a wise choice in any other game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I can't help but smile at the thought of evil Prof Edison (Day of the Tentacle) or Murray the Demonic Skull (MI3) playing maniacal Sith Lords. Granted, they'd be more a silly, cartoonish kind of evil than anything... but still :D

In any case, I can't really comment on whether LucasArts tends to bring back an ensemble of VAs for their games, but they've always managed to make entertaining casting choices for their old graphic adventures, if nothing else. Not really choices I'd tend to take seriously, but entertaining in a comedic, graphic adventure setting :unsure:

I wouldn't mind the guy who always voices Garrett in the Thief-series doing the male lead role in KotOR 2. He's a really great voice actor who can make the dumbest dialogue seem believable. I have no idea what his name is though and he might be too "attached" (well known as?) to the Garrett character to be a wise choice in any other game.

Well, they said they weren't going to do VO for the main character (the PC) at all anyway. I'm sure being attached wouldn't matter TOO much, as we don't actually see him - unless he's bad at changing his own vocal qualities.

Seeing as KOTOR was the only Lucasarts title I've ever played that utilizes VO, I was wondering if anyone knows how Lucasart's track record is on voiceovers. Do they have a regular "cast?" I recognized Jennifer Hale, Kevin Michael Richardson, and Jason Marsden from work in PS:T, BG, and Fallout 2 respectively, but those are the only voices I really recognized...besides Ed Asner.

I'd like to see Lucasarts bring in Rob Paulsen (Morte/The Animanics) to do a character, and maybe Maurice LaMarche- imagine The Brain as a Sith Lord!

Maybe Jim Cummings too- he did Minsc and most of the voices for the Winnie the Pooh cartoons- he's a real talented VO actor.

Just as long as we don't hear Raphael Sbarge's whiny Carth at all during the game (except maybe for a death scream) I'll be happy though.

My guess is that they don't have any 'in-house' voiceovers(like Bioware), but they hire proffessional ones whenever needed, they gave a big enough budget for that.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, I just checked the Internet Movie Database (which has an amazing amount of videogame information, surprisingly) and it seems that Lucasarts hires the same actors again and again for most of their titles (and there's quite a bit of overlap with some BIS titles)- here's a few names that have played major roles in multiple Lucasarts games- I imagine we will see these folks in one form or another in KOTOR 2.

Jennifer Hale (FFG, Dynaheir, Mazzy, Bastila)

Jeff Bennett (Kyle Katarn, Xan, Saemon Haveran)

Jason Marsden (Myron, Brejik Rosh Penin from JK:JA)

Kevin Michael Richardson (Saverok, Jolee)

Grey DeLisle (Viconia, Senator Amidala)

Cam Clarke (Drizzt, Solidus Snake, Calo Nord)

Kris Tabori (HK-47, Usus from Gladius)

Raphael Sbarge (Carth Onasi, Terry Malloy from Grim Fandango)

And of course- what RPG would be complete without a B list celebrity lending their vocal talents. In KOTOR, we had Ed Asner, so may I suggest Dwight Schultz for KOTOR's token minor celeb with a minor role and prominent billing? Hey, Murdoch has already done it for Arcanum, he might as well show up here.

Or if we're being serious, maybe we can get David Warner in for a voice? Please?

I'd like to see Kiefer Sutherland do a voice. He kicks ass. Maybe a rogue type with a bad attitude.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

...two words:

Bruce Campbell

:unsure:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Well, as much as I love Bruce Campbell, he'd only be fit for a working class hero with cool one-liners, really, and as much as I feel a betrayer to cult and camp by saying it, I'd rather see Ron Perlman for that kind of character, because Hellboy was the only working class hero I've ever liked better than Ash.

Didn't Bruce Campbell work on something as the lead in the last couple of years?

I'd be interested in seeing Michael Bell (Raziel in LoK games, Haer'dalis, Grandpa and Chaz and misc in Rugrats, Transformers, GI Joe, Voltron, Medihv in WC3 ... well, just look at his rap sheet at IMDB) do something here, I thought he would have made a good Jedi Master over Ed Asner anyway.

Grey Delisle is pretty good I think, she played Nalia and Viconia in BGII which I was surprised at.

David Warner! and whoever did that voice set in BGII which Anishai (in Mae'var's Guild house) uses :unsure:

Oooooh, someone else who knows Michael Bell! I've been a big fan of his since the old days! He also played the lead "bad guy" in the pilot episode(s) of ST:TNG.

Another good voice talent is Peter Cullen, who often worked with Michael Bell. He was the voice of Optimus Prime, for easy recognition.

So far...I haven't seen any voices here to argue with...I love every single one mentioned...

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

sickboy Solidus Snake is played by John Cygan who also plays canderous.

Good point... I got a little confused there...Cam Clarke played Liquid Snake.. I always get him and John Cygan confused.

On the subject of the various Snakes...maybe someone can get David Hayter away from the Watchmen movie long enough for a little VO work on KOTOR2.

Grey Delisle is pretty good I think, she played Nalia and Viconia in BGII which I was surprised at.

Incidentally, if anyone cares Grey Delisle is an accomplished folk singer who has been the recipient of numerous awards and honors from various organizations including a few Country Music awards.

And she's quite pretty too, if you go for dark haired pale women.

Check out her website:

http://www.greydelisle.com

Her site also mentions that she'll be doing VO work for the entire months of July and August...here's hoping it's KOTOR2.

Didn't Bruce Campbell work on something as the lead in the last couple of years?

I'd be interested in seeing Michael Bell (Raziel in LoK games, Haer'dalis, Grandpa and Chaz and misc in Rugrats, Transformers, GI Joe, Voltron, Medihv in WC3 ... well, just look at his rap sheet at IMDB) do something here, I thought he would have made a good Jedi Master over Ed Asner anyway.

David Warner! and whoever did that voice set in BGII which Anishai (in Mae'var's Guild house) uses :(

Are you referring to Bubba Ho-Tep, where he played Elvis? I'm not sure when that came out, so...

Come to think of it, I only remember Bell as Medivh, but from that performance I can pretty much deduct he'd be perfect for a Jedi Master. I always though Haer'dalis was annoying, but I don't quite remember his voice, and I don't think it was that.

And David Warner is awesome. He's the reason I love Irenicus so much, even if he was borderline Johnny Quest.

I'd like to see Kiefer Sutherland do a voice. He kicks ass. Maybe a rogue type with a bad attitude.

He does have a good voice.

I cannot think of any other voice that would have worked for "Phone Booth."

He even makes the Ford commercials seem cool :lol:

He could even do one of the Sith Lords IMO.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

He could even do one of the Sith Lords IMO.

As long as he's a major player in the game. Either the end boss guy or a Sith that can join you.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'd love to hear Michael Ironside voice one of the Sithlords. Now that's one mean voice!

Another actor with a great voice is Alan Rickman, but I assume he would be a wee bit expensive to hire..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'd love to hear Michael Ironside voice one of the Sithlords. Now that's one mean voice!

Another actor with a great voice is Alan Rickman, but I assume he would be a wee bit expensive to hire..

Tony Jay is another one I should bring up. Simply because no one else has.

Devastatorsig.jpg