The screenshots tell a different story.

Recently, I have been looking at the screenshots and noticed alot of things about the combat system that seem different.

Forinstance, I have seen alot of screens that show guys fighting with hand to hand combat, perhaps Obsidian may take this to the next level and make it better and more useful.

Second, I have noticed that there seem to be alot of different stances for melee and lightsaber wielders, it seems as though you may be able to pick your stance which may mean you will be able to pick a specific "style" of fighting. In alot of pics there seems to be a different stance in each one.

to see what I mean check out the KotOR II screens here.

Pay specific attention to screens 16,17, and 18.

If I am right then it seems they maybe doing alot more to the combat system than they are letting on.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

To me, it looks like there's only one guy fighting with his fists - Atton Rand. The costume and everything looks like THAT guy in every pic (from what I notice) there.

I doubt stances are in, but we'll have to see.

ADD:

Sneak attack looks cool. (or whatever attack the character is using when the character he's fighting is paralyzed) Also, the dual-wield deflect animation looks totally awesome and realistic.

EDIT: anyone notice how the stupid numbers weren't flying around in combat? Here's hoping that's not just for a spiffy press vid. I still think the kicks are sort of lame - seeing as how one paralyzed a person, I suspect we'll still have the "99 damage kick" phenomena, that zaps you like a lightsaber.

Nah

It still seems the same to me with a few new animations.

Check these vids out...

http://www.xblgamers.com/E3/KotOR2/

Thanks for the links. Good to see some improvements in the animation department come to life.

In the second vid, appearing in the upper right corner for a brief of time, is that one of the 'dark force pockets' that the previewers have talked about?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ahh, but here's something I've noticed(I hate making new topics):

look closely at picture 7 of 28 on the LucasArts site: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords/

if anyone needs a reminder. The Sith armored person (I've seen a sith armored person before in several screenshots and videos, apparently as a member of your party) has boobs. This can only mean one thing: It's a female Sith trooper. Or it's a man with implants. Or, err... dammit... it's your PC in Sith armor. Doh.

Anyway, I'll be looking into it. I honestly never suspected it before.

EDIT: anyone notice how the stupid numbers weren't flying around in combat? Here's hoping that's not just for a spiffy press vid.

They probably turned it off. You can turn off the flying numbers in KOTOR 1, as well.

you didn't know you could turn those numbers off? It was on the same option page to turn off the text and all the other things like the help tips.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Is it me, or does the graphics look REALLY good in those videos?

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud