Thief character?

What?! You want to teach kids how to steal stuff from stores? No no no, what would LucasArts say about that? It's all going to be about flowers and pretty birds, you know.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yes, I too enjoy crushing innocence wherever I find it and consuming the flesh of the living. Why you ask? Well, I played too many violent video games as a youth. Alas, their dubious moral themes warped my sense of right and wrong, so that now you have the creature you see before you, instead of one who walks a more virtuous path. Damn you forever George Lucas!

What?! You want to teach kids how to steal stuff from stores? No no no, what would LucasArts say about that? It's all going to be about flowers and pretty birds, you know.

who the hell cares if kids learn how to steal from KOTOR II??

They already did learn in the GTA series and also, if they really wish to steal, then they learn it from the streets by themselves or some kind of teacher!!

Stealing skills like pickpocketing and shoplifting should be considered as usable skills. It would add more realism to the game. It could be used to add darkside points/put you in bad favor with security forces. I'm not saying they have to be put in but it would give you an option.

If you wanted to go so far, you could add the skill usage in conversation like stickup/mug. There is a crime world in Star Wars. Why not let players play the part?

And that implies that all characters you play in the game are force users? Funny I seem to recall Mission and other characters I played in the original game (including the Scoundrel I played) who weren't that. Give the gamers who bought the game some choice in how they want to play it rather than the way you think they should play it.

I have to assume here you are kidding.

Don't tell me, tell the freaking developers. I want to play a thief but no I have to play a damn force user. I hate freaking force users. As for NPCs they are minor and overall insignificant Even Mission wasn't allowed to be a freaking theif because that would have detract fromthe actions of the Force User PC.

If its Star Wars its all about the Force. Damn Bastards.

Well aside from the fact that if I control the characters they aren't NPCs, these are all aspects that the devs should listen to for KOTOR2. Hopefully, they allow more choice in characters than KOTOR1.

Yes, there might be more charcters to choose from but only the force users will be worth having in the party. Remember this gme is called Knights of the Old Republic not Thieves of the Old Republic.

Its all about the Force and nothing else.

Think of it this way...who would win if Batman and Superman got into a fight?

If it was totally spontaneous and Batman had no time to prepare, Superman would probably pwn him. But unfortunately for Superman, Batman is ALWAYS prepared. He'd just bust out some Kryptonite powered assault armor or some sh!t and the Man of Steel would be toast. Brains, intelligence, and stealth will always pwn superpowers....or in this case, Force Wielders. B)

Yes, there might be more charcters to choose from but only the force users will be worth having in the party. Remember this gme is called Knights of the Old Republic not Thieves of the Old Republic.

Its all about the Force and nothing else.

Even though the game is called "Kinghts of the old republic", this does not mean there is no NPC who has the thief skills... B)

Do the people here complaining about having to be a Force User also hate arguably the best written RPG Planescape: Torment???

It must have just infuriated you to know that you had absolutely no choice but to play the game as The Nameless One.

I have to assume here you are kidding.

At least one of you got it.

Complete freedom is overrated.

Die, heathen, die!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Unfortunately, with the limitations of CRPGs today, you have to play at least some basic concept of the developer's characters in order to have a tight story. Even in the non-Force Adept campaign being discussed on my forum, you would perforce have to play a NON-Force user in order to make the storyline work. Ah well.

As far as picking pockets and such goes, I can see it being used in K2, although I'd probably never use it. They already have pick locks, which generally goes hand in hand with pick pockets in d20. Still, I can see this being of greater value with K1's storyline than K2's, where you could start out as a scoundrel and thought you were a scoundrel, and were more likely to use the skill. I just don't use my NPCs enough to worry about pick pockets. *shrug*

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

Complete freedom will never be possible. For a start, it does not exist in the real world. You may live in the "free world", but you just try and do ANYTHING other than sit down very stilll. You'll get laws thrown at you wherever you go... It's like a game, without the quicksaves.