There were many, many times in KoTOR when my PC would get stuck behind objects and not run where indicated. Wouldn't have been so bad but a lot of the objects were things like blades of grass and pebbles, once a small sand dune. During the demo, I also noticed the pathing was somewhat the same, particularly in the scene where you activate the central console in the control room and have to fight the droids. Often my character would refuse to run around the bend and simply stand there until I inched them forward enough to engage in combat.

Bad pathing is a pain in the butt.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

Bad pathing is a pain in the butt.

I could hardly agree more, if you could improve this I think it would make quite a few of us gamers much happier.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Depends on the sections. Some you'll be able to do solo, some you will have to have certain party members in order to advance, as in K1.

I think he means you won't need to have your party members right next to each other in order to transition from one area to the next.

As for pathing, I never noticed any problems except for other party members occasionally getting left behind a bit. But this was very rare. Is there a difference in the way you move your character around in the pc and xbox versions (I have the PC one).

There were pathing problems in some of the most random of places. I had someone get stuck in the middle of a room with nothing there. Since you need all your party members to advance, I had to solo mode the person there. If I didn't the party would run to that spot as well and it would take more time to get out of the place.

I think some of that should get fixed and cleaned up. Of course, not knowing much about the difficulty involved, I blindly make that statement.

I'll never forget the game where I got stuck behind a gizka upon entering the Ebon Hawk and absolutely could not move. I had to go back to my auto-save. *sigh*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yeah there were a lot of path problems. One of the worst problems was, your pc would be talking to someone and an npc like carth would get stuck behind the person you were talking to...so carth or whoever would just start twitching and shaking about like some kind of retard for the entire dialog scene.

I'll never forget the game where I got stuck behind a gizka upon entering the Ebon Hawk and absolutely could not move. I had to go back to my auto-save. *sigh*

The gizka just wanted some luvin' pet the gizka. :(

As for Carth twitching and shaking like a retard....I always thought he was a retard from the get go. :o

The biggest pathing problems I had was the one where for some reason a character wasn't following you...and then when they did decide to follow you, they had a crazy amount of paths queued up, so they would run to where I was 5 minutes ago, which was unfortunately across the map.

The biggest pathing problems I had was the one where for some reason a character wasn't following you...and then when they did decide to follow you, they had a crazy amount of paths queued up, so they would run to where I was 5 minutes ago, which was unfortunately across the map.

This bug, at least, has been fixed. The NPCs will path to you instead of to the last several places where you just were.

I still see pathing problems in other ways though. Like the one mentioned where you can't go through a door even though there's no obstruction, until you move around randomly and can move on. We'll see what we can do to fix these. It's hard, because they're not something we can reproduce on demand for debugging. We're aware the problem exists though.

-Akari

This bug, at least, has been fixed. The NPCs will path to you instead of to the last several places where you just were.

I still see pathing problems in other ways though. Like the one mentioned where you can't go through a door even though there's no obstruction, until you move around randomly and can move on. We'll see what we can do to fix these. It's hard, because they're not something we can reproduce on demand for debugging. We're aware the problem exists though.

-Akari

Awesome, thank you. The fact that ya'll know about it, acknowledge it, and are working on it means a lot.

As far as the Gizka goes, damned if I didn't pet it, stroke it, pick it up, and kill it, but the little buggers just kept reappearing in the exact same spot. Rather a neat trick, actually...

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.