New Release date?

It would be good in KOTOR 2 did still come out Feb 2005. In May 2005 EP3 will be coming out and everyone will be so pumped to see it. So before it comes out, people can get some Star Wars taste before the movie. This game being KOTOR 2. So in the end, KOTOR 2 could benefit from EP3 in many ways. Or vice-versa, EP3 could benefit from KOTOR 2 cause would get people into the SW mood and ready for EP3.

Thats just my thought on the situation.

Thats why I believe Republic Commando was delayed. Because it is heavily related to EP3 and maybe GL wants to use it as some of the marketing plan.

It would be good in KOTOR 2 did still come out Feb 2005. In May 2005 EP3 will be coming out and everyone will be so pumped to see it. So before it comes out, people can get some Star Wars taste before the movie. This game being KOTOR 2. So in the end, KOTOR 2 could benefit from EP3 in many ways. Or vice-versa, EP3 could benefit from KOTOR 2 cause would get people into the SW mood and ready for EP3.

Thats just my thought on the situation.

Thats why I believe Republic Commando was delayed. Because it is heavily related to EP3 and maybe GL wants to use it as some of the marketing plan.

I really, really hate you and your optimism towards Episode III. More than likely it's going to suck just like the other two. It's probably best to flee it like the plague......but I'm still probably going to see it anyway. :lol: I refuse to buy the Special Special Edition DVDs though, no matter what.....it's not worth it to pay for the OT to be raped by Lucas. :angry:

It would be good in KOTOR 2 did still come out Feb 2005

I wouldn't think there would be a comparison between X-mas sales and EP3 hype. K2 doesn't really need the extra hype to sell well, it will get plenty of hype regardless. It needs people willing to buy, and that have the moeny to buy. Hence, x-mas sales. Plus, plenty of SW prequel tie in games have died a sad death in terms of critical success and sales. The movies don't seem to help that much.

A December release date is looking more likely based on what we've been told here. Nothing official yet though, I don't think.

-Akari

Thanks for 'clarifying' on that perticular issue :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It could say Fall or Summer as much as I care. Until the game goes gold all this speculation is worthless.

No it's not. If the game is supposed to be coming the Christmas, then I can plan for it. If it gets delayed, oh well...then I consider what games may or may not be coming out around its next release date.

Definitely don't make a big deal about it though, or get too excited.

It would be good in KOTOR 2 did still come out Feb 2005

I wouldn't think there would be a comparison between X-mas sales and EP3 hype. K2 doesn't really need the extra hype to sell well, it will get plenty of hype regardless. It needs people willing to buy, and that have the moeny to buy. Hence, x-mas sales. Plus, plenty of SW prequel tie in games have died a sad death in terms of critical success and sales. The movies don't seem to help that much.

Well Republic Commando is one of the most anticipated Xbox titles coming out and it is heavily influenced by the prequels. ;)

I'm not anticipating it and in fact I don't see why I should even bother with it. It looks like another shooter type and if I wanted toplay that I will get Halo. Also if it is closely tied to the prequels that is most definitely a good reason not to buy it.

obsidian should release it before christmas, cause that December the 25th is a great day for sales.

December 25th is a horrible day for sales.

Now December 24, 23, 22, 21.... (and even 26) are good!

December 26th is quite possibly THE MOST heavily shopped on day of the year, at least for those who know what's what. December 26th, all the sales prices are cut because it's the official 'end' of the holiday rush, hence you get what you would have paid twice as much for before Christmas. My grandmother had a sort of ritual where the day after Christmas, she'd hit the stores and start buying next years Christmas presents at low, low prices. That's dedication to family for ya. :rolleyes:

HaydenJedi.jpg

Ok,

The special edition has some good sides (cloud city, ect.).

But who can really say that Hayden really belongs with the "Old Kenobi". Look, Vader came back to the light. Remember the scene where he tells Luke to take off his helmet (or is that going to be changed, too). Now if I remember correctly, the face under the mask didn't look anything like Hayden of the Ep 2 and 3. So shouldn't the ghost look like the man under the mask. They aren't putting Ewan McGreggor (or however you spell it) in Ep 6, he looks like he did when he died.

Anyway...

I'm not trying to make enemies, but I have a question for those who like all the changes in the special edition (especially Tyrell) - Can you really support the decision to have Greedo fire first in Ep 4? Why in the world does it matter that Solo didn't fire first? And how can an experienced bounty hunter (or even an unexperienced bounty hunter) miss from about three feet?

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

obsidian should release it before christmas, cause that December the 25th is a great day for sales.

December 26th is quite possibly THE MOST heavily shopped on day of the year, at least for those who know what's what. December 26th, all the sales prices are cut because it's the official 'end' of the holiday rush, hence you get what you would have paid twice as much for before Christmas. My grandmother had a sort of ritual where the day after Christmas, she'd hit the stores and start buying next years Christmas presents at low, low prices. That's dedication to family for ya. :(

Actually the most shopped on day of the year is the day after Thanksgiving. I used to work in a store though. 15% off plus 50% off after christmas on christmas related items. I could buy 32 oz bags of christmas candy for 2$. And eventually a week or so after christmas the price slash would go to 75%. :rolleyes::( You could stock up on enough junk food for the whole damn year.

I'm sorry, but that pic looks so stupid. I prefer the original.

Don't be sorry; be proud. Whatever George Lucas touches turns to sh*t nowadays.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Why do you guys always nitpick to find something wrong with the movie. With the atitude some of yu people ave about episode 3 BEFORE it comes out how are you going to enjoy it when yu see it when you've already decided it won't meet your expectations?

Why do you guys always nitpick to find something wrong with the movie. With the atitude some of yu people ave about episode 3 BEFORE it comes out how are you going to enjoy it when yu see it when you've already decided it won't meet your expectations?

My expectations are at rock bottom. It won't be difficult for Episode III to meet them...and if Lucas pulls off a miracle and exceeds them, I'll be the first to give him kuddos for it.

But I've been let down twice. It won't happen again.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

My expectations are at rock bottom. It won't be difficult for Episode III to meet them...and if Lucas pulls off a miracle and exceeds them, I'll be the first to give him kuddos for it.

But I've been let down twice. It won't happen again.

That's basically my take on it. I was all hyped about Episode I, it came out on my birthday for Chrissakes, I saw it at the first showing.....and was let down terribly. I approached Episode II with more caution what with my experience with the first one, but was still rather excited as I am, and always have been a SW fanboi. I was let down again. This time, I'm expecting a piece of crap, though if I do get something good it will be a welcome change, and I will be the first to say it's nice to know that Lucas can do something right these days. Then I will go back to berating his changes to the OT in the DVD releases, and demand the original theatrical releases. :angry:

December 26th is quite possibly THE MOST heavily shopped on day of the year, at least for those who know what's what. December 26th, all the sales prices are cut because it's the official 'end' of the holiday rush, hence you get what you would have paid twice as much for before Christmas. My grandmother had a sort of ritual where the day after Christmas, she'd hit the stores and start buying next years Christmas presents at low, low prices. That's dedication to family for ya. :lol:

I was curious last December so I took some notes.

There was some stuff I considered buying for myself, but money was a little tight so I said to myself I'd buy them after Christmas.

So I went in on Boxing Day, and not one of the items was actually any cheaper, despite them all having some sort of percentage taken off. I grudgingly bought two of the items at two different stores. The third store had actually jacked the price up and put a sale tag on it and people were eating it up still, even though had they bought it just before Christmas they would have actually paid less. I called the clerk on it and she just stared at me dumbfounded and insisted the price was actually cheaper than before.

But considering supply and demand it makes perfect sense. Since everyone expects the first few days to be such a bargain day, I probably would do the same. People are blind and just make the assumption, while many shop owners end up making more money clearing out stock that they couldn't get rid of in time for Christmas.

The changes on the OT don't even radically change the movie a few whats the big deal on Greedo shooting first I never really noticed the change as it was no big deal. Han stepped on Jabbas tail and the CGI wasn't that good WOW :) it messed up the whole movie one tiny insignificant scene ruined everything fun about the movie if you still like the movie better than prequeals why bitch about it. I have to agree though a final battle on Coruscant and Wookies would have been better in ROTJ.