New Release date?

If you think about it, having Hayden in instead of Sebastian Shaw makes perfect sense. It is said that Anakin actually DOES die in EP3 after the duel with Obi-Wan. It is just that Sidious does some Sith ritual that brings him back to life. Adding more meaning to the "Your father is dead, Vader killed him" line.

So when you die your soul leaves your body right? Well in EP3 Anakin dies and his soul leaves his body. So when ROTJ comes around, the spirit we see from Anakin is the EP3 one cause that is the one Anakin had when he died the first time.

I could be wrong. But still, I like the fact of having Hayden as Ankin in ROTJ. I mean if you watch the films in order from EP1-EP6 the person that is most associated as Anakin is Hayden. So when we see Anakin as a spirit, it makes perfect reasoning to have Hayden as Anakin cause thats what most people see/remember him as.

If you think about it, having Hayden in instead of Sebastian Shaw makes perfect sense. It is said that Anakin actually DOES die in EP3 after the duel with Obi-Wan. It is just that Sidious does some Sith ritual that brings him back to life. Adding more meaning to the "Your father is dead, Vader killed him" line.

So when you die your soul leaves your body right? Well in EP3 Anakin dies and his soul leaves his body. So when ROTJ comes around, the spirit we see from Anakin is the EP3 one cause that is the one Anakin had when he died the first time.

I could be wrong. But still, I like the fact of having Hayden as Ankin in ROTJ. I mean if you watch the films in order from EP1-EP6 the person that is most associated as Anakin is Hayden. So when we see Anakin as a spirit, it makes perfect reasoning to have Hayden as Anakin cause thats what most people see/remember him as.

Yes, just like the young Obi-Wan is the person we see most associated with him, and the young(er) Yoda is the person we see most associated with him. What a load of tripe. Like I said, of course you like it, Georgey wouldn't want his mouthpiece who writes all his articles to badmouth him now would he? <_<

The Special Edition Ep4 was almost flawless, except the Jabba tail squishing thing.

That hurts to read. Greedo shooting first? ANH got changed the most. Adding the dewbacks, and cleaning things up didn't bother me. Changing major plot points and adding a HORRIBLE cgi Jabba was a huge mistake.

ESB was the best touch-up. The backgrounds in Cloud City look great.

ROTJ is alright. I was serious about not caring for the new Ewok song however. I did like the shot of Coruscant.

Oh sorry forgot about the Greedo shooting thing, though it was dumb and looked bad as special effects go, I can't say it bothered me as much as you. But I would have preferred that scene to have remained the same, the Jabba sequence would have been alright had the tail thing not happened. But aside those two points I don't find anything wrong with Ep4 SE, I like the cleanup, the Dewbacks, the Millenium Falcon leaving Mos Eisley, the new X-Wing vs TIE Fighters sequences, etc. What actual major plot point was changed again??? I seriously hope you're not implying Han frying Greedo first was a major plot point...

I completely agree with ESB.

When I read about what the original RotJ might have been; Endor being Kashyyyk, a serious badass Wookie slave revolt instead of the damn care bears, and Luke and Vader dueling in Coruscant (then Had Abbadon) in front of the Emperor instead of Death Star pt 2 (Oh we just couldn't come up with anything better than yet another DS), that truly makes me weep since that is how the entire story supposedly closes and it doesn't come close to delivering what ANH and ESB built up, at least for me.

Like I said RotJ for me was so bad to begin with that the SE doesn't bother that much, however that musical number was revolting for sure. As for Hayden replacing Sebastian Shaw, I really don't mind. The last time Vader looked human was as Hayden looks in Ep3, so I could interpret that when he returns to the light he goes back to the way he looked when he was last human as opposed to what he might have looked like had he still been human in his current age. The closing song I didn't care about either way, but like you I did like how they showed Tatooine, Bespin and Coruscant celebrating in the closing.

Back on topic; GhostofAnakin you're right, february is still considered winter so it might not mean anything different than the original release date.

I'm sure that George Lucas can come up with a somewhat believable explanation on why suddenly Hayden's there instead of [insert the old geezers name here]. However, i don't like the fact that georgie wants to change the old Star Wars all the time, it's like having Da Vinci changing Mona Lisa every 5 years or so.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it", georgie must've forgot that line.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The Special Editions were done right before Episode 1. ILM had done some good CGI work in the past on films like Jurassic Park. I know they were and are capable of good CGI.

The CGI on Jabba in Episode 4 SE was horrible. Jabba then looked completely different (and better) in Episode 1. I just don't understand it. Having the Jabba scene does add more sympathy for Han. Having Greedo shoot first was flat out ridiculous. First off, how do you point directly at someone at point blank range and shoot a wall way off to the side?

I put it right up there with the "walkie-talkie" incident in E.T.

It's another case of weak filmmakers caving in as they get older.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been following this forum since the beginning, but had not become a member; the small bit of information below is interesting enough -and as I understand, previously unmentioned?- so I wanted to post it:

This is from the pre-order page on amazon.com, for TSL

This item will be released on December 6, 2004. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

amazon.com computer games link for TSL

in small print below it says "Date first available at Amazon: May 7, 2004"; I presume that's when they were told the release date (?)

I hope this didn't duplicate an earlier post!

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Yeah, with new additions like these:

HaydenJedi.jpg

elvis.jpg

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I think it is not really clear that the Game will be released in February 2005:

check these!

http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph...highlight=kotor

and

http://pc.ign.com/articles/522/522882p1.html?fromint=1

I don't know if these sources are really reliable though...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Well, I believe the site says it's out Winter, so a Dec. release isn't completely out of the question. If they want the game out by Feb. 05 they probably have to be mostly done with the bug fixes by early Jan and off to the press. For Dec. around the holidays I'd guess they have to be finish the game around Thanksgiving and by then I would think they'd have the game completed or at least almost done. I think the real matter is the amount of bugs and the time given to search for and fix them is whats gonna determine the release.

Yeah, with new additions like these:

esbpalpatine.jpg

HaydenJedi.jpg

Who's the guy on the left?!!! :blink::huh:

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I think it is not really clear that the Game will be released in February 2005:

check these!

http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph...highlight=kotor

and

http://pc.ign.com/articles/522/522882p1.html?fromint=1

I don't know if these sources are really reliable though...

Only Obsidian is reliable. Only Obsidian knows. There's rampant speculation like this in games all the time. Gamespot for example has had estimated release dates that have passed with the game still not out and didnt update it for weeks. Their goal is to get you to preorder. And having an earlier estimated release date helps that. Unfortunately there is nothing to stop them because they can say they were only guesstimating. I certainly hope KOTOR2 is out sooner bug free and packed full of goodness but Im not holding my breath.

Yeah, I'd definitely go as far as to say that it's almost ready now, should Lucasarts want it released ASAP, it could probably be released early-mid fall. But they want to either release it just prior to Episode III to build they hype, or they want to release it during the holiday season so everyone buys it for Christmas, only time will tell really. <_<

Ok, Gamestop, Ebgames, Gametrailers.com, and Amazon have all change their release date for the game to 12/06/04.

LucasArts has change the release date from Feb 5, 2005 to "Winter".

The release date for Republic Commandos on Gamestop, Ebgames, Gametrailers.com, and Amazon have all change their release date for the game to Feb 1st, 2005. Which, of course, is 4 days away from the Feb release posted previously for KOTOR2.

So first, anyone that believes Lucasarts will drop two big games near each other, and not do it pre-X-mas, raise your hands.

Not going to happen.

Not to mention that Lucas will lose expected sales if Commandos doesn't ship pre-x-mas (which it won't, that has been confirmed LA).....but if K2 were to take it's place...no harm no foul. Might even see better than expected holiday sales.

Then we have this post by Akari (underlines added):

Just thought I would take a moment to weigh in on this before too much guessing gets out of hand. It is true that the release date of the game may be in flux. However, it has no impact on when we at Obsidian would have to be done with our part. Our deadline to turn the game in for final approval is the same either way. It's more of a matter of Lucas Arts getting their part done in time (music, voice overs, marketing, etc.), as well as a number of other factors that determine when they think it would be best to release the game.

So a change in the release date will not affect the time we have to work on the game on our end. Just so everyone knows.

Have the game release on 12/21/04 and shipped to stores on the 23rd. :D

Gamespot

No Star Wars: Republic Commando until 2005

LucasArts confirms its prequel-inspired stealth action game won't arrive until next year.

or were you talking about k2?

You do realize that the way these websites are getting these rumors are the same way WE got them in the first place. Maybe even from these very forums; and the only clear confirmation I've seen on any website anywhere is in the LA website that says winter. (Which, incidentally, includes february)