New Release date?

Are they seriously replacing the old guy who played Anakin in RotJ with Hayden Christensen in that final scene in the DVDs? Or was that a joke that I didn't get?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Are they seriously replacing the old guy who played Anakin in RotJ with Hayden Christensen in that final scene in the DVDs?

That's just wrong. <_<

Thats not just wrong thats... (searches for strong enough word) An abomination! Yes that word will do. <_<

Im not even THAT into SW and I wanted to vomit seeing Hayden Christiansen there. It also begs the question why the hell is he there when Vader is obviously a much older man by the time he dies. Shouldnt we also see Ewan McGregor instead of Alec Guiness?! :( It's truly official. GL has gone insane.

Well, sure, but it didn't have nearly the features and possibility it claimed to on release.

Sort of a Catch-22 I think though, as many fans kept screaming for them to release the damn thing already.

For some reason fans tend to take delays very personally (look at Half-Life 2).

I don't know if it has been mentioned or not but in the Lucasarts site the release date said Winter last time I looked. As long as the game is balanced, bug free and complete in what it is supposed to have I'll be happy of whatever release date, sooner or later, just long enough for it to be ready.

Off topic, I don't really mind changes to the OT DVDs, at least the ones I've seen so far. The Special Edition Ep4 was almost flawless, except the Jabba tail squishing thing. ESB had very little changed from what I recall, the improved Wampa and that ISD that gets blown up in the asteroid field and maybe some beauty shots and backgrounds in Cloud City, fine by me. The Emperor replacement doesn't bother me either, hell I always thought it weird the Emperor in Ep5 didn't match the one in Ep6 so I really don't mind at all they made him look like Palpatine from Ep6 instead of freaky bug eye man. RotJ....hmm, well that movie was terrible whether they changed it or not so I really have no preference on it one way or the other.

The Special Edition Ep4 was almost flawless, except the Jabba tail squishing thing.

That hurts to read. Greedo shooting first? ANH got changed the most. Adding the dewbacks, and cleaning things up didn't bother me. Changing major plot points and adding a HORRIBLE cgi Jabba was a huge mistake.

ESB was the best touch-up. The backgrounds in Cloud City look great.

ROTJ is alright. I was serious about not caring for the new Ewok song however. I did like the shot of Coruscant.

The Special Edition Ep4 was almost flawless, except the Jabba tail squishing thing.

That hurts to read. Greedo shooting first? ANH got changed the most. Adding the dewbacks, and cleaning things up didn't bother me. Changing major plot points and adding a HORRIBLE cgi Jabba was a huge mistake.

ROTJ is alright. I was serious about not caring for the new Ewok song however. I did like the shot of Coruscant.

Don't forget the awful musical numbers added to the films. All of a sudden Lucas thinks Star Wars is Mtv. Greedo shooting first however will go down as one of the dumbest ideas of all time period. What is Lucas trying to tell us here? Han has braved the dangers of being a smuggler with the cunning use of the old let the bounty hunter shoot first and miss from 1 foot away trick? No wonder the Imperial Navy droped Solo he kept telling his instructors "I won't shoot until shot at by a range of 2 feet or less!" <_<

Cheers!

Since the theatrical release of the trilogy won't be on DVD (Lucas shudders at the quality of the special effects in the late '70s) entire generations may see Star Wars for the first time as the Special Editions.

Doesn't that scare you?

Since the theatrical release of the trilogy won't be on DVD (Lucas shudders at the quality of the special effects in the late '70s) entire generations may see Star Wars for the first time as the Special Editions.

Doesn't that scare you?

Most disturbing indeed.......... I fear the force won't be as strong with that generation.

Cheers!

Doesn't that scare you?

Most disturbing indeed.......... I fear the force won't be as strong with that generation.

Cheers!

<cries> It's just not right, not right I say.

Muppets practically MADE Star Wars, but Bob Damned Lucas with his CGI fetish had to ditch them. :(

@Tyrell: You would like the changes he's made.....Lucas wouldn't want his mouthpiece to speak bad of him now....would he? <_<

The cgi Jabba was horrible. When I heard Lucas was going to add him using cgi, at first I thought it would be cool. But then I saw the final product..

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

LucasArts now has the release set at a Winter release. Which was changed from Feb 2005.

Maybe I don't know my sales and advertising lingo too well, but isn't February still considered "winter"? Considering the crappy weather we get where I'm from, I'd definitely refer to it as winter.