New Release date?

I can tell you and you best read it very carefully.

It... will... be... released... when... its... done...

Beyond that who gives a rat's ass.

Betting on the people here who have nothing better to do.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

The game will be released when it is released.  Specualtion about release dates are stupid and are simply a marketing ploy from outlets so idiotic dweebs will spend their money to pre-order the game.  A game's release date shouldn't even be bothered with until it is two weeks before and not a moment sooner.

For the first time in the history of humankind.... I agree with you.

:rolleyes:

That is how I treat every game Piratical Ninj. It beats waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting then just be disappointed with the game once it is installed.

That is how I treat every game Piratical Ninj. It beats waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting then just be disappointed with the game once it is installed.

You definitely need a new hobby.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I can see a Dec release for the X-Box witha Feb release for the PC.

Damn Billy Gates paying off Devs. :angry:

Anywho, needless to say, I'd rather see them take the route Ubisoft has taken on their last holiday round up of games (XIII, Beyond Good & Evil, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time), and release it a couple months later than the originally projected release date, playable out of the box, no patching required, so those of us who are still slaves to dialup don't have to get our game, then wait a few hours of a gigantic patch to download...as the seem to get bigger and bigger every time. :rolleyes:

I remember waiting for the first KOTOR to come out and it got pushed back SO many times..... Of course, they announced this game after it was well into development (which I like) and they already have the engine so who knows....

KOTOR was never "pushed back."

Bioware was adamant that they would never have a release date until the game went gold.

I'm sure Derek French wanted to maim people after every release date controversy.....he started locking down threads like mad.

Akari said this in another thread (very recently): Something like, "just so this discussion/rumor doesn't get out of hand, the deadline for our (the developer's) side will remain the same regardless of what the release date is. The VO, music, and press coverage is still up to them, leading up to the release of the finished product." Note, that's a very loose representation of what he said, but the basic meaning is the same. LA isn't pushing the Dev's at all, so we don't have to worry about that (if anyone was). Also, that sort of heavily implies the dev's deadline is sometime before December, the rumoured release. What does VO take? A couple months, at least? This could be a good sign; but as I said in that other thread, it could be a very bad sign.

Regardless, the release date on the official site now says winter instead of February. That sort of implies they're at least aiming for a larger window, and thus considering a holiday release, eh? Doesn't say december, though, so whatever their current intention, they may change the release date however they see fit as time goes on.

If you start saying december without really intending it, even if that's what you end up doing, it's a bad PR choice. Thus, people at Bioware and LA and such don't want to get too specific with the public, because it will be taken for gospel; absolutely NO remorse would be given to them for saying something they didn't know for certain, implying anything they say is more absolute than anything a normal human says. But whatever, /ramble off.

With Christmas being a cash cow season for video games, If Obsidian did get the game completed & approved by lucasarts before this time I can see why they would want to release earlier then feb.

Either way is cool

The main thing is that they get the game out before episode 3.

Nothing good came out of Kotor I premature release. We had to wait months for patches and the game is still buggy in some places because LucasArts practically abondoned support for it.

Let Obsidian have their six to eight months for testing so when it is finally released we can maybe play it out of the box or after one or two patches and when LucasArts decides that it isn't worth of any further support.

Bastards :angry:

It... will... be... released... when... its... done...

Well, this is LucasArts we're talking about.

Star Wars: Galaxies?

I didn't consider that done.

MMORPG's are never quite right at launch. They have to cater to a player community that doesn't exist until launch. Players will want certain tweaks and changes. You also can't beta test 200,000 players being online.