New Release date?

Gamestop has the 12/06/2004 release date too...but again, like someone else says, until someone says different here or at Lucasarts, then 2/8/2004 is still the official date.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

To be honest, I'd rather they had the later release date, just to make sure everything is in working order, rather than perhaps rushing to meet a december release date.

Unless, of course, they're prompt with patches to fix any omissions, in which case the earlier the better :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think July 2005 would be a more realistic release date. Lucas arts always posts an unrealistic release date, and then proceeds to push it back every other month. By the end of the summer the Feb 05 release date will turn into April 05....then May....then late June...then maybe July...Perhaps Nov 05. As far as EB or Babbages, or any other video game supplier goes, they give out fake release dates. Infact they just make them up so that they can get pre-orders for the game and make money. KOTOR 1 had about a dozen fake release dates from electronic stores before an actual one was released. In short nothing is certain until the "Sith Lords Gone Gold" announcement is made by Lucas Arts.

Well, there was a lot of problem with the engine and the full VO limitations. They completely started over at one point, you realize.

I don't think it'll be nearly as serious with KotOR II. However, pushed release dates are pretty much a given, especially for well-anticipated titles.

serverxserver: errr... maybe. Let's say they got the game finished and bug tested by december, instead of finished and bug tested by february. What's the difference? None. Just as bug-free, just as few bugs, just as much time spent killing bugs. The only difference is, more time to add stuff. Get my logic?

I don't quite trust EB. I'm not going to get myself all excited about this until I see something on the front page or in the Announcements section about it, 'til then, February is the date to me.

Just got to remember though, didn't they start right when KOTOR was released? February sounds most realistic to me, at least.

As much as I would love to get this game ASAP, I'd much rather they keep the latter release date and work on content/quests/bug fixes. I'd hate to have them try and rush it out in time for holiday shopping if it still needs work.

and we are sure this isn't a later release date, this is sooner becauseis seems like to me the would push it back later to try to incoperaate some more of the suggestions we are all giving out

anyone else at a loss for what he/she was trying to say? :p

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

and we are sure this isn't a later release date, this is sooner becauseis seems like to me the would push it back later to try to incoperaate some more of the suggestions we are all giving out

Are you asking if its Dec 6, 2005 rather than Dec 6, 2004? Is there a year listed on the site?

anyone else at a loss for what he/she was trying to say? :p

I thought it was just me. Some of the posts in these forums are so incoherent that, since I'm new here, I thought it was some type of community lingo.

In some of the interviews, the devs say that they're pushing to make the game-content finished by the end of this month, and bugtest it until february 2005, so a releasedate by december this year is not impossible. However, until Obsidian or Lucasarts prove otherwise, that releasedate is a pile of Bantha poo-doo.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In some of the interviews, the devs say that they're pushing to make the game-content finished by the end of this month, and bugtest it until february 2005, so a releasedate by december this year is not impossible. However, until Obsidian or Lucasarts prove otherwise, that releasedate is a pile of Bantha poo-doo.

The Computer Gaming World article said something to the effect of working on the game and doing most of the hard coding through June, then playtesting and fixing bugs/problems for 6 months.

The Computer Gaming World article said something to the effect of working on the game and doing most of the hard coding through June, then playtesting and fixing bugs/problems for 6 months.

Yes, but how many games have been released before schedule?

Not many ;)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

serverxserver: errr... maybe. Let's say they got the game finished and bug tested by december, instead of finished and bug tested by february. What's the difference? None. Just as bug-free, just as few bugs, just as much time spent killing bugs. The only difference is, more time to add stuff. Get my logic?

No, I don't. You act as if content can simply be tacked on like so much wall ornamentation. The developer's have an idea, they have a complete idea, of what a story will be and they work to get it finished to the minutest detail. If they're finished ahead of schedule, then, well, the game is finished ahead of schedule. And I sincerely doubt that Obsidian will speed up the formulation of content simply to ensure an early release date.

The game will be released when it is released. Specualtion about release dates are stupid and are simply a marketing ploy from outlets so idiotic dweebs will spend their money to pre-order the game. A game's release date shouldn't even be bothered with until it is two weeks before and not a moment sooner.