Canderous' Alien Encounter?

Anyone remember the conversations with Canderous? Specifically the stories he tells of his patrols of the Outer Rim? The one story about him encountering an alien object (ship or creature?) encased in an asteriod (?) seems to stick in my mind lately. What if there's a new kind of menace other than the Sith Lords? That ship (creature?) in the story gave me the indication that it was imprisoned. It fled the scene straight off the bat after Canderous freed it from that chunk of ice.

I've been thinking that maybe there's an enclave of Rakattan (sp?) around in the outer reaches. Rakattan that haven't lost touch with the Force, still have their radically advanced technology, and are still nursing a vicious mean streak.

Revan disappears in the outer reaches right? Maybe in the same area as that alien ship? What if he got ambushed by the Rakattan (or some other alien menace) and taken prisoner? That could explain his lack of presence or noticeable activity in Republic space. And being taken prisoner would be a 'universal solution' in that these Rakattan (or whoever) would strive to take Revan whether he was good or evil.

The extremely banged up condition of the 'Hawk would suggest some kind of battle. And isn't TM-34 (sp?) still on the 'Hawk at the time? I seem to recall reading somewhere that if you start the game's tutorial, you start off as TM-34 trying to jury rig the 'Hawk. Maybe TM-34 got temporarily incapacitated (thus unable to witness the fate of the rest of the 'Hawk's crew - and likely left for dead) but managed to recover - sans memory (you'd think amnesia is contagious, what with half the cast seemingly aflicted with it <_< ). Although I wonder at the absence of the other crew members - I think Canderous mentioned that he'd stick by Revan (not sure though, too long since I played KotOR), and Mission and Zalbar (if they weren't killed) would most likely remain with Revan.

Anywho, all of this could actually be a lead in to SWKotOR 3 (or KotOR 2 expansion), with Revan being the first casualty (so to speak) in a much larger conflict to come.

Just some more wild shots in the dark. :ph34r:

A wild shot in the dark, and a good one. It would explain much about the start of KOTOR2 except for a couple of things.

Where is the crew, (Revan, Bastila, Canderous and the like), how r u on the Ebon Hawk, and why did they leave u and T3 on the Ebon Hawk.

Still this idea would explain much, and is a veryveryvery good idea.

Where is the crew, (Revan, Bastila, Canderous and the like), how r u on the Ebon Hawk, and why did they leave u and T3 on the Ebon Hawk.

I think you meet Canderous later on in KotOR2 (he may have a piece of the mystery behind Revan's disappearance). Bastila may or may not be dead (and conceivably would have been taken with Revan if she was with him), and as for the others I'm unsure. For whatever reason, I think Revan was alone on the 'Hawk with perhaps the exception of Bastila and TM-34.

i dnt remember that wen does thius happen in the game i cnt remember havin a convo with him and him mentionin that??

If you keep pestering Canderous to tell you his old war stories, eventually he'll get around to telling you of his patrol duties in (?) the outer rim. I think he tells you about the story before he relates the fall of Mandalore and the Mandalorians to Revan's army.

Interesting ideas.

There was another theory that that alien ship was part of the 'Yuzav Vong', in the book series.

But if Revan was captured how would he feature in the game at all?

Maybe we'll have to mount a rescue effort? ;)

hmmmmmm maybe, but it was a very very small part of the first game sooooo probably not BUT who knows :blink:

Well, I'm grasping at straws here. Besides, it's getting somewhat quiet around here lately. Figured I'd try and contribute something, even if it is blanks fired into a dark room.

Anyone remember the conversations with Canderous? Specifically the stories he tells of his patrols of the Outer Rim? The one story about him encountering an alien object (ship or creature?) encased in an asteriod (?) seems to stick in my mind lately. What if there's a new kind of menace other than the Sith Lords? That ship (creature?) in the story gave me the indication that it was imprisoned. It fled the scene straight off the bat after Canderous freed it from that chunk of ice.

There is, indeed, such a menace. One far more powerful and destructive than the Sith. Fortunately for your character, they don't show up for another 4025 years.

The ship Canderous frees is a Yuuzhan Vong scout.

There is, indeed, such a menace. One far more powerful and destructive than the Sith. Fortunately for your character, they don't show up for another 4025 years.

The ship Canderous frees is a Yuuzhan Vong scout.

As quite a new SW fan, id like to know, who are these Yuuzhan Vong??

The Yuuzhang Vong appear after the remnants of the empire of defeated. They enter the galaxy and seek to conquer it. They live outside the force. See the starwars expanded universe databank for more info.

This theory of the Yuuzhang Vong is intriging, but does not seem likely.

Seen as KOTORFanatic is too lazy to provide the link, here it is.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Here's the Star Wars.com entry on them.

I haven't read the New Jedi Order series....or any Star Wars novel for that matter....but to me, they seem kinda lame.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Here's the Star Wars.com entry on them.

I haven't read the New Jedi Order series....or any Star Wars novel for that matter....but to me, they seem kinda lame.

Erm i just posted that Timmy. Why are u posting it again?

You obviously like wasting people's time.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

actually, I am sure one dev explained that it was some ship or other, but I can't remember

Yes i think it was supposed to be a Yuuzhan Vong ship.

I don't think he was patrolling, as why would a Mandalorian need too? I think they were chasing after a fleeing ship, maybe after conquering a planet. Or they where smugglers or something, but I don't think he was partrolling. I'll look into it while I play through my game now.

Evolutionary Development

Maybe it was a Krath ship? Or it could have been a Guild ship.

It's either a Yuuzhan Vong Coral Skipper or a Yuuzhan Vong warship called a miid ro'ik. Listen to what Canderous has to say and then compare that to the description of a Vong Coral Skipper that I have provided bellow.

- Rock-like

- Multi-colored meteors, or asteroids

- Aerodynamic sides

- Tapered nose

- Cannons like miniature volcanoes

Here is a site with some pics and detailed info on all of the Vong's Ships. Click

Cheers!

From now on i will provide links, when i work out how :lol: anyway, i will give it a shot.

Infact, i beleive i know how to create links, i hav simply had so much to talk about i hav not had the time.

I beleive it could well be a Yuuzhang Vong ship, but i beleive it will hav no role to play in KOTOR2. After all, the Yuuzhang never turned up until the Remnants of the empire were totally defeated.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

i like that idea for kotor 3 an unknown alien race of super warriors makes themselves known. and it could be done a lot better than the yuzhang vong (sp?). cuz i know a lot of people didnt like them. so maybe a race of super warriors from the unknown regions of the sw galaxy?

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together