oppurtunity to kill off party members at will?

Like this idea?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Like this idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • Stop makign stupid polls

Well, how about a way to secretly kill off some of your party members? Not through combat neccesarily, but through interaction, like poisoning their food or opening the airlock when they are alone in a specific part of the ship. The other party members will want to know what happens, but if you make it look like an accident, then they won't get too suspicious.

I guess this is a way to weed out the party members that you don't like. Like for example, if your party character is a goody goody and the rest of your crew is evil, that character is too strong and dangerous to just let him go because he might come back and fight you. So you conspire with a few other party members and slit his throat while he sleeps? Or you can kill party members just for the heck of it, because they annoy you or they whine too much. Or if you want an item that that party member soley possesses, or kill for whatever reason. Or if you're dark side, then no reason at all.

But if the other party member finds out you do it too much and they like the people you're killing, then you may have a mutiny on your hands and have to set poison gas in the Ebon Hawk's ventilation system and arm yourself with a gas mask and you and your droid kill everybody else on the ship?

Thoughts?

Well, how about a way to secretly kill off some of your party members? Not through combat neccesarily, but through interaction, like poisoning their food or opening the airlock when they are alone in a specific part of the ship. The other party members will want to know what happens, but if you make it look like an accident, then they won't get too suspicious.

I guess this is a way to weed out the party members that you don't like. Like for example, if your party character is a goody goody and the rest of your crew is evil, that character is too strong and dangerous to just let him go because he might come back and fight you. So you conspire with a few other party members and slit his throat while he sleeps? Or you can kill party members just for the heck of it, because they annoy you or they whine too much. Or if you want an item that that party member soley possesses, or kill for whatever reason. Or if you're dark side, then no reason at all.

But if the other party member finds out you do it too much and they like the people you're killing, then you may have a mutiny on your hands and have to set poison gas in the Ebon Hawk's ventilation system and arm yourself with a gas mask and you and your droid kill everybody else on the ship?

Thoughts?

Nope wouldnt work IMO, I mean it would be to easy for the rash or hasty to kill all the party members and end the whole game to soon

Hey, it would be fun to set up a particularly gruesome initiation to eager, prospective party members to become one of your party members. To join, they got to stand in a line for hours or days or something, or send them on a suicide mission.

I think if a party members tries to leave the party because he or she doesn't agree with the decisions you've made or your PC's alighnment they should be fair game. Having to play a DS female to kill Carth sucked and I don't want a repeat of that in TSL. If the party member is leaving the story anway we should be able to choose to let them go or kill them.

Cheers!

If this was an ENORMUS game with lot of NPC`s joining you, yes it won`t be so bad idea. BUT it isn`t such a game. There are barely 5-7(don`t know the exact number) joinable NPC`s, so i dont agree with the idea of killing them if it isn`t related to the storyline.

If this was an ENORMUS game with lot of NPC`s joining you, yes it won`t be so bad idea. BUT it isn`t such a game. There are barely 5-7(don`t know the exact number) joinable NPC`s, so i dont agree with the idea of killing them if it isn`t related to the storyline.

Actually there's supposed to be more than 10 joinable NPCs.

There r ten joinable npcs, but some will only join if u r darkside, or r lightside. This could bring the number of joinable npcs down to around 6 depending on alignment (maybe more, maybe less).

So if there were more joinable npcs, this could work (though i would never do it), but for KOTOR2, it just seems that it wouldn't work.

There r ten joinable npcs, but some will only join if u r darkside, or r lightside. This could bring the number of joinable npcs down to around 6 depending on alignment (maybe more, maybe less).

So if there were more joinable npcs, this could work (though i would never do it), but for KOTOR2, it just seems that it wouldn't work.

actually i believe dereth is right and there is more than ten. but u can only have ten at one time. ill bring it up on the next weekend programmer if we have one again.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Yep, that's right. I always wonder if he meant 10 including your own character or excluding him. Since KOTOR I had 9 characters other than your own personal character in the party, I think they may just stick with that, rather than sticking in a tenth somewhere, though it is certinaly possible.

It's 10 NPCs not including your character. Also, there are more than 10 possible NPCs in the game. Which 10 you have depends on a couple different factors.

-Akari

OK my earlier post was wrong about npcs, however, i still that the killing of party members will not be done, and just would not work. It just seems that kill one, and in reality all other npcs would leave before u got to them.

I mean, they would investigate the killing, find out it was u, and then simply leave before u get one of the survivors aswell.

OK my earlier post was wrong about npcs, however, i still that the killing of party members will not be done, and just would not work. It just seems that kill one, and in reality all other npcs would leave before u got to them.

I mean, they would investigate the killing, find out it was u, and then simply leave before u get one of the survivors aswell.

Or a mutiny me harties oh arrr :lol:

But seriosly Im sure you could bump off a couple without the rest of the crew finding out, like take them on a mission and off them there, then go back and say "they didnt make it, I barely got away myself" :ph34r: Not saying I agree with it though I stand by my earlier post:

Nope wouldnt work IMO, I mean it would be to easy for the rash or hasty to kill all the party members and end the whole game to soon

No offense, but I hate this idea. The opportunity to kill off party members reminds me of a bunch of preteens sitting around thinking it's "kewl" to go around and kill everyone in Grand Theft Auto.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I agree that killing party members at anytime would be dumb. However shouldn't you have the option like with Juhani in KOTOR to kill party members in certain situations? If an uber LS party member wants to leave the party because you're a DS PC shouldn't you be given the choice to either fight them, let them go, or try and turn them to the DS? It's not very likely a DS Jedi would just let a LS Jedi go free while knowing full well one day that Jedi will rise up against them. Any party member who is leaving your party should be fair game to kill unless they are vital to the story later on.

Cheers!