Multi-Monitor Support Please

One of the most annoying things not just in this game but in a lot of games is when you're playing and your mouse wanders over to your second monitor causing the game to minimize right in the middle of a crucial battle. Aside from the "NOOOOOooooOOOOo" factor, with some video cards this can cause artifacts which means you've got to shutdown the game and restart it to get rid of them.

This especially becomes problematic if you use a program like tweak ui and have xmouse activated. Sometimes I like to look at my performance monitor while I play. Well when I move my mouse to the far right it leaves the game window and the second it touches the performance monitor xmouse activates it and my game minimizes. GRRRRRRR. Even better is when I right click while turning right and it causes the desktop properties menu to open and again the game minimizes.

There's a lot of games where this isn't a problem. For example Jedi Knight, SWG, Tron 2.0, SOF2. Once the game opens it doesn't matter how far you move your mouse it never leaves the game window. Something to consider.

LOL Im sorry but I don't think a lot of people have this "multi" monitor problem....most people just have a 20 or 22 inch monitor...or bigger..but not multi monitors. I don't have the problem personally because I use the XBOX.

One of the most annoying things not just in this game but in a lot of games is when you're playing and your mouse wanders over to your second monitor causing the game to minimize right in the middle of a crucial battle.

Thanks for bringing that up. I ran into that a lot in Neverwinter Nights.

I'll make a note about it. I never really noticed here, since the copy we run for development runs in windowed mode.

-Akari

Will the consumer version be able to run in windowed mode?

I'm not sure off hand what the plan is for that.

I think KotOR1 can be run in windowed mode by changing some .ini settings, can't it?

FullScreen=0

AllowWindowedMode=1

are the settings I'm using in the swkotr.ini to get windowed mode here. But maybe that isn't stable in KotOR1?

I don't know if we have plans to actually make it a supported config option in the in-game configuration menus.

-Akari

LOL Im sorry but I don't think a lot of people have this "multi" monitor problem....most people just have a 20 or 22 inch monitor...or bigger..but not multi monitors. I don't have the problem personally because I use the XBOX.

I guess that's why most of your high end video cards come with two monitor outputs. Lots of developers use dual monitors. It makes life easier. Oh and FYI I use two 21" monitors and have my desktop res set at 3200 X 1200 let's see you get that with a single monitor. For that matter let's see you get that on your precious XBox with a Television :D