wow

i just got my issue of gamepro and it sys mira (a member of your party, i believe) has a weapon whcihc is a wrist mounted rocket launcher'. it allows ehr to fire knockout darts to make the enemy knocked out. she can also fire buster or ion cannons.

hmm, a party member worth using?

If that's true, I'd be royaly impressed. As much as I loved the first, each party member was interchangeable to me. I mean, they were different, but for the most part I just picked the guy who annoyed me the least (HK) If this is true then obsidian is trying to create some characters with truly unique abilites and usefullness. Sweet

I read this too (in a magazine). The character is meant to be a bounty hunter. How effective the rocket launcher is remains to be seen.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I think this is a step in the right direction. They NEED to give ALL the NPC's their own unique abilites or weaponry. They hinted at this in KOTOR with Canderous' bio implant. This would give each character something usefull to contribute to the party. In KOTOR, I would think of taking someone like Mission along but stop myself saying, "she'll just get owned, better take HK or Canderous". But if she had something unique to offer, she might not have been warming the bench all the time.

Didn't the Fett bounty hunters have wrist mounted weapons? I don't remember exactly what type of weapons they were. Rocketlauncher on your wrist though? C'mon....thats a little far-out. Maybe it is some sort of utility weapon....darts and small energy blasts sound better.

The wrist rocket launcher looked neat, and it had some pretty impressive-sounding rockets to go with it, but overall, in the demo, I was not impressed with it in combat. It didn't seem to do anymore damage than any other range weapon.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

Yeah, she has a wrist-mounted rocket launcher. It may or may not have been useful in the demo. We hadn't undergone the balance pass over all the weapons/items/armor by E3. We have a designer working on that right now. :lol:

-Akari

Was this a direct quote from an Obsidian employee or just speculation in the magazine?

It was in the ~100 MB video. Mira joins your party. In the description it says she has these wrist mounted rocket launchers and will be able to use any rockets and grenades you come across.

Yeah, she has a wrist-mounted rocket launcher. It may or may not have been useful in the demo. We hadn't undergone the balance pass over all the weapons/items/armor by E3. We have a designer working on that right now. :)

-Akari

that developer's name isn't mgnails is it? :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yeah, she has a wrist-mounted rocket launcher.  It may or may not have been useful in the demo.  We hadn't undergone the balance pass over all the weapons/items/armor by E3.  We have a designer working on that right now.  :lol:

-Akari

that developer's name isn't mgnails is it? :blink:

mgnails practically made kotor1! why not?