When did we lose the Register Date?

Child of Flame

This encourages postwhoring IMO, because leaving the post count/levels, but taking away the Registry Date, and Member number....leaves the post count as the only way to tell a veteran from a newbie.

Then you start to get n00bs coming in (Not to be confused with newbies); who get the genius idea to post wherever they can, even if their entire post consists of an emoticon, and amass several thousand posts in under a month. I've seen it rip a forum apart not only be spreading division among the ranks. (people with gigantic post counts who've been there less than a month acting like jackasses to people who've been at said forum for a year or more because they're obviously veterans because they have a veteran post count). I've seen it happen before, it's not pretty. I hope this post makes sense, I've been up all night <curses his insomnia>. :)

If nothing else, think of how much slower it will make the board run? :ph34r:

Does it really matter that much when you joined, or if you're a "veteran" or a "newbie"?

I'd think that posting intelligent responses in threads and portraying yourself as more than just a semi-intelligent primate would garner the kind of respect from your peers that people seem to want, rather than relying on who got here first or who post-whores the best.

Afterall, I've seen intelligent posts from people with less than 100 posts, and I've seen rediculous, unintelligent blabbering from people with over 1000. For me, it's all the the context. If you make sense, your spelling is decent and you form complete sentences, then I'd take that over someone who's been here for a long time but does nothing but basically spam the forums.

my 2 cents.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Certain boards utilize a karma system, which I'm a big fan of, or a rating system where you can rate other's posts.

Poor Volourn... ;)

The developers also can see which suggestions and members seem to be respected by the community.

Call me naive, but I somehow suspect, that the developers already know which people they care to listen to and which they don't.

Regarding postcounts, get rid of them or at least make them only visible to the poster him/her self, that they might keep track of how much real life the "waste" here (personally, I have fun, therefore don't consider it wasted).

Member numbers ? With the number 666 I should probably keep a low profile (until my powers are fully developed) :ph34r:

Custome titles ? If I had to pick, drop signatures and reintroduce custom titles B)

Just my 0.25 cent (excluding VAT)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just leave well enough alone. All over this board for the past few weeks, threads have been closed for no reason, posts are disappearing when there is no reason for them to, all because it's "in the best interest" of the forum. So what if your registration date doesn't mean anything? Everyone with more brain cells than posts already knows that, and those who say otherwise just make themselves look like idiots. Like anything else, the content of your posts is really all that matters in the long run. Leave it be.

post count has nothin to do with how long one's been here .... I've been on the boards almost as soon as it was established, but this is not reflected on how many times I post.

:o although it doesn't matter if someone feels I'm a newbie or not because of a low post count. :p:blink::)

Does it really matter that much when you joined, or if you're a "veteran" or a "newbie"?

I'd think that posting intelligent responses in threads and portraying yourself as more than just a semi-intelligent primate would garner the kind of respect from your peers that people seem to want, rather than relying on who got here first or who post-whores the best.

Afterall, I've seen intelligent posts from people with less than 100 posts, and I've seen rediculous, unintelligent blabbering from people with over 1000.  For me, it's all the the context.  If you make sense, your spelling is decent and you form complete sentences, then I'd take that over someone who's been here for a long time but does nothing but basically spam the forums.

my 2 cents.

I would have no problem with that, this is what I tried to explain on the board where I've seen this happen. (For those curious, it was the Albino Black Sheep forums, worse still, they still have the register date and member number. ) But unfortunately, the newer members don't seem to understand that.

Worse still, as time goes on, it's becoming hard to differentiate between this board and the Bioboards. It saddens me. :p