Range and ranged weapon fighting

Well, the closer somebody (who is holding a gun) fires at another guy, the more chance he has to hit him with better aim and the less chance of the other guy dodging the blast. This should be implemented, unlike in KOTOR 1 where range doesn't seem to effect probability of hits.

Well, the closer somebody (who is holding a gun) fires at another guy, the more chance he has to hit him with better aim and the less chance of the other guy dodging the blast. This should be implemented, unlike in KOTOR 1 where range doesn't seem to effect probability of hits.

Ya that was just stupid, carth would be standing a foot away from his enemy and he was missing, i thought he was a decorated war hero.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Indeed, this was one problem i had with the original. At some points, they enemy would be standing right next to the character with ranged weapons, smacking him away, while this guy with guns can only mange about one or two hits with evry volley.

This is one reason why i never used ranged weapons (except grenades) later in the game. They just become worthless and useless, no matter how much they r upgraded

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Well, if there's a person with a melee weapon next to you striking you and you're trying to shoot him at point blank range with a ranged weapon, you'll most likely miss because he's right next to you and is knocking aside your gun while striking you. But if he's not striking you and you're right next to him, you should be able to blast him on the mark each time.

I thought the system for ranged vs. close was flawed, but what irked me the most was the animations. At point blank, people would do the same ducking manuever that they do from far awaay. The problem is, at close range they would duck after already being hit.

I thought the system for ranged vs. close was flawed, but what irked me the most was the animations.  At point blank, people would do the same ducking manuever that they do from far awaay.  The problem is, at close range they would duck after already being hit.

;) and the stupid slow idiotic little duck wouldnt avoid s*** :)