My dilemma

Ok. Here are my starting desires.

1. I want to start off as light side.

2. I want to start off as a consular.

Problems

1. Light side consular was not as fun in KOTOR.

2. Are there any exciting lightside force powers we've heard of that we can use in battle? Or are they all passive like sight?

I guess I could start out light side guardian and then go darkside consular but I want to start out light side to sort of get it out of the way kind of thing. Any ideas for my problems?

Ok.  Here are my starting desires.

1.  I want to start off as light side.

2.  I want to start off as a consular.

Problems

1.  Light side consular was not as fun in KOTOR.

2.  Are there any exciting lightside force powers we've heard of that we can use in battle?  Or are they all passive like sight?

I guess I could start out light side guardian and then go darkside consular but I want to start out light side to sort of get it out of the way kind of thing.  Any ideas for my problems?

Afraid not, but with all them new force powers and a few people whineing about LS powers being a little gay, Im sure something will have been done :lol:

Problems

2.  Are there any exciting lightside force powers we've heard of that we can use in battle?  Or are they all passive like sight?

I guess I could start out light side guardian and then go darkside consular but I want to start out light side to sort of get it out of the way kind of thing.  Any ideas for my problems?

Afraid not, but with all them new force powers and a few people whineing about LS powers being a little gay, Im sure something will have been done :blink:

Battle Medditation. I think it is Universal

Problems

Afraid not, but with all them new force powers and a few people whineing about LS powers being a little gay, Im sure something will have been done :blink:

Battle Medditation. I think it is Universal

Yeah, Bastilla used it both LS and DS in the first game if you remember

Nope, Im fairly sure Battle Meditation is LS. They have equivalent powers for DS.

they do? :blink:

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Yeah force rage is something different. Cuz in the Jedi Knight series it gives you speed and other bonuses at the expense of health. I think Battle meditation is Universal. I don't think BM will be used as a buff for your party either. Maybe if Your PC has BM then certain big conflicts on planets will change or something. Thus I think BM will be more for changing the way the story plays out.

Why would i want my health to be 4 when i'm fighting 4 people and it rage only lasted for a few seconds, one strick i'm dead, it was such a stupid force power and i never used in JA.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Problems

It's kind of strange that you want to be light side and a consular if that apparently wasn't fun. There will surely be new powers for both light and dark, so you can count on it being better than KOTOR 1. Don't expect any offensive powers, though. There were no offensive light side powers in KOTOR 1 for a reason.

And yeah, Dark Rage sounds bad. It was bad in JA, and it sounds bad here. So many games have a berserk or rage or something, and it's always dumb.

It's kind of strange that you want to be light side and a consular if that apparently wasn't fun. There will surely be new powers for both light and dark, so you can count on it being better than KOTOR 1. Don't expect any offensive powers, though. There were no offensive light side powers in KOTOR 1 for a reason.

And yeah, Dark Rage sounds bad. It was bad in JA, and it sounds bad here. So many games have a berserk or rage or something, and it's always dumb.

What about the berserk for Wolverine in the X-Men game for Sega Genesis? That was awesome.

Lightside Consular works out because you end up with so much FP that you can afford the alignment penalties when using the Darkside powers. Plus you have to use more strategy in combat. You can't just spam force powers or jump in and slice everyone into pieces.

Speaking of force rage there is a new screenshot on the LA site but i think i have seen it somewhere b4.

post-1139-1094291328_thumb.jpg

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

that might be rage but i thought it was force sight bein used idk maybe Battle meditation. i always thought battle meditation would suck to have cuz bastilla always had to sit and she couldnt fight when she was using it

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Any way back on topic.

I like consular, i used that class most often.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I prefer the Jedi Guardian as it is the only class i ever use. Besides that, the Consular and Sentinel hav more force powers and force points, but whats the point of them if three quarters of the time (even low level grunts can do this too often) the enemies resist the force powers used gainst them. I can understand this for force users, but low level sith soldiers. This is something i would like to see fixed, force powers being more effective.

When i made my last post, i meant about powers that effect or damge enemies, such as choke or death field. They always seem to be resisted, even by normal sith troopers who hav no command of the force.

It just does not make sense does it, that low level troopers can resist force attacks so often.

When i made my last post, i meant about powers that effect or damge enemies, such as choke or death field.  They always seem to be resisted, even by normal sith troopers who hav no command of the force.

It just does not make sense does it, that low level troopers can resist force attacks so often.

yes it doesnt make any sense...but I hope that they just make it so that they just dont get hurt as much not "imune".

I prefer the Jedi Guardian as it is the only class i ever use. Besides that, the Consular and Sentinel hav more force powers and force points, but whats the point of them if three quarters of the time (even low level grunts can do this too often) the enemies resist the force powers used gainst them. I can understand this for force users, but low level sith soldiers. This is something i would like to see fixed, force powers being more effective.

Did u put points into Wisdom and Charisma as these greatly helped with ur force powers?

I might start of Sentinel in this game just for the skill points, but I agree offensive force powers were cheap, that's why I just buffed myself up with the defensive ones. :(