A Rakata as one of your party members.

Maybe it is just me but I believe that the Rakata was the coolest alien race in KOTOR and probably out of the whole SW universe. Rodians or over-used, Twileks are overused, please no Selkath....

I don't know how or why but I believe it would be great to have a Rakata as one of your party members that you can possibly pick up. I just liked the Rakata especially their African sounding voice, they did sound like Africans. I think that is really cool.

They are really smart (Reminds me of the Acient Aztecs), they have a deep history, and advanced in technology. Oh...and they have a cool voice :lol:. The Elders, the One, it doesn't matter what type it is. Just as long as it is a Rakata.

What about you guys?

Maybe it is just me but I believe that the Rakata was the coolest alien race in KOTOR and probably out of the whole SW universe. Rodians or over-used, Twileks are overused, please no Selkath....

I don't know how or why but I believe it would be great to have a Rakata as one of your party members that you can possibly pick up. I just liked the Rakata especially their African sounding voice, they did sound like Africans. I think that is really cool.

They are really smart (Reminds me of the Acient Aztecs), they have a deep history, and advanced in technology. Oh...and they have a cool voice :lol:. The Elders, the One, it doesn't matter what type it is. Just as long as it is a Rakata.

What about you guys?

Just kill me now would you? <_<

Maybe, it'd be intresting, to say the very least. It'd be tough to pull off; Zaalbar, for instance, wasn't done very well, in my honest opinion, and therefore I only ever used him two or three times; this is including all the times I played through the game. Not really because he was a bad in terms of usefullness within the games battles and stuff, but rather because he wasn't really intresting as a character, even when you had his whole sidequest thingamajiger on Kashyyk. In my opinion anyways.

Rakatan's are awesome though, and I wouldn't mind seeing them again in KOTOR 2.

rakatans would definitely be an intriguing choice. they're certainly more interesting than selkaths, wookies, rodians etc. And I agree, the aztek analogy was a good one for...the one.

however...an elder in this case make for a more interesting npc. perhaps as a non-jedi advisor type? Maybe not so much a playable npc as one you'd bring along on the ebon hawk to reveal more of the protaganist's journey along the way? A cross between a master vandar, jolee, and...egads! deckard cain? :)

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

And I agree, the aztek analogy was a good one for...the one.

Man, that analogy is so wrong is so many ways. Do you see the Rak playing a friendly game of ball between tribes, where the losers are beheaded, their decapitated heads wrapped in bandages and used for the ball next time around...do you see the bloody Rak making living sacrifices to the sun, ripping the still beating heart of the chosen victim out, and draining it of blood before their eyes?!! Pfft! I think not! <_< The Aztecs were much cooler, and more blood thirsty. B)

big fat NO

there are many many other races in SW.

Yes there are many other races in SW but why always use the same ones over?

I would say the Rakata either the One or Elders were the most interesting alien race in the game. The Twileks are always used, they tried to hard to base Zalbaar off of Chewie, Rodians/Greedos are always used in SW games, Ithorians are cool, but too wimpy, Jawas are to weak, Tusken Raiders are also cool but too wild, the Selkath were cool but too annoying.

I mean tell me one single alien race in KOTOR that was deeper then the Rakata's? The Rakata go back way before the Republic even existed, they are very smart and create great technological things not just things like the Star Forge, but remember that prison that the Rakata was in when you opened the metal box that the Rodian on Manaan gave you? That place was so unique. No other alien race in KOTOR could create the things that the Rakata did, no other alien race in KOTOR went back way before the Republic like the Rakata did.

They are just cool species and I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be a good idea. I mean try something different for a change and get away from the cliche things.

Maybe its just me, like I said. I guess I'm just too much of an open-minded person who likes to explore/try new things, maybe I don't like to limit myself to the smallest possiblities. But having a Rakata as a party member would be cool.

Because they are retarded and looking at then actually given me a headache?

There is nothing "cool" about the Vorg wannabes ...

If retarded means being one of the if not THE smartest alien race in SW that dates back to times before the Republic and creating many technological things....if that is retarded then I don't mind....they can be retarded. But atleast they have a deepr history then any other alien race. Atleast they can create more unique things then any other alien race. :wacko: Again, they can be retarded if thats what it means.

Like I said, I'm jost too much of a person liking to expore new things rather to be confinded to the normal. But Rakata's would make a great party member.

Mark my words.....

rakata_model.jpg

Bah, BioWare just used the ancient race that predated the Republic and created the hyperdrives before they all died from a rebellion or something.

They are not "cool", they have a backstory because its the only race they give some back story ... they could not mess around with established races since LA is not WotC.

I take any of the other less anoying to my eyes races that this one, I am NOT joking about looking at then for extended time given me a headache ... the less I seen of then the better.

drakron.png

Bah, BioWare just used the ancient race that predated the Republic and created the hyperdrives before they all died from a rebellion or something.

They are not "cool", they have a backstory because its the only race they give some back story ... they could not mess around with established races since LA is not WotC.

I take any of the other less anoying to my eyes races that this one, I am NOT joking about looking at then for extended time given me a headache ... the less I seen of then the better.

Well there you have it! That what makes the Rakata so cool, they go back before the republic and is really smart! :wacko:

You make it seem like it isn't nothing as it was just something that Bioware came up with to just come up with. Well if that is the story then I guess you can say the same about everything else KOTOR, Bioware just came up with the Star Maps/Star Forge to just have something to create a story around. Bioware just came up with Revan/Malak to just have villians to be in a story (And yet people label these two as some of the top Sith of all time), Bioware just came up with with the Ebon Hawk just to have a means of transportation, Bioware just came up with having the Republic vs the Sith to just have an protagonist vs antagonist storyline, Bioware just came up with your party members....so that you'll have some party members. I can go on and on and on and on forever man! :lol:

Yes Bioware just came up out of the blue about the Rakata and making them have all these ablities but they also came up with other aspects of the story. Its called story development things to enhance/progress the story and make it deeper and give you a better insight on the SW Universe as a whole.

The Rakata is a unique race, simple as that. :)

Oh and No! The Rakata isn't the only race that Bioware gave a backstory to. Juhani's race the Cathar had a backstory as she explained it.

And even if the Rakata WAS the only race in KOTOR to have a backstory, that doesn't take away from their uniqueness. They are still cool and unique cause they story dates back to when time was created.

They did not come up, that race the is responcible for the widespread of Hyperdrives technology already existed.

They come up with the Star Forge that is just another "superweapon of the week".

Malak is "Jonny Quest villain" a 2d character with a evil laughter ... if people saying he is one of the top Sith they are idiots I dont even go about what Revan is ...

Rakata are anoying to my eyes, I certainly will NOT play a game with something that gives me a headache, this obssesion with KotOR plot devices is anoying ... what next?

A new version of the Star Forge?

drakron.png

Rakata were a plot device, someone had to build the Star Force.

The other races are mostly "eye candy", they serve nothing except "oh alien" (and hearing the same line over and over again until we are driven insane).

The Rakata are not much of a part of star wars, we can do away with the aliens races because they are background and serve nothing except eye candy.

Rakata and their voices are anoying, at least the other races are capable of human speech and dont force us to listen to the same 5 lines over and over again.

drakron.png

I agree with Tyrell, it would be cool to at least see the Rakata again, if not have them join your party. They had an interesting heritige and displayed an obvious prowess for technology. I can't see how you wouldn't want one around!!! And just becaue Bioware created their backstory means nothing. They have to get approval from Lucasarts to put any new race, location, weapon into KOTOR. And guess who LucasArts has to answer to????

The SW universe is diverse enough that we should expect to see different races in action, not the same ones recycled over and again. I'm tired of seeing hutts, jawas, and rodians everywhere I turn.

In fact, why stop there? I would like to see a male Cathar. Juhani was a cool character, but at the same time she did get on my nerves. Make a Gamorrean playable. Maybe an Ewok. The sky is the limit and that's the beauty of the SW Universe.

I don't think Tyrell was trying to say that the Rakatans are as bloodthirsty as the Aztecs. He was tring to say (correct me if I'm wrong T) that they're alike because at first they both seem really primitive, but at closer inspection you realize that they are far more advanced then you would have ever imagined.

big fat NO

there are many many other races in SW.

Yes there are many other races in SW but why always use the same ones over?

allright. let me rephrase that one:

there are many other races in SW that haven't been used very often and are very interesting. according to my last count, there are 1053 alien races in SW

enough to choose from.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

Maybe its just me, like I said. I guess I'm just too much of an open-minded person who likes to explore/try new things, maybe I don't like to limit myself to the smallest possiblities.

:)

You just don't know when to stop, do you, mr 'theforce.net'.