Do we want to see Revan killed off in KOTOR2

• 4 weeks later...

The way I would like to see Revan in the sequel is by being able to communicate with him via the force. Somehow this game has given me the feeling that your character is somehow connected to Revan.

So when you finally meet him he could join your group (if on the same side) or you end up trying to convice him to change his alliance or simply kill him.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

And kudos to those who got the thread back on topic.

No, I don't want Revan killed off in K2, unless it was just supremely well done.

I think that if revan is in the game they should kill him off by letting him sacrafice himself to save the PC insome way maybe early on in the game (saying he is LS) or maybe kill him off at the end of the game, make him the final battle because that would work regaurdless of alignment.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I hate that idea. :angry:

I think Revan should indeed have a small role in the new game, and have a little something about what happened after he went to Korriban ofcourse depending on if he went ls/ds path and then go do whatever he's doing somewhere else.

The new game is about your new character.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think that if revan is in the game they should kill him off by letting him sacrafice himself to save the PC insome way maybe early on in the game (saying he is LS) or maybe kill him off at the end of the game, make him the final battle because that would work regaurdless of alignment.

What they could do for DSRevan being killed is hav him fighting the most powerful of the sith lords for the mantle of the sith lord.

(These r my ideas from a previous post)

1)He saves u from a Sith Lord, but gets killed in the process. He sacrifices himself to save you. (if Revan is ls)

2)He continues to aid u, and eventually becomes a memeber of the jedi council (if Revan is ls)

3)He reclaims the mantle of Sith Lord, with you as his new apprentice (if Revan is ds)

4)He gets mortally wounded in a battle against one of the sith lords, and names you the succesor to the mantle of Sith Lord, and makes you swear vengeance for him, againmst the sith lord that killed him (If Revan is ds)

And kudos to those who got the thread back on topic.

Yes Kudos

No, I don't want Revan killed off in K2, unless it was just supremely well done.

Same here. Though i would prefer Revan not be killed off.

If he is, it should be done in a very dramactic and spectacular way.

I'm sorry but I don't like any of those ideas

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think whatever Obsidian does regarding Revan, it's going to make someone unhappy. :)

There's so much potential for screw-up here, with a loved (by some) protagonist, who had no set voice, appearance, class or gender appearing in a continuation of his/her story, and not being controlled by the player.

I feel confident that MCA & co. can create something that can at least the majority of players. At least....I hope so.

Basically it would be a good idea for your character in a way to choose Revans' role in TSL.

So Obsidian avoids being blamed afterwards :)

Ya i hope you're right

Like you said its got the potential to really irritate some fans.

Oh crap DS Luke, limey brits dam them all

Ya I don't think if they have talked about making sure what you did on the last game count on this game then they wouldn't just kill Revan....

but you never know what evil lurkes in the minds of game devs

For Revan to become a ghost means that he has to be killed. :angry:

And the only person that should be given that chance should be your pc in TSL, (better let him leave show some mercy for the poor fella)

I think it would be only right if Revan did meet his true end in KotOR 2. My new character being the cause of his eradication, of course. Why you ask? (or don't ask <_< ) Because I just can't see Revan making an appearance in KotOR 3. I don't think whoever makes the third one will have much reason to keep Revan in the series. Look at it this way, in KotOR 2, you'll be asked what you did in the first game, to make the experience unique to you. I don't think KotOR 3 is going to go as far as asking you what you did in the first and second game in so many questions. Who knows, though. It'd just make more sense to close Revan's chapter in KotOR 2 ... at least to me.

I really don't want my character in KotOR 3 to meet Revan's kids or a crusty old version of Revan. It'd just be lame, IMO. Besides, I'd rather have my new character be the cause of Revan's demise instead of well .... anyone else I can think of. Why should some Ewok get the joy of killing off a character that I worked so hard to create and became attached to? And for that matter, I'd rather meet Revan in conflict, than to just "hear of what became of him". It'd be more fullfilling to me.

The way I look at it, they could go tons of different ways with Revan. If you made him Dark Side, and your new character is Dark Side, you'd probably have a battle over who is the better Sith. If you made him Light Side, they'd probably have him killed off by Darth Scion, while trying to help you and your party. Or, Revan could be Dark Side, and you Light Side, and you clash. Or, they could simply reveal what happened or may have happened to Revan through Bastilla Shan. (Maybe she shows up, and explains what happened to Revan to you.) Or some other party member of the past game. (If it's anyone other than Bastilla, I'd place my bet on Jolee Bindo or HK-47 telling the tale.)

I'd be happy if Revan met his/her finish vs. my new character. Because I'd be the cause of my old character's death. The only other person I'd accept handing Revan his/her fate would be Darth Scion. Because if they used Scion to kill Revan, they could do it in both a Dark Side and Light Side story that would motivate my new character to want to destroy him to show my superiority in the Force, or to end his tyranny.Whatever's clever.

Regardless of the above, they'll do with Revan what they will, and I'm pretty sure that I'll love it no matter what they do. As long as Revan doesn't turn out to be eaten by a Bantha and made into poodoo, I'll be fine.

Just my 2 credits.

As long as Revan goes out in a blaze of glory, perhaps a warriors death, then I will be happy....especially if they show it in a cg cutscene with some lightsaber battles!

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

(Just a theory for fun)

What if Revan turned out to be Darth Sion? As a lightside character at the end of KotOR, Revan fell in love with Bastila, and when the Sith came back strong he and Bastila went to fight them. Bastila was killed horribly in an explosion, and Revan was badly injured while trying to save her. He is so grief-stricken that he goes to the darkside, again, and becomes Darth Sion. Or as a darksider, he was injured in a battle with the Republic while continuing his conquest. The fact that he is still alive proves he is worthy to be the Dark Lord of the Sith. In KotOR 2 you kill him no matter what side you're on.

If Revan was a woman in your game, something similar happened and the result was Darth Sion... maybe? (tough to immagine, I know, but like I said this is just for fun.) Or maybe Darth Sion's gender depends on your Revan. You are led to belive that Revan was male until you find out who Revan is in KotOR, so maybe it's the same with Darth Sion. We get the male, promo version until the game comes out.

But pointless speculation aside, if Revan will die, I want to be the one to do it. I'll settle for a grandiose(sp) sacrifice as metioned by others, but I would rather my last game was killed by my own hand.

Personnely, i do not want to see Revan killed off. He was my favourite character (along with Bastila and Jolee) out of the original. I think that even after KOTOR2, he will still have a role to play, (even if it is just another cameo).

Anyway, what do u all think?

There has been some speculation about this. Some hav said yes he will, some had said no he wont.

Not killed off, but just not really appearing. I'd just rather they have him stay on his mystery journey in the Unknowns.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)