Do we want to see Revan killed off in KOTOR2

Revan's death would be tied to the role he has to play in TSL. If he/she were to die it could be associated with the alignment you choose for the ending of the original game.

If you choose Revan Dark Side, Revan might show up as the ultimate Sith Lord in the game.

If you choose Light Side, Revan might die in the end sacrificing him/herself to save everyone else.

I don't know if KotOR 2 will have more than just 2 endings, LS and DS, as the first. I do hope it has more and with fair difference depending on the choices you make.

While a DS Revan fight would be intriguing and a LS Revan sacrifice would be tragic and heroic I would also hope for the possibility that Revan doesn't die. Revan was an extremely well developed character and I would be disappointed to see that my long effort in redeeming him just resulted in an inevitable death.

All would be cool and interesting in their own right, but if asked to choose my preference for Revan's fate, I hope he/she lives.

Yeah, it's going to be hard for me to accept our new PC as being stronger than Revan.  How can an exiled Jedi be stronger than a sith lord?

About the whole stronger then Revan thingy, I don't think our new PC was stronger then Revan during the Mandalorian wars but there's no reason why they might not discover some hidden talent and become stronger in the force then was Revan eventually.

But remeber that strenth is not only about who's the most powerful in the force it's also about how you develop that talent and apply that knowledge (eg. while Anakin/Darth Vader might have been the strongest Jedi/Sith in history the Emperor always was more powerful). And then there's also the other side of strength that has nothing to do with force ability and everything with force of personality and that is the one area where I don't think our new PC can ever hope to beat Revan.

dude let the old boy live, we might run into his children ;)

I detect a plot angle for KOTOR 3 coming up here (albeit a fairly lame one).

Yeah, it's going to be hard for me to accept our new PC as being stronger than Revan.  How can an exiled Jedi be stronger than a sith lord?

About the whole stronger then Revan thingy, I don't think our new PC was stronger then Revan during the Mandalorian wars but there's no reason why they might not discover some hidden talent and become stronger in the force then was Revan eventually.

But remeber that strenth is not only about who's the most powerful in the force it's also about how you develop that talent and apply that knowledge (eg. while Anakin/Darth Vader might have been the strongest Jedi/Sith in history the Emperor always was more powerful). And then there's also the other side of strength that has nothing to do with force ability and everything with force of personality and that is the one area where I don't think our new PC can ever hope to beat Revan.

dude let the old boy live, we might run into his children ;)

I detect a plot angle for KOTOR 3 coming up here (albeit a fairly lame one).

post-1139-1094296150.gif

Haha.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Thx for all ur posts, keep em coming.

Sorry about going over the top with the whole world mourning him thing (yes i am obessed with KOTOR2, why do u think i called myself a fanactic).

Anyway, if Revan does die (pls dont let him die), it should indeed be in a brilliant and spectacular way, as many have posted on my topic. He should either sacrifice himself to save evry1 (lighside) or die fighting a sith lord for control of the galaxy (darkside). I realise these ideas hav been posted already, but they r good ideas.

Still, heres hoping he doesnt die, but if he does, u could still see him as a spirit, much like obiwankenobi in episodes 4, 5, 6. (Just an idea for KOTOR3 or even KOTOR2)

Edited by KOTORFanactic

May i ask eddo, what is the problem u hav with a female Revan. I've never played as a female Revan in the original and problably never will, but that doesn't mean that I am not happy with a female Revan. Some would want a female Revan, and I would not question their decision. Still i am not u, and u r entitled to ur own opinions.

Back to topic, if Revan does indeed die, my question is what will happen to Bastila. (if she is in KOTOR2) Will she join u, seeking justice (lightside), or vengeance (darkside) for her fallen friend (possibly lover) (lightside) or for her fallen master (even though she would one day challenge Revan) (darkside).

Another question is if he dies (lets hope not) will he still hav a role to play in the game (and maybe even KOTOR3).

Edited by KOTORFanactic

This question is actually related to another post I made in the Revan topic. What if Revan is alive, but circumstances in the game force us to kill him? I think that would royally suck, but at the same time, if Revan has to die, there would be better closure if we're the one's that have to strike him down. I would have preferred to see the Prodigal Knight become a member of the Jedi Council, but he'd be far too dangerous to leave as a loose cannon in the galaxy at large if he did fall to the Dark Side (again! -_- ).

This question is actually related to another post I made in the Revan topic. What if Revan is alive, but circumstances in the game force us to kill him? I think that would royally suck, but at the same time, if Revan has to die, there would be better closure if we're the one's that have to strike him down. I would have preferred to see the Prodigal Knight become a member of the Jedi Council, but he'd be far too dangerous to leave as a loose cannon in the galaxy at large if he did fall to the Dark Side (again! -_- ).

pfft Revans the top boy!! They couldnt kill him even if they wanted to! Malak tried that a good few times and look where that got him :ph34r:

Back to topic, if Revan does indeed die, my question is what will happen to Bastila. (if she is in KOTOR2) Will she join u, seeking justice (lightside), or vengeance (darkside) for her fallen friend (possibly lover) (lightside) or for her fallen master (even though she would one day challenge Revan) (darkside).

Another question is if he dies (lets hope not) will he still hav a role to play in the game (and maybe even KOTOR3).

wow good post i agreepost-4006-1094327883.gif thought the post.

Yeah, on the leviathan, Bastila buys u the time to escape (since u r not yet powerful enough to beat Malak), and in the battle on the starforge, u hav become 2 strong for Malak, so he needs to recharge 9 times (unless u absorb the jedi for urself, which is darkside, or use destroy droid to prevent his recharge and restore ur force points, which is lightside).

It is as if fate keeps Revan alive, like he has a future role in the galaxy after KOTOR.

Perhaps Revan is fated to remain alive throughout KOTOR2 and beyond. I think he is just 2 important of a character to kill. He seems to become an almost god like image to some (such as me).

Yeah, on the leviathan, Bastila buys u the time to escape (since u r not yet powerful enough to beat Malak), and in the battle on the starforge, u hav become 2 strong for Malak, so he needs to recharge 9 times (unless u absorb the jedi for urself, which is darkside, or use destroy droid to prevent his recharge and restore ur force points, which is lightside).

Not powerful enough to defeat Malak on the Leviathan? Hell I was kicking his ass and thought I was gonna kill Malak right then and there until stupid Bastilla suddenly shouts "For the Jedi!" rushes in and stops it and the door closes, and I was like "GODDAMNIT!"

Not powerful enough to defeat Malak on the Leviathan? Hell I was kicking his ass and thought I was gonna kill Malak right then and there until stupid Bastilla rushes in and stops it.

yup, that whole bastilla sacrificing herself was just to introduce us to malak in person but keep the story going -_- because just remember if we had *and i know everyone could have* killed him there that would have been the end of the game in many ways :)

Not powerful enough to defeat Malak on the Leviathan? &^!* I was kicking his ^%$ and thought I was gonna kill Malak right then and there until stupid Bastilla rushes in and stops it.

yes i was to at that point i was almost there but nooo bastala had to barge in there when he had 10 hits left(i think). but some caritors would have harder time... -_-

I'm not sexist or anything, but there is a reason why women aren't allowed to serve in combat positions of today's military. I understand that men and women are equal, but they are not equivilent. That's the reason.

Not wanting to get into an argument over today's military, a couple of things... Revan was a Jedi to start out with, and a Jedi really has a) no equivalent in our world what with the super Force powers, and is a mixture of military/police/arbitrator, and B) super Force powers that are gender neutral. And when Revan was instrumental in a war before falling to the Dark Side, it was as a tactician on board a starship, not as a front line trooper. Again, gender neutral and only an issue if people choose to make it so. I'd like to think along with all the advanced technology in the Star Wars universe there is also a more advanced society, at least in the Republics both Old and New. An advanced society that bases all individuals on their own merit and not whole brushstrokes based on gender.

I'm not sexist or anything, but there is a reason why women aren't allowed to serve in combat positions of today's military. I understand that men and women are equal, but they are not equivilent. That's the reason.

Not wanting to get into an argument over today's military, a couple of things... Revan was a Jedi to start out with, and a Jedi really has a) no equivalent in our world what with the super Force powers, and is a mixture of military/police/arbitrator, and B) super Force powers that are gender neutral. And when Revan was instrumental in a war before falling to the Dark Side, it was as a tactician on board a starship, not as a front line trooper. Again, gender neutral and only an issue if people choose to make it so. I'd like to think along with all the advanced technology in the Star Wars universe there is also a more advanced society, at least in the Republics both Old and New. An advanced society that bases all individuals on their own merit and not whole brushstrokes based on gender.

Okay lets not get into this whole male/female thing again, its been done a million times before and no good has ever come out of it! Revan could be either male or female! that aint gonna change, Revan is in the eye of the beholder! get it :blink: sheesh

Okay lets not get into this whole male/female thing again, its been done a million times before and no good has ever come out of it! Revan could be either male or female! that aint gonna change, Revan is in the eye of the beholder! get it sheesh

Seconded. I must say (only my second day) i am already starting to get sick of this male/female thing. Wouldn't u choose Revan's gender in KOTOR2 during the Q&A at the start.

Lets just stay on topic people.

Edited by KOTORFanactic