NO More Mythological Force Thingys!

NO more drawing on something else for force power (Like Star Forge)...

NO Resurection of Ancient Sith (Like in 'Jedi Academy')...

NO Force Septors (Again 'Jedi Academy')

NO 'Hidden Valley' (Guess)

etc

Please do not include anything about the Force that wasn't developed in the movies.

NO more drawing on something else for force power (Like Star Forge)...

NO Resurection of Ancient Sith (Like in 'Jedi Academy')...

NO Force Septors (Again 'Jedi Academy')

NO 'Hidden Valley' (Guess)

etc

Please do not include anything about the Force that wasn't developed in the movies.

the hidden valley thing kicked ass, the jedi academy story was stupid though

the old dark forces games are way better than the new ones.

Unless its cool.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Wouldn't that be difficult...given that the movies take place thousands of years later.

One of the good things about setting the game thousands of years earlier is the elimination of creative restrictions.

We all have those, they are actually symbiotes.

Problem with the midichlorians for me is that it makes remenber Aya Brea shower scene :wub: ... not its a bad thing but ...

Rip off Square is bad.

You mean mitochondria?

Nothing like cellular respiration!

You mean like Obi Force Ghost?

What I mean is don't try to add some bizarre new trait where the Sith Lord draws on something else to make him/her so incredibly powerful that he/she is 'the most powerful ever' for doing so (ie Jedi Academ). I'm happy with just semi-powerful bad guys that draw on there own dark side powers. After all, I hold Palpatine in high regard, and to have them try to overshadow his power, and then have to easily defeat him...pathetic. Don't try to make the antagonist so powerful that by defeating him you become the most powerful jedi ever. It just seems to take away from the 'larger' story.

You mean you want to hear more about midichlorians? They make force-sensivity sound like you have parasites. Parasites who "speak" to you...

Stick to the force being mythic and mysterious, not some blood parasite side-effect.

In point of fact, my urgent appeal to Obsidian:

NOTHING IN THE PREQUELS HAPPENED. NOTHING. THERE IS ONLY ONE STAR WARS TRILOGY.

The less KOTOR II draws from the 'prequels', the better.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

NOTHING IN THE PREQUELS HAPPENED. NOTHING. THERE IS ONLY ONE STAR WARS TRILOGY.

The less KOTOR II draws from the 'prequels', the better.

Actually, nothing did happen. It was just a few hours of CGI.

But yeah, don't include anything developed about the force from the prequels.

I agree with pretty much everything in this thread regarding not "adding" anything to what's already been said about the Force and Force usage in Eps. IV - VI. Anything that robs an inherently mystical energy of that mysticism is bad, in my humble opinion. Don't believe me? Watch "Highlander 2".

Ick.

Anyway, The Force is bad enough as is. Instead of inflating it with escalating factors, let's just use what's already there. There is plenty to go around!

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

I wonder what Lucas was thinking when he decided to contradict himself from the origional trilogy. In the first movies the force was a mystical energy that bound the galaxy together and grew with life. Then in the prequels the force has to do with biology and mediclorian count in the blood stream....George Lucas....if you ever grace these boards, and happen to see this.....please please please don't do anything stupid like EP1 and 2 again...and if it's not too late...please make E3 not horrible. Also try to keep making games like KOTOR and KOTOR 2 that don't suck.

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder what Lucas was thinking when he decided to contradict himself from the origional trilogy. In the first movies the force was a mystical energy that bound the galaxy together and grew with life. Then in the prequels the force has to do with biology and mediclorian count in the blood stream....

As a random sidenote, FWIW, the Force still was the energy binding the galaxy together. The midiclorian counts et al. were only the enabling factor for the person to hear and control the energies.

No.

Lucas only put that scne to show how the Jedi were locating possible force users, people that have a strong force potencial have higher counts.

That's it, people just read too much into that scene for their own good.

drakron.png

Back to the artifacts thing, the good thing about the time frame of KOTOR is that they can have the actual sith lords around and people making what would later become artifacts. The sith power was described as being sorta dark magic with potions and strange contraptions. In this, artifacts fit in perfectly.

No.

Lucas only put that scne to show how the Jedi were locating possible force users, people that have a strong force potencial have higher counts.

That's it, people just read too much into that scene for their own good.

Agreed; it was only one scene that people blew out of proportion.

In truth, Ep. 1 & Ep. 2 didn't really "add anything" to the Force that wasn't really established in Ep. 4-6.

I wish people would quit slamming the prequels.

Back to the artifacts thing, the good thing about the time frame of KOTOR is that they can have the actual sith lords around and people making what would later become artifacts. The sith power was described as being sorta dark magic with potions and strange contraptions. In this, artifacts fit in perfectly.

Hmm, that is a very interesting point. It'd be interesting to see something 'old' like that from the EU show up as 'new' in a game set this far back. :)