What kinds of relationships would you like to see?

Kudos to the rivalry idea. I like it.

I'd like player initiated dialogue AND NPC initiated dialogue. In KotOR they half did this; after a while, it would prod you to talk to someone, but that's not them initiating anything. I'm sure the blow it off or push it til later buttons would be there.

That reminds me - in the first game, you can blow someone off but you never get to even suggest they say it again. I don't like this; it's bad gameplay and it's unrealistic. When you say, "not right now," it shouldn't mean, "never speak to me again, A-hole. Screw off."

Even better, I'd like down time - designated areas where characters talk down-time things, and more active areas where they say active things - stop searching through my pockets (ToB reference), you always do this wrong in combat, etc.

"action" dialogue would be a good point to have rivalry, as well - kill counts, point scoring for different hits, etc. That would be a great way to add meaning to the action, and meaning to the, "You always cover my back" statements from every side that are inevitable. It would also be comic relief, though I'm sure some players would just be annoyed by it. The option would still be there to cancel dialogue, though.

NPC banter should be completely skippable.

That's all.

As someone else already said - more relationships / conversation between the Party NPCs.

I guess it's a bit tricky because the devs can't predict which characters your'll spent most of your time with, but in KoTOR I kept changing the group I took out, just to see them interact - and for the most part, nothing happened.

(Whereas in BG2 - this was quite entertaining)

Oh - also as mentioned already it would be nice to form more of a relationship with non Party NPCs. Whether they be the enemy or whatever... in KoTOR you tended to ditch any NPC that couldn't travel with you fairly quickly.

I have faith that MCA is probably already pretty onto this kind of thing though. B)

I'd like a:

Bumbling sidekick

Virtuous love interest

Wise man who knows all but tells nothing

Rival who falls to the darkness but you end up redeeming

Sycophant that ends up betraying you

[insert other stereotypical character]

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Hey guys do any of you remember Morte from Planescape Torment? I think a comic relief character would be appropriate, but what was so interesting about Morte was that he had a past, and you learned more about your relationship with him as time went on. Plus he was funny... who can argue with that?

Thats what T3 is for! I mean that guy is comedy central! I am so glad he is coming back in KOTOR 2. <_< :angry:

Cheers!

:/ I was kind of hoping they'd improve that guy somehow.

Hey, I know what they should do! We need a gay robot romance interest! Woo-hoo! beep-doo-boop, baby! Blatant, tactless, ego-filled come-on's as well.

I know I'm not the first one to suggest it. Seriously, dev's, answer our prayer's!

(Now that I mentioned "gay", let the flame wars begin. Sigh.)

Rivalry would be interesting, I think. So would the sibling idea, it'd be nice if there was something that would build you up to meeting up with him or her, but I think that they'd need to put some sort of twist in there. Something like they're moving to the dark side or they're dying after you've finally found them and you were really excited to meet them again.

Rivalry would be interesting, I think. So would the sibling idea, it'd be nice if there was something that would build you up to meeting up with him or her, but I think that they'd need to put some sort of twist in there. Something like they're moving to the dark side or they're dying after you've finally found them and you were really excited to meet them again.

Quite intruiging, that would fit good in the Star Wars universe IMO.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

An interesting part in KOTOR 1 was when you lured Juhani to kill the man who have enslaved her at the past.

I'd like to see more on this at KOTOR 2. If you can lure him or her to the Dark or Light sight with your guidance or your abilities that will be great.