Unable to dig up the skeleton in the sandbox

When you begin digging at the spot where the skeleton appears, nothing looks like it has been unearthed (though that’s normal with most dig-able objects), on the second swipe with the black ant shovel a bit of the skeleton is revealed, and the final swipe brings the entire skeleton in view.. for about half a second until it disappears. Lol hope this gets patched soon.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Same issue here. I am playing on steam and am unable to loot the skeleton. I created a new world and confirmed that its a glitch and not my original save file. Right after digging up the skeleton it disappears...leaving no loot behind 😭

• Like 1

Having the same issue here as well.  Confirmed that it affects XBox, Windows and Steam v1.2.4.  I've been playing since early beta and it's extremely annoying after everything to be stuck without one item to get to 100% completion.  Ended up having to beat the AM three times, the IBM and everything in between just to find out that digging up a cassette tape in the sandbox is beyond my teen's abilities.  Any idea when we might see a patch for this glitch (and I don't mind new content at all but can we get the fix first without an impossible new boss to beat so I can get my achievement without having to fight an infected mantis or something)?!

• 2 weeks later...

I encounter the same issue whether I am playing through the PC (via Xbox Game Pass) or on the Xbox Series X. This is preventing me from ever achieving 100% completion. I have put over 150 days into the yard. Hope that a fix doesn't require a full restart, that would be devastating.

+1, also there seems to be an invisible object and some texture tearing underneath the porch near the haze mix.r that wasn’t there before the wasp update. Please patch the skeleton soon, usually you guys are really good about addressing the glitches, I’m surprised this one has been around so long.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't played the game two weeks, since find out i got "skeleton bug", and i guess i missed some patch. Today checked sandbox and skeleton was just chilling on the sand, where it should be at first place. So it fixed for me.

-Hello 

The issue with not being able to properly dig up the skeleton should now be resolved. Please let us know if you're still running into this or any other issue with the game. 

Obsidian Support

Please include the following information:

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam).
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you tell us how many players in total in the game, and their platforms if known)
3. Difficulty level
4. Description of issue.
5. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

Thanks, and have a great day!