What are you Playing Now? - Games don't make you violent, lag does

I got a ps5. I guess I finally get to play bloodborne. 8 years late to the party. 

I was going to get a new board and ram and CPU for my setup, which is pretty badly bottlenecking my rx7900 xtx, but.. ehh. nevermind. It will be fine until there is actually a ddr 5 option that makes sense. 

• Thanks 2

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

19 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

Just to eliminate confusion, I was talking about Wartales. Warband is the new Mount and Blade game. Which is actually really good too. What times we live in!

Oh that was probably autocorrect or my dumb brain.  I was also talking about wartales.  Ballers gate was definitely autocorrect

Edited by Theonlygarby
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

Ah, my bad. I guess the new one is called Bannerlord, which is technically a prequel to Warband? I don't know, I just loot and pillage.

Wait, there's a chronology and a story to the M&B games? I've always just played them as a sandbox, I didn't realize there was any lore.

:shrugz:

Anyway, for years I've been meaning to replay Morrowind. I've been keeping an occasional eye on the OpenMW project and they're currently in the release candidate phase of version 0.48; they're on RC9 at the moment. OpenMW has been at the point where Morrowind is fully playable and basically feature complete with the original game for a while now, 0.48 introduces post processing effects to spiffy up the visuals a bit. Once 0.48 is fully released I'm going back to Vvardenfell.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Story is probably too strong a word for M&B, but there is a backstory to the factions. That being said, Bannerlord does have a bit more of a narrative path that you can follow, and it gives you a family at the start.

Ballers Gate is now the official name.

tile?size=1280x720&format=jpeg&partner=h

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Wait, there's a chronology and a story to the M&B games? I've always just played them as a sandbox, I didn't realize there was any lore.

:shrugz:

I was also unaware.  Aside from the empire used to rule everything and then it broke up, I know nothing... also some sort of folly I need to talk to lords about, so that my flag can be used... to become emperor or not emperor...

As much as I enjoy the game, there is really no narrative aside from that you make up in your head.  I guess that's what mods are for?

wartale stutter a lot after a few hours of playing

does this game have memory leak problem

does anyone know if any merchant sell iron ore in bulk

new equipment for party of 10 take about 200 iron

struggle to find even 50

Edited by uuuhhii

Been playing Last Epoch recently. Diablo-clone. Very much so, outside of the time travelling element in the story, there doesn't seem to be much unique going on for it.

Seems ok enough though, so if that floats your boat, it might be good. It's in Early Access. Also haven't reached late-game yet, so dunno how that'll work.

• Thanks 1

The Tarnishing of Juxtia. It is a Souls-like. The MC is something (a glowing red ball) put into a pile of bandages and told to go and kill a god on the other side of the kingdom. The controls are rebindable, the map is helpful, and the game saves the position on exit. The issue is that I cannot find the list of weapons and their stats. The starting sword seems like a decent and reliable option - average damage and nice moveset, so I spent the limited upgrade materials on it. Also, the game looks gorgeous - clear stylish pixel art and smooth animations.

• Like 1

Solasta is shaping up to be a pretty good game. The turned based combat is made palatable by the fact that there are not that many encounters. Although the story and quest are pretty simple so far, which may not be a bad thing for this game.

• Like 4

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Im about 45 hours into Mafia 3 and Im having a great time, its basically a watered-down version of GTA. But to summarize the aspects I like about it

• The narrative is set  in New Orleans but its called New Bordeaux. I have always wanted to go to New Orleans and Im enjoying the realistic representation of that city and in the game you visit places like the swamps and the French district. And the culture and restaurants are very similar to what you find in Louisiana in 1968  
  • The protagonist is a Vietnam vet and he is also black. The game does an excellent job at capturing themes that existed in that era like racism in the South, Vietnam and other similar things
  • I am really  enjoying the 1960's music when you drive around, I know most of the songs because they timeless classics like " I see a red door " and  Johnny Cash songs 
  • The upgrades to your car and weapons are worthwhile 
  • The consequence to death makes sense, if you die you lose  50% or so of your wealth you carry  but you can bank your wealth. However on missions you cant bank your wealth so you end up not wanting to die because there is reasonable penalty 
  • Im enjoying the overall narrative and people who join you in your quest for vengeance. They all interesting and believable with good side stories 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

image.png.6261782c044c55fe04a243e6b59574d7.png

Kinda enjoy playing rifts on my Stinger, sadly there was the rest of the game to go through to get to the endgame. My initial impression of the Everspace 2 early access from way back when still holds true: game is too long for its own good. Finding secrets is particularily unenjoyable. Not all of them, some are really good, but it is by far and large annoying busywork. The solar flare shadow creature stuff in the final zone was pretty neat, wish there would have been like 80% less secrets but more like that.

Ship balance seems to be pretty whacky. Officially the Stinger is a light vessel, so it should not be able to stay in the thick of it and just tank everything, but in reality, between the perks you can choose for your character and the passives on the Stinger class, well... area of effect disabling on a really short cooldown, massive device (like active skills in other games) damage, greatly reduced device cooldowns, a perk to make you invulnerable to the next four hits after using offensive devices, auto-cloak on shield loss and the ability to recharge shields by using devices, well, the only thing that is going to kill you is making a mistake, like overlooking that Sniper Drone over yonder or ignoring an Okkar Prime Protector for too long.

Well, perhaps I am making this sound a little easier than it is. It is really necessary to properly prioritize targets, kill them quickly enough and be aware of your surroundings enough to know when to use which cooldowns, probably not for everyone. No idea how other ship classes are supposed to do those rifts, though. That time limit really hurts any of the hit and run style ships, although the invulnerability from dps cooldowns and the area of effect disabling device can be used to great effect on every class of ship, the Stinger's -20% device cooldown and 25% shield restore on device use passives really shine in rifts. :yes:

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I started playing Strange Brigade. It's a rather fun 3rd person shooter, even just playing solo, though the game was clearly made for (up to) 4 person co-op. I don't particularly want to play with randos and I don't know anyone else who has the game off the top of my head, so who knows if I will ever get to try out co-op. Either way, I'm enjoying the Allan Quatermain vibe the game has going on. The game looks great and runs like a champ. I mean, it's a 5 year old game, I should hope it's well optimized by now.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Knocking Mafia 3 off my list.  People weren't kidding about the repetition.  Some neat things though, one of the AI enemies ran up and picked up a better weapon, they kept trying to suppress me where I was after I snuck around (ok, this may be a failure).  I do like them announcing "I'm gonna sneak up on him!", very helpful. 

Story is interesting at least - good thing Giorgi didn't follow his dad and Mozambique drill Lincoln, heh.

• Thanks 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Toca Boca. What? Best way to bond with family tree's younglings!  Jeez Louise, I knew "free" mobile games are predatory, but didn't expect them to nickel and dime that bad. 😬 Also how comes EA isn't trying to worm its way into that market? 

The game itself is not much of a game and got me thinking if I should introduce them to Fallout Shelter as a gateway drug.

Just tried the demo for Showgunners. A turn based tactics game a la XCOM, where you play a team in some dystopian death match arena reality show.

Th demo has you at level 13, so you get to be quite awesome at what you do. Seems quite fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

8 hours ago, melkathi said:

Runs without any problems for me, on a pc that struggles with some other modern games.

have graphic much better than recommended 1070

not sure what is the problem

found many other report of crash under different situation too

this is horrible even by paradox launch standard

Edited by uuuhhii

So I went to downtown Tehran and they only ship games now, no more going to the store and picking stuff up. Bad news since I live in a small town 17 kilometers away from Tehran. Turns out the only local gamestore in my town still has an acceptable collection of games on display.

So I asked for Chernobylite(Stalker 2 hard-on?) and they had a used copy.

Can't get past the tutorial...

Is it just me or are games getting more and more...'indie'? Nah, @Malcadorwas right: getting old hurts. Time to bother young people and tell them how everything wrong happening around them is their fault.

• Like 4

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

11 minutes ago, majestic said:

image.png.1aa22373ddf72da6a953a3f1a174af45.png

I figure after three and a half years it should run all right. Got it on the cheap, I guess 13€ is okay. :shrugz:

I had no major issues when I played it. Enjoyed it quite a bit.

• Hmmm 1

47 minutes ago, majestic said:

image.png.1aa22373ddf72da6a953a3f1a174af45.png

I figure after three and a half years it should run all right. Got it on the cheap, I guess 13€ is okay. :shrugz:

I watched a friend play through quite a bit of it. Our consensus was that it was a big sloppy mess that needed hella refinement for it to be even kind of compared to the big boys of the genre, but it still managed to be kind of O.K. even so.

Edited by Bartimaeus
words
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

13 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

it was a big sloppy mess that needed hella refinement for it to be even kind of compared to the big boys of the genre, but it still managed to be kind of O.K. even so.

What are the big boys of the genre? I can’t really think of a classic action adventure like that (combat + platforming + story + puzzles) in recent years. Kena Bridge of Spirits (indie), Arkham games but that’s about it.