Thin font rendering on Windows

Flexorx

Good day!

I understand this may be a pure Electorn issue, but here we are.

This is what a typical Google Keep note looks like in Chrome:

image.png.1adf48db2b473deddc6e05de1e9db056.png

Here it is in OneNote:

image.png.da271c08a93a9f7119ddb27b94350cde.png

Same font (Roboto) and size, but in Obsidian:

image.png.76954599eed97139ce954d4ff180ec2f.png

Closer comparison, top to bottom: Chrome, OneNote, Obsidian:

image.png.e8824705b2b0248b370cce96c3c934c0.png

The Obsidian render is really thin. It makes things hard to read and daily use for otherwise excellent product.

This isn't specific to a font. All fonts look thin in Obsidian. The best looking font there is Comic Sans (I'm not joking) as it is thick enough to remain thick.

This also isn't specific to font color. You can see Google's font isn't 100% #000000 too. (The theme in Obsidian is "Default").

I know the issue with poor font rendering is super-common for Electron, one can find tales about "#fff" for "backgroundColor" and stuff like that to try fixing it. Though, I'm not profficient in its internals to understand how to deal with it.

Are there plans and/or advise to address the issue?

Thanks!

image.png

image.png

Hello,

I think you want Obsidian-md not Obsidian the video game maker?  I moved the thread out of the Grounded (video game) forum, however if I've incorrectly misunderstood and this is relevant to the Grounded game, let me know and I'll move it back.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man