Ukraine Conflict - Continues

Malcador

I'm still not sure why exactly russia would do this, though. Just to be able to blame Ukraine later?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It's almost as if the US is not our friend. Or as much our friend as China, India and Russia.

Europe has been stuck between Scylla and Charybdis for near a century.

Edited by HoonDing
  • Like 3

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Wait, so is the theory now that Russia infiltrated western intelligence sources to plant a story about incompetent Ukrainians blowing Nord Stream up in order to make the media look stupid when it's debunked? The keen Ukrainian amateur enthusiast with access to a hundred+ kg of underwater functioning explosive plus detonators and the ability to professionally forge passports is the equivalent of the Donbass miner building a T-72 in their backyard in 2015 and exactly as believable; and if you go by the media it's certainly not the Russians planting the story it's direct from our old friend anonymous source(s) in western intelligence/ law enforcement.

And of course Lavrov thinks it's bollocks, it's very obviously the work of big p Professionals from an armed or clandestine service and they've already publicly stated it was the Brits. Agreeing with it it would be evidence it was planted, yet if he disagrees with it... yep, still evidence it was planted.

9 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

Wait, so is the theory now that Russia infiltrated western intelligence sources to plant a story about incompetent Ukrainians blowing Nord Stream up in order to make the media look stupid when it's debunked? The keen Ukrainian amateur enthusiast with access to a hundred+ kg of underwater functioning explosive plus detonators and the ability to professionally forge passports is the equivalent of the Donbass miner building a T-72 in their backyard in 2015 and exactly as believable; and if you go by the media it's certainly not the Russians planting the story it's direct from our old friend anonymous source(s) in western intelligence/ law enforcement.

And of course Lavrov thinks it's bollocks, it's very obviously the work of big p Professionals from an armed or clandestine service and they've already publicly stated it was the Brits. Agreeing with it it would be evidence it was planted, yet if he disagrees with it... yep, still evidence it was planted.

I have seen very credible evidence that Greta Thunberg is responsible, you know how she hates fossil fuels 

It makes sense and she lives close to the pipe

• Haha 4

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

https://cepa.org/article/gloom-envelops-putins-tv-propagandists/

This is a definite " BruceVC must read " link about the doom and gloom that is settling into various Russian propagandists like Solovyov and again they create this false narrative that they fighting NATO when in fact they fighting Ukrainians who are  fighting and dying for the right to decide their own destiny 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And utterly dependent on NATO, too.

https://player.simplecast.com/7d305e6e-a72f-402e-94e1-18ea5fad0880

Kofman visited Bakhmut apparently. 

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"His group, whose name translates in English to Law, Respect, Expertise, blames the European Union for soaring energy prices." How about blaming Russia for attacking Ukraine.

"PRO also wants the Czech government to stop taking actions that are intended to reduce misinformation and fake news." Of course, because why would they not. Same old, same old.

Tried to find out how many those were exactly, but it seems like every single article only writes about "thousands of czech" and nothing precise.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2 hours ago, Sarex said:

Not really, here is a photo of typical supporter of these rallies 🤷‍♂️ The number of them on such rallies is always in lower hundreds. This time, there were definitely more people, but now even Czech and Slovak media have benn giving any approximate numbers, which is strange 🤷‍♂️ Czechs are still sane enough. Slovakia on the other hand 🤦‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Some independent russian journalist tried to found out, how mobiks were treated during defense of Kherson and subsequent retreat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

38 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

Not really, here is a photo of typical supporter of these rallies 🤷‍♂️ The number of them on such rallies is always in lower hundreds. This time, there were definitely more people, but now even Czech and Slovak media have benn giving any approximate numbers, which is strange 🤷‍♂️ Czechs are still sane enough. Slovakia on the other hand 🤦‍♂️

Wanna bet, those people were born after 1968?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/3/10/ukraine-says-bakhmut-battle-grinding-down-russias-best-units

Its been a legitimate question for many, " whats the point of trying to hold onto Bakhmut for Ukraine. Its just one small town in a long border war " . It was something I wondered at least. And unlike the Russians the Ukrainians havent been prone to making military decisions, so far, that have been imprudent or led to unnecessary loss of large amounts of life. They have been very strategic throughout this war

Anyway I came across an interview on Al-Jazeera about Bakhmut, in summary Bakhmut is a meatgrinder for Russian forces so that its easier  for a planned Ukrainian offensive in April. Interesting strategy if true because the Russian killed\wounded ratio on Bakhmut are 6-1 compared to Ukraine so that part of the plan is working

• Thanks 1

John Milton 

5 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

But also why would it be a surprise that in every country in the world, including East European countries, there are some people who support Russia in different ways

Thats been the case since the beginning of the war and it wont change. Soviet era influence is a reality

Thats not a concern, all that matters is how many people support Russia compared to Ukraine and more importantly what is the current governments position. In SA for example about 30 % of people polled  support Russia and we live in a  Democracy so people are entitled to have there own opinion and this includes the right to protest

So I would expect to find pro-Russian protests but all that really matters is a governments position and does it support Ukraine 

John Milton 

Im very impressed with the commitment from the Nordic countries to Ukraine and the war effort around military aid

@xzar_monty good to see Finland playing such a " non-neutral "  role and being on the right side of history, I wish SA would do that 

• Thanks 1

John Milton 

Jeez, I just saw that the Rheinmetall stock is at 253€ now. 1 year ago I thought 100€ was too late to get into it... Lots of people getting very rich. This is already over 140% increase from before the war started.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

Jeez, I just saw that the Rheinmetall stock is at 253€ now. 1 year ago I thought 100€ was too late to get into it... Lots of people getting very rich. This is already over 140% increase from before the war started.

:lol: Lexx thats true but its to be expected, Im just glad you not suggesting the whole conspiracy theory that says  " evil,  Western Capitalist companies are secretly behind the invasion so they can become rich funding the war effort " :lol:

Remember in life two, or more, things can be true at the same. Putin is responsible for the war but yes many companies will increase there revenue stream and become richer by supporting the Western war effort 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I mean, they are already rich. They just get richer. If I had put 10k into Rheinmetall at the beginning of the war, I could cash out 20k now... in only a single year. No bank will offer you a deal like that. Now imagine you have the means to play around with 100k...

The west certainly did not start this war to make a racket, but still there are lots of people now who are quite happy about it solely because money. Guess I'm just a little sad that I am not one of them.

That said, I really wish russia would f-off already.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2023 at 8:28 PM, HoonDing said:

Europe has been stuck between Scylla and Charybdis for near a century.

In what way? Either your classical analogy doesn't quite work or there's something I'm definitely missing here (or something else). But would like to hear you elaborate on this.

1 hour ago, xzar_monty said:

In what way? Either your classical analogy doesn't quite work or there's something I'm definitely missing here (or something else). But would like to hear you elaborate on this.

I know you new to this forum and you not aware of the various personalities and how they post. Hoonding will  never respond to any question you ask him or  ever engage in any kind of meaningful debate

So dont waste your time asking him these types of reasonable questions unless you dont mind your time being wasted

He is funny though  and I love his  attempts to race bait, particularly white people, and how "racist " the West is :lol:

John Milton 

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

I mean, they are already rich. They just get richer. If I had put 10k into Rheinmetall at the beginning of the war, I could cash out 20k now... in only a single year. No bank will offer you a deal like that. Now imagine you have the means to play around with 100k...

The west certainly did not start this war to make a racket, but still there are lots of people now who are quite happy about it solely because money. Guess I'm just a little sad that I am not one of them.

That said, I really wish russia would f-off already.

Absolutely, there is a valid reason for both the EU and the US to increase military expenditure and  these private sector military  companies are going to become even more wealthier. Wait till end of year results 🥂

John Milton 

51 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I know you new to this forum and you not aware of the various personalities and how they post. Hoonding will  never respond to any question you ask him or  ever engage in any kind of meaningful debate

I have no comment to make on Hoonding because I haven't seen that many of his comments, but there certainly are users, even on this thread, who never contribute anything of substance and who almost constantly have a tone of deliberately snide condescension. I love sarcasm as much as the next guy, but the problem is that if that is everything one has, it is the perfect recipe for giving the impression of an intolerable a-hole, and that's just juvenile. I'm reminded of what Robert Fripp said about music criticism, "It's better to be incompetent and kind than cruel and inept" (not that those are the only two options, mind you).

One interesting thing that forums (any forums) teach you is that there are people for whom it is impossible to contribute to a discussion from a position of sincerity but who absolutely love to mock and ridicule anyone who does so.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

I have no comment to make on Hoonding because I haven't seen that many of his comments, but there certainly are users, even on this thread, who never contribute anything of substance and who almost constantly have a tone of deliberately snide condescension. I love sarcasm as much as the next guy, but the problem is that if that is everything one has, it is the perfect recipe for giving the impression of an intolerable a-hole, and that's just juvenile. I'm reminded of what Robert Fripp said about music criticism, "It's better to be incompetent and kind than cruel and inept" (not that those are the only two options, mind you).

One interesting thing that forums (any forums) teach you is that there are people for whom it is impossible to contribute to a discussion from a position of sincerity but who absolutely love to mock and ridicule anyone who does so.

What do they say about sarcasm..." its the lowest form of wit " (but it can make you laugh) :lol:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton