Looking for advice on a Paladin build as my main character. I want something that deals a good deal of damage and is semi tank if not tanky. I don't mind multi classing. Ideally something that can help me beat the mega bosses.
Thank you for the help.

Stalker/Soul Blade is very powerful, 20 accuracy from borrowed instinct stacks with ranger accuracy bonuses so you can build around crit effect weapons. Voidwheel's necrotic lance works with driving flight for example, lot of synergies. You can heal your pet with Pain block, take down combo + disintegration basicly destroys tough enemies vs vs... 

Edited by Okkes
edit
  • Like 1

Sort of an unconventional build is to create a damage-dealing tank in the form of a Holy Slayer (Paladin/Rogue). A Paladin bringing the durability, the Rogue the damage buffs with Sneak Attack. Flames of Devotion + Sneak Attack hits like a truck and is quite cheap (just 1 zeal). 

If you want to lean into the tank role, you can go Shieldbearer of St Elga (+1 engagement with a shield) so that with the Rogue perk you engage 3 different targets. Taking the Trickster subclass will let you give yourself buffs like Mirrored Image (+30 deflection), which when combined with the shield DEF, the shield perk (+6 DEF), and a Paladins innately high DEF from Faith and Conviction (up to +15 I believe), you should be extremely hard to hit. You can combine this with Riposte to get free full hits, 30% chance per Miss against you. Trickster gives you more variety in the form of spells in general.

If you want to lean into more of an offensive roll, equipping Whispers of the Endless Path will (with the right upgrade) automatically counterattack when missed in melee with a 100% chance. It also attacks in an AoE, so you can cause some chaos with a Rogue’s abilities like Blinding Strike to blind every enemy in that AoE. If you pick Steel Garrote as the Paladin subclass, you actually end up healing yourself against enemies vulnerable to sneak attack…something youll be aiming for anyway and can apply with a Rogue’s abilities easily.

Also nothing wrong with going the classic Herald (Paladin+Chanter). Really an excellent party support character, that can be tanky when you need, and switch into damage mode when you need. If I remember correctly, Sworn Enemy stacks with Inspired Beacon (+60% damage total), which does stupid amounts of damage when combined with a Chanter’s offensive invocations. My only problem with this combo is that Pallegina already can do it, and I prefer characters to be unique. 

21 hours ago, Elkenes said:

I want something that deals a good deal of damage and is semi tank if not tanky. 

Paladin/Trickster can be quite tanky while dealing proper weapon damage. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Forbidden Fist/paladin is basically immortal while also doing great damage (use Tuotilo's Palm and Mohora Tanga for maximum effectiveness and gladiator style). Can also use Sacred Immolation for massive AoE damage with very little drawbacks (max resolve/Clarity of Agony).

• Like 1