Hello,

I have tried to create party of 3 paladins on front line and 3 chanters/ciphers on the back.

Could anyone suggest me points allocation?

Maybe skills to take?

On paladins i would go with 3 auras and healing on kill, maybe even make them god like.

On chanters i would go with some damaging that aura you make and stack i belive + summons

On ciphers i would go with that cone dmg and blind/flanking debuffs

What do you guys think?

Or stick only to 3 paladins.

Difficult would be normal i believe, and i just wanted smooth gameplay for the first time, cause i playing on hard and have several times quit game after getting to high walls on my playthrough unfortunetly 

Hello!

In my opinion beginners should bring a Priest. They are just too impactful to pass, especially in the early game where you might hit some walls. They add more accuracy (via Priest buffs) which is very useful. Their healing is useful, too. One of the best talents of the Priest is "Inspiring Radiance" which turns the 1-per-encounter Holy Radiance of the Priest into a short +10-ACC buff which stacks with everything. Early in the game this makes a big difference - and even later its ability to stack with other ACC buffs makes it keep its usefulness. Most experienced players might agree that the Priest is the most potent class of Pillars of Eternity if you don't play solo but with a party.  

In general all "per-rest"-casters (Wizard, Druid, Priest) are the most potent classes after the early game. They mean a bit more micromanagement though - I mean as soon as you let them cast spells.

Chanters are good, but in the lower difficulties they are also pretty slow. They are much better for Path of the Damned difficulty where fights take a lot longer - in my opinion. Once you get to level 9 though 3 Chanters will absolutely wreck everything because they will have access to "The Dragon Thrashed" - and that is incredibly powerful. By the way: offensive chants get an accuracy bonus of +12 if you only use a single one-handed weapon in your main hand. It's a little bug - normally only your weapon attacks should get +12 ACC from one-handed usage. But for some reason offensive chants do as well. Keep that in mind if your affensive chants do miss you enemies a lot.

Paladins are good tanks - but 3 of them is maybe overkill on the tanky side. A Fighter can also be a good tank, has more engagement slots - and most importantly has better starting values (accuracy, deflection etc.) so the early game becomes more easy with a Fighter. Maybe I would switch one Paladin for one Fighter. Fighters are also low on micromanagement.

The most potent powers Chiphers have are ones that can be used for Mind Control (charm, dominate). The powers you mentioned are good as well - but you will have the most success if you also employ charms and dominations (see Whisper of Treason, Puppet Master etc.). If you combine Mind Control with the Chanters' summons you'll have a much easier time later in the game when there's more and beefier enemies. 

Skills: Survival is very good because it grants you all-stacking accuracy vs. all sorts non-kith enemies. And accuracy is extremely important.

Attribute points aren't very crucial - but for everything with an Area of Effect (AoE) INT is very useful because its effects on the AoE size scale very well with high INT numbers. Since it's the radius of hte AOE that gets boosted the actual area scales exponentially with INT. DEX is a very useful stat in general. DEX is the only thing that no only lowers your recovery or reload times but also the animation/action times. All other speed effects only affect the recovery or reloading times. Only DEX makes your actions faster, too. PER is very useful for the early game but not so much later on. CON is generally viewed as dump stat. If you have high defenses (Paladin, Fighter etc.) you won't get hit too often so you don't need very high CON/endurance/health - and if you are not in the frontline you won't get hit a lot even with low defenses so you also don't need a lot of CON. However - CON affects the Fortitude defense which gets tested a lot in the later game - so you don't want to dump it either for tanks imo (you cn, but then you need to raise your Fortitude defense otherwise). This isn't so crucial anymore if you have a Priest - because a Priest has prayers that make you immune to a variety of hostile effects.
RES raises deflection. All defenses have increasing returns: every additional point of defense has more impact than the one before that. Since deflection is the most attacked defenses it can make sense to maximize RES on tanks who also wear shields and already have high deflection (see Paladins and Fighter). It also helps to prevent interrupts which can be nasty. A RES-3 character, if attacked by a bunch of enemies, might get interrupt-locked and die without being able to do anything. This won't happen to a character with high RES.
MIG is not as impactful on damage-dealing as one might think - at least for weapon attacks. For damaging spells it can be important (because not much else raises spell damage) and it's also very good for your healing powers. But in general I wouldn't put too much focus on it. 

Cheers!

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Hello!

In my opinion beginners should bring a Priest. They are just too impactful to pass, especially in the early game where you might hit some walls. They add more accuracy (via Priest buffs) which is very useful. Their healing is useful, too. One of the best talents of the Priest is "Inspiring Radiance" which turns the 1-per-encounter Holy Radiance of the Priest into a short +10-ACC buff which stacks with everything. Early in the game this makes a big difference - and even later its ability to stack with other ACC buffs makes it keep its usefulness. Most experienced players might agree that the Priest is the most potent class of Pillars of Eternity if you don't play solo but with a party.  

In general all "per-rest"-casters (Wizard, Druid, Priest) are the most potent classes after the early game. They mean a bit more micromanagement though - I mean as soon as you let them cast spells.

Chanters are good, but in the lower difficulties they are also pretty slow. They are much better for Path of the Damned difficulty where fights take a lot longer - in my opinion. Once you get to level 9 though 3 Chanters will absolutely wreck everything because they will have access to "The Dragon Thrashed" - and that is incredibly powerful. By the way: offensive chants get an accuracy bonus of +12 if you only use a single one-handed weapon in your main hand. It's a little bug - normally only your weapon attacks should get +12 ACC from one-handed usage. But for some reason offensive chants do as well. Keep that in mind if your affensive chants do miss you enemies a lot.

Paladins are good tanks - but 3 of them is maybe overkill on the tanky side. A Fighter can also be a good tank, has more engagement slots - and most importantly has better starting values (accuracy, deflection etc.) so the early game becomes more easy with a Fighter. Maybe I would switch one Paladin for one Fighter. Fighters are also low on micromanagement.

The most potent powers Chiphers have are ones that can be used for Mind Control (charm, dominate). The powers you mentioned are good as well - but you will have the most success if you also employ charms and dominations (see Whisper of Treason, Puppet Master etc.). If you combine Mind Control with the Chanters' summons you'll have a much easier time later in the game when there's more and beefier enemies. 

Skills: Survival is very good because it grants you all-stacking accuracy vs. all sorts non-kith enemies. And accuracy is extremely important.

Attribute points aren't very crucial - but for everything with an Area of Effect (AoE) INT is very useful because its effects on the AoE size scale very well with high INT numbers. Since it's the radius of hte AOE that gets boosted the actual area scales exponentially with INT. DEX is a very useful stat in general. DEX is the only thing that no only lowers your recovery or reload times but also the animation/action times. All other speed effects only affect the recovery or reloading times. Only DEX makes your actions faster, too. PER is very useful for the early game but not so much later on. CON is generally viewed as dump stat. If you have high defenses (Paladin, Fighter etc.) you won't get hit too often so you don't need very high CON/endurance/health - and if you are not in the frontline you won't get hit a lot even with low defenses so you also don't need a lot of CON. However - CON affects the Fortitude defense which gets tested a lot in the later game - so you don't want to dump it either for tanks imo (you cn, but then you need to raise your Fortitude defense otherwise). This isn't so crucial anymore if you have a Priest - because a Priest has prayers that make you immune to a variety of hostile effects.
RES raises deflection. All defenses have increasing returns: every additional point of defense has more impact than the one before that. Since deflection is the most attacked defenses it can make sense to maximize RES on tanks who also wear shields and already have high deflection (see Paladins and Fighter). It also helps to prevent interrupts which can be nasty. A RES-3 character, if attacked by a bunch of enemies, might get interrupt-locked and die without being able to do anything. This won't happen to a character with high RES.
MIG is not as impactful on damage-dealing as one might think - at least for weapon attacks. For damaging spells it can be important (because not much else raises spell damage) and it's also very good for your healing powers. But in general I wouldn't put too much focus on it. 

Cheers!

I was hoping from all the people you would come with help, but man seriously everything you wrote is gorgerous you....

i really can stretch enough how your reply help me clarify things and boost my overall morale to finish this brilliant game, so im gonna say just thank you, and you are awesome for being in this community with all your help and opinion.

Ihope you would have great day and everything go exactlly your way!

Thank you for being yourself

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hi, Boeroer is like a bible for POE, so you can stick to his suggestion with certainty, but if you want I give my opinions.
For low micro, Paladins, Fighter, Chanter are the best classes, for sure.
You can add a ranged Rogue or Ranger, not zero micro but low in any case and good damage dealer.
Barbarian can be a good loe micro crowd control with some debilitanting weapon (Tall Grass, dual wield Cladhalíath/Godansthunyr/We Toki and so on).
Druid can be a very effective damage dealer from beginning to the end with sipritshift (above all cat or bear shape) and mid-late game he is a excellent crowd control with its spells. But some more micro.
Cipher are very powerful mid-late game, but he requires more micro than other CC, I think.
Priest, as Boeroer said, has more micro but boost your party like no other :)

For skills be sure to have a character with high mechanics to disarm traps and for retrieve best locked items. Survival is the most impostant skill, for thanks Athletics could be good. One PG with high lore could be useful if you don't have Priest/Wizard/Cipher or Druid with good CC abilities. Rogue with high ACC are good scroll readers, chanter are good for scrolls because they cab do it while singing ;) In party Stealth can be forgot.

I think MIG should be raised for damage dealer (also ones with weapons) and spell caster who cast damage spells. PER in normal could stay at 10, especially if you have a Priest or a Paladin with PER raising abilities. You can raise CON for Barbarian above all (low deflection but often in danger situations), RES could be 10 or more for tank and 3 for others BUT if you have a main PG who is a tank, you should max its RES for quests ;) DEX could be MAX for any PG, maybe caster with light or no armor could have 10, chanter could stay at 3 😛 You could also stick to 10 DEX and try to maximize recovery time with speed ennchant, potions, abilities, durgan ecc. also for some party members. INT for spell caster, paladin, barbarian, chanter (abilities duration and area of effect) and rogue, and ranger (most for duration) should be MAXED, it helps a lot! In practice every class should have at least 15 INT imho, except some specific builds.
Apart form this, position is very important, tanks should face enemies before CC and squishy character (you can put forward them and hide with stealth other PG for that) and pay attention to shade and other "teleporters" foes, a CC Druid in the backline is good because he can spiritshift and take care of that dangers ;)
Have fun!