NFL 2022-2023: The Bad Man is Gone

Bartimaeus

Title.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Everything has gone chalk so far this weekend but that Miami at Buffalo was waaaaay closer than many people, myself included, thought it would be 

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm weighing my options on what bleach to drink during tonights inevitable embarrassing and gut-wrenching defeat at Tampa. I'm usually partial to the classic flavor, but I might get wild and go with the lemon pine flavor.🤔

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

We got Punt Fest 2023 going on in Tampa.

Edit: Holy **** a first down! 😮

BRADYCEPTION!

Brett Maher, what the ****!? 2 missed extra points. New strategy, just go for 2 from now on because this mother****er can't hit the broad side of a barn.

After the first 2 Dallas series that were so impotent that they were reminiscent of a pair of blackout drunk teens sloppily making out then passing out before they could get undressed and get down to business, our offense has been on fire. Dak in particular has been throwing laser beams. The only blemish is Brett Maher missing 3 (3!) extra points. WHY THE **** AREN'T WE JUST GOING FOR 2!?

Anyway, we're up 18-0 at the half, should be 21-0, but that's still dang good. I'll take it but I'm still nervous.😬

Brett Maher just missed his 4th extra point tonight and 5th in a row. STOP ****ING KICKING THE ****ING EXTRA ****ING POINT FOR ****S SAKE! JUST ****ING GO FOR ****ING 2. WHAT THE ****!?

Maher FINALLY made an extra point, but this again brings up the question: Why aren't we just going for 2? It doesn't matter at this point because the game is SUPER OVER. Is Brett Maher on this team next week?

Edited by Keyrock
  • Hmmm 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

How about dem Cowboys?

jerry-jones-pointing.gif

You know, I give McCarthy a lot of ****, but if his strategy was to have Dak have his horrible game in a meaningless week 18 matchup to get it out of his system, that is some GALAXY BRAIN ****.

hqdefault.jpg

Also, I can't believe my reverse curse ploy worked! :woot:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I don't believe I can make the reverse curse work 2 weeks in a row, it's a miracle that I managed to pull it off once. With that in mind, hopefully Dak reprises his role as the second coming of Steve Young this Sunday. No way he puts up as gaudy stats, given that we're going up against the best defense in the league, but if he plays as well as he did last Monday, we at least have a shot. Despite the fact that passing D seems to be the Niners flaw on defense, if they even have a flaw, I hope we don't get too pass happy and run the ball enough to keep them honest. I also hope Dak runs it a few times like he did on Monday. Dak doesn't run a lot, but he is extremely dangerous on the run since he's very good throwing on the run and just as good if he just keeps it on the ground. I'd love to see Kellen Moore work in 3 or 4 designed runs for Dak on Sunday, including running the option at least once. We ran the option last Monday and it worked well. We ran it once in the regular season and it worked well. Dak and our offense are perfectly suited for the option, we should be running it once or twice a game, not once ortwice a season. On the flip side of the ball we have to go against the LEGENDARY UNDEFEATED BIG 🐔BROCK. God help us.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• Bartimaeus changed the title to                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  NFL 2022-2023
On 1/16/2023 at 7:32 PM, Keyrock said:

Maher FINALLY made an extra point, but this again brings up the question: Why aren't we just going for 2? It doesn't matter at this point because the game is SUPER OVER. Is Brett Maher on this team next week?

Because he's going to be your kicker next week, and better that he work his woes out and gain his confidence back in the game where you're 20 points ahead than the next where you're probably going to need every single one.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

• Gfted1 changed the title to NFL 2022-2023
3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Because he's going to be your kicker next week, and better that he work his woes out and gain his confidence back in the game where you're 20 points ahead than the next where you're probably going to need every single one.

I don't know that hitting 1 is going to fix whatever broke in Brett Maher's brain that caused him to miss 5 chip shots in a row.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• Bartimaeus changed the title to NFL 2022-2023: Mods Are Ǹ̴̴̵̵̸̶̷̸̵̢̗̻̰̝̦͇̩̱̲̭̫̫̣̦̣̪̀̓́̐͐̓̂͆̾̄̇͌̓̆̈́̈́͆͆̿̕͠͝͝a̵̷̸̴̴̸̸̴̡̡̧̢̡͔͇̻̜̫̱̙͈͙̖̽̀̂͗̀̋͒͒́̈́̅̌̈̀͐͘͜͝z̶͍̈̐͜ḯ̸̴̶̶̴̵̡͈͚̖̳̬̗̗̻͎̥̬͕̈́̃͋͑̓̃̈́͂̅̄͠s̸̸̶̴̴̸̷̢̢̛̬̱̰͍̝̲̪̮̲̘̫͂͊̍̈̽̔̃̎͂͌͋̃͘͝ Edition

Oh man, look at that sweet URL, I didn't even know that could happen:

firefox_JJHNoD1CCr.png

How the hell is that parsed correctly?

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I don't know that hitting 1 is going to fix whatever broke in Brett Maher's brain that caused him to miss 5 chip shots in a row.

It's precisely what he did with Mason Crosby in Green Bay anytime he went through an inexplicably really tough game, and it seemed to work, :shrugz:.

The Brett Maher Saga continues. Granted, this time the extra point was blocked, who knows if it would have gone through?

Our kicker still sucks and Dak has reverted to throwing picks like they're going out of style, yet we're only down 3 by the grace of our defense. It could be a lot worse.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

8 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

Edit: Why can't punters take over extra point duties?

Because it's a different skill. This isn't Australian Rules Football.

Anyway, Maher actually made a kick and we're tied.

Our defense has been terrific, our offense, not so much.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It has been 26 years since the Cowboys made it to the NFCCG...oops, make it 27.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Bartimaeus changed the title to NFL 2022-2023: lʍoᙠ ɹǝdnS ǝɥʇ oʇ ɓuıo⅁ ǝɹ∀ sʎoqʍoƆ

At least muh Boys won a game in the playoffs this year, granted in was against a putrid Bucs team and at least we showed up for the divisional round and made the game competitive, unlike the Giants who completely no-showed on Saturday. Still sucks to lose, though, even if it is to the LEGENDARY BIG 🐔 BROCK.

It could be worse, we could be held hostage by our 39 year old no longer elite QB (again) while he melodramatically decides whether he's coming back next season. Maybe some Ayahuasca will help him make up his mind?🤔

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It's a good thing Rodgers won a Super Bowl early on into his career, I can't imagine the endless and merciless mocking the Packers would have been suffering the last decade if they hadn't done at least that. It's not as much as it should be, but it is something.

26 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

It could be worse, we could be held hostage by our 39 year old no longer elite QB (again) while he melodramatically decides whether he's coming back next season. Maybe some Ayahuasca will help him make up his mind?

Isn't your situation literally worse? You're 'held hostage' by a younger yet just about equally expensive QB who's not going to retire anytime soon that doesn't appear like he's ever going to become a great QB...just good. You know, like Kirk Cousins good. Which is good...but never good enough. As for me...just like last off-season, I'm pretty cool with whatever happens. Blow up the team, don't blow up the team, doesn't really make too much difference to me.

I still like Dak, even if he does drive me insane sometimes, and would rather have him than most of the alternatives, barring a Peyton Manning-level sure thing QB miraculously dropping to us in the draft. Then again, I was a Romo apologist, so take what I write with many grains of salt.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Not that I've watched football in years, but at least the Cowboy's have quite a ways to go to match some of baseball's longest World Series (or post-season?) dry spells. They'll get it back at some point.

Also, @Bartimaeus I see what you did there. :shifty: ... is it weird that I almost miss that ghost-in-the-machine looking title blob, now? Heh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

4 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Not that I've watched football in years, but at least the Cowboy's have quite a ways to go to match some of baseball's longest World Series (or post-season?) dry spells. They'll get it back at some point.

Also, @Bartimaeus I see what you did there. :shifty: ... is it weird that I almost miss that ghost-in-the-machine looking title blob, now? Heh.

The joke with the Cowboys is that they can't get out of the divisional round. They have a record straight 12 post-season appearances without appearing in the the conference championship, and it's...just kind of weird, especially given how many great teams they've had over that time.

In terms of recent overall futility, many other teams have them soundly beat - the Lions, for example, haven't won even one playoff game since 1991.

Corrupt text: Interestingly, I specifically chose a version that did not display the up-and-down text like you saw - it was just supposed to be all bunched up to being nearly unreadable like other posters mentioned seeing. But I guess your font/display settings changed how it looked.

10 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I still like Dak, even if he does drive me insane sometimes, and would rather have him than most of the alternatives, barring a Peyton Manning-level sure thing QB miraculously dropping to us in the draft. Then again, I was a Romo apologist, so take what I write with many grains of salt.

Yeah, it's the age-old conundrum: you have a guy who's good enough to get you regular season success, and that's good, because who wants to have a miserable regular season year-in and year-out? Plus, if you make the playoffs, you never know might happen, especially if you make them a lot. But then you do make the playoffs and your team just can't ever beat the other good playoff teams. At least the Packers have beat some pretty good teams on their way to NFCCG losses, but the Cowboys have five playoff wins, and all of them in the wild card, since their last Super Bowl run back in 1995. That's pretty shocking to me, and seems like it should be impossible with the quality of some of those teams. How do you get better? I guess you have to really knock a draft or two out of the park so you can have cheap young talent combined with a number of great veterans and hope it pushes you over the top, but there's usually only one or maybe two outstanding draft classes each year that really change the trajectory of a franchise, so that's pretty tough to do.

11 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yeah, it's the age-old conundrum: you have a guy who's good enough to get you regular season success, and that's good, because who wants to have a miserable regular season year-in and year-out? Plus, if you make the playoffs, you never know might happen, especially if you make them a lot. But then you do make the playoffs and your team just can't ever beat the other good playoff teams. At least the Packers have beat some pretty good teams on their way to NFCCG losses, but the Cowboys have five playoff wins, and all of them in the wild card, since their last Super Bowl run back in 1995. That's pretty shocking to me, and seems like it should be impossible with the quality of some of those teams. How do you get better? I guess you have to really knock a draft or two out of the park so you can have cheap young talent combined with a number of great veterans and hope it pushes you over the top, but there's usually only one or maybe two outstanding draft classes each year that really change the trajectory of a franchise, so that's pretty tough to do.

Turns out, getting a franchise QB is really really hard. Y'all were lucky enough to have 2 in a row. Our best run of QBs was Staubach, definitely a franchise QB, then Danny White, not a franchise QB but pretty good, then Aikman, a franchise QB. Since then... Quincy Carter (yikes!), the rotting corpse of Drew Bledsoe, Tony Romo, and now Dak.

The problem is we're always middle of the pack or do well in the regular season, so we never get to pick at the very top of the draft. Even then, there's no guarantee that a QB picked at the top of the draft will pan out. I mean, when's the last time we had a QB that was UNIVERSALLY considered a sure thing franchise QB in the draft and then he actually lived up to expectations? Andrew Luck, I guess. Kinda have to hope to hit the jackpot with a Mahomes type, but even he was picked #10, we almost never pick that high.:shrugz:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 1/23/2023 at 7:52 PM, Gfted1 said:

Ok, well, it turns out my new hoodie was not in fact, magical. 👎

You should request a refund.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm hoping Aaron Rodgers goes to the Jets, then he can follow in the footsteps of Favre (hopefully minus the stealing money from people part) and wind up on the Vikings.🤣

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸