Random video game news... RNG says "Nope"

Azdeus

4 hours ago, melkathi said:

If people get a lot of unjustified, hateful flak and the product isn't too expensive and my finances are OK, then I may buy it, not to spite the haters, but to show some solidarity.

But it is remarkable what some people will do out of a "sticking it to the man" gesture.

Yes but you made millions from your book, how many Greek islands do you own now :dancing:

• Haha 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Nice. Finally a Total War game again that I would consider to play. That said, I also liked when they had their short phase of smaller theme based DLC for Rome 2. That stuff was nice as well, bought and played all of them.. and truth told, kinda even consider them more fun than the main game.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Yes but you made millions from your book, how many Greek islands do you own now :dancing:

I wish!

Maybe with the forkcat art ;) The feedback is silly positive.

If I did have my own island, we'd be doing obsidianite lan-parties. Beach in the morning, Alpha Protocol Speed Run Tournament by night 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

If I did have my own island, we'd be doing obsidianite lan-parties. Beach in the morning, Alpha Protocol Speed Run Tournament by night

And then murdered in your sleep. Island is a perfect trap, after all.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I feel like Battletech could have been one of those "endless"-titles if the enemy ai would have been better. Every combat scenario felt the same and later they just increased difficulty with adding more hostile reinforces. Really loved the game, but once I figured out the pattern, it just started to blow.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

10 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Published by Epic. Well, I guess I'll have to wait an extra year to play it. No big deal, plenty of other games while I wait for it to hit Steam.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

18 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

What didn’t you like about it? You didn’t like it as a game, or as RE4? 

The same team that made RE2 remake, which I consider a near masterpiece, should not have done RE4, a game that I hate.  It's like trying to take a piece of turd and turning it into a gemstone.  The good news here is that Remedy looks to be willing to fill the gap for those people that liked the aesthetics of RE4 but hated it as a game.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Tyranny was profitable, but PoE1 wasn’t? I thought PoE1 did very well. 

That probably just means that Paradox got very little per sale for PoE1- not surprising since they were essentially acting more as a distributor of Obsidian's title rather than a publisher. Tyranny may have sold less copies, but they'd have got far more return per copy sold.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Looks very good. The first game was an excellent port - it ran very well and supported the native PC input devices, including 5-button mice, from the start. Though, I would love to see an adequate saving system implemented (not copying and pasting files via Windows Explorer) and the ability to create the whole party without additional Steam accounts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SellSwordDev said:

LOTR Gollum is out today and it's apparently awful. Thought it was going to be just "meh" but it's getting destroyed everywhere.

I never understood the appeal in the first place. I didn't read the books or watch the movies and think, "Man, I really want to be this gross creature that lives under a mountain."

Edited by Hurlshort
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

I never understood the appeal in the first place. I didn't read the books or watch the movies and think, "Man, I really want to be this gross creature that lives under a mountain."

Lol, that is a good point. As somebody who isn't a fan of LOTR, it confuses me as to why you'd want to play as Gollum. He's better at being a supporting character. Maybe they wanted to rival the Styx games? I don't know, but man they could've at least made something competent. $2 emotes for a single player game says it all.

14 hours ago, Hawke64 said:

The Talos Principle 2. Not sure how it is going to work, considering the ending of the first game, but it looks interesting.

I loved the original. I 100%-ed the game and its Road To Gehenna expansion. There were a few star puzzles that took me hours to figure out. Good stuff. I'm super excited for this sequel or prequel, or whatever it is.:dancing:

On the other end of the spectrum...

Not gonna lie, this looks so jank that I'm morbidly curious to play it. A Barad-dur life sim? I kinda want to play that. Not for $60, though.

• Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra