Random video game news... RNG says "Nope"

Azdeus

wtf is that **** xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

If MKXII goes back to original lineup it will be a vast improvement. The 2011 Mortal Kombat reboot was good value for the money but MKX was a 75GB game for a 5h main story and all the new characters were terrible (except for maybe bug lady).

MKXI is >100 GB for a 5h main story, been holding it off forever.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

9 hours ago, Malcador said:

I approve of the music choice, if for nothing to troll people.  Impotent nerds need their metal I guess.

lolol, reminds me of this gem.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

9 hours ago, Malcador said:

I approve of the music choice, if for nothing to troll people.  Impotent nerds need their metal I guess.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Look at you, hacker, a pathetic creature of meat and bone; panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?

Please don't suck, please don't suck.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9522yoagvin0pozv99840c

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

https://wccftech.com/hogwarts-legacy-1-3-billion-revenue/#:~:text=Hogwarts Legacy has generated well over %241.3 billion,revealed by Warner Bros. Discovery's CEO%2C David Zaslav.

Hogwarts has been a massive success with over $1 billion in revenue, its good to see that the majority of gamers dont care about culture wars hyperbole and just like good games

I see there are also some good mods out so I will be playing this game in 5-6 months🐲

• Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Majority of gamers are like addicts and just want their next fix. :p I'd argue that if the game is good, politics is quickly forgotten.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Majority of gamers are like addicts and just want their next fix. :p I'd argue that if the game is good, politics is quickly forgotten.

I never cared about the politics to begin with.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

5 minutes ago, Lexx said:

You maybe, but there's lots of people on the internet with a very loud mouth. : >

I'd argue that it's actually not a lot of people but they are very very very loud. As loud as they are, they are also clearly not very effective at mobilizing a boycott.

• Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 5/19/2023 at 6:39 PM, Lexx said:

At least Ellish's song somewhat fits the plot of D4 with Lilith, so it's not that bad.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

3 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I'd argue that it's actually not a lot of people but they are very very very loud. As loud as they are, they are also clearly not very effective at mobilizing a boycott.

I'd argue that sometimes any publicity is good publicity and stirring up a ****storm sometimes create even more interest for whatever they wanted to see buried. I.e. shooting yourself in the foot (regardless of intentions, good or bad).

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

4 minutes ago, Gorth said:

I'd argue that sometimes any publicity is good publicity and stirring up a ****storm sometimes create even more interest for whatever they wanted to see buried. I.e. shooting yourself in the foot (regardless of intentions, good or bad).

There is definite truth to that and, as @Lexxpointed out, the game being quite good tends to trump whatever ideals people may want to virtue signal. Given the recent string of rather lackluster AAA releases, gamers were just happy to get a legitimately good AAA game and a good Harry Potter game. Wait, is this the first good Harry Potter game? Has there been a good Harry Potter game before? I'm drawing a blank. There have been plenty of crap ones, that's for damn sure.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

24 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

There is definite truth to that and, as @Lexxpointed out, the game being quite good tends to trump whatever ideals people may want to virtue signal. Given the recent string of rather lackluster AAA releases, gamers were just happy to get a legitimately good AAA game and a good Harry Potter game. Wait, is this the first good Harry Potter game? Has there been a good Harry Potter game before? I'm drawing a blank. There have been plenty of crap ones, that's for damn sure.

The Lego Harry Potter games were good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hurlshort said:

The Lego Harry Potter games were good.

I guess that's true. I tend to think of Lego games as Lego games, rather than whatever movie franchise they're parodying games, but technically you're correct.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I wonder if all the reactionaries who bought Hogwarts Legacy to spite "the left" due to the call for a boycott ended up liking all the wokeness in the game. A transwoman as owner of the Three Broomsticks and her character arc one giant call for easier access to transitioning, male characters being able to walk into any of the girl's lavatories, every minority under the sun present in rural Scotland... that must have hurt. :p

• Haha 4
  • Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

2 hours ago, majestic said:

I wonder if all the reactionaries who bought Hogwarts Legacy to spite "the left"... *snip*

Are there people out there that actually do that? I've seen people post stuff like "I'm going to buy THREE copies just to spite the haters" but I always figured that's nothing more than puffing their chest out or trolling. 

I think both extremes are really idiotic; the I'm going to buy this product I had no interest in just to spite the naysayers extreme and the I'm not going to buy this product I really want to show I stand with the team, or whatever extreme. If you purchase or don't purchase a product based on spite the only person you wind up spiting is yourself. My purchasing decision is based solely on whether said product appeals to me. I looked at Hogwarts Legacy and thought "that looks like a really fun game I would probably enjoy", that was my basis for buying it. Turns out, it was a really fun game that I really enjoyed. 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

If people get a lot of unjustified, hateful flak and the product isn't too expensive and my finances are OK, then I may buy it, not to spite the haters, but to show some solidarity.

But it is remarkable what some people will do out of a "sticking it to the man" gesture.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

9 minutes ago, melkathi said:

If people get a lot of unjustified, hateful flak and the product isn't too expensive and my finances are OK, then I may buy it, not to spite the haters, but to show some solidarity.

But it is remarkable what some people will do out of a "sticking it to the man" gesture.

corporation doesn't care about the spite

they will repackage it on t shirt and sell them right back

1 minute ago, uuuhhii said:

This content cannot be displayed until agreeing to our use of Social Media cookies. Learn more.

Manage cookies

would prefer total war india but this is nice too

Too soon for Total War: Bakhmut?

I'll show myself out.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸