Random video game news... RNG says "Nope"

Azdeus

7 hours ago, Gorgon said:

I asked for Morrowind NPC dialouge. You get what you ask for, it's... pretty terrible

1. "Greetings, traveler. Have you come seeking knowledge? Or perhaps you're looking to trade? Either way, I'm happy to oblige. Just be warned, the roads of Vvardenfell can be dangerous for the unwary. Many dangers lurk in the ash wastes, and there are creatures that even the most skilled warrior would be wise to avoid."

2. "Ah, it's good to see a friendly face. I've been on the road for weeks, and I'm getting tired of these blasted blight storms. It's a harsh land, this Vvardenfell, but there's something about it that keeps drawing me back. Perhaps it's the challenge, or maybe it's the thrill of exploration. Whatever it is, I can't seem to stay away."

3. "I see you're carrying some interesting artifacts there. Care to trade? I have some rare books and scrolls that might interest you. Or if you're looking for something more practical, I have a selection of enchanted weapons and armor. Of course, such things don't come cheap. But then again, neither does survival in this land. It's a dangerous world out there, my friend. Best be prepared."

I can't tell the difference between that and actual Bethesda writing. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

20 hours ago, Gorgon said:

I asked for Morrowind NPC dialouge. You get what you ask for, it's... pretty terrible

1. "Greetings, traveler. Have you come seeking knowledge? Or perhaps you're looking to trade? Either way, I'm happy to oblige. Just be warned, the roads of Vvardenfell can be dangerous for the unwary. Many dangers lurk in the ash wastes, and there are creatures that even the most skilled warrior would be wise to avoid."

2. "Ah, it's good to see a friendly face. I've been on the road for weeks, and I'm getting tired of these blasted blight storms. It's a harsh land, this Vvardenfell, but there's something about it that keeps drawing me back. Perhaps it's the challenge, or maybe it's the thrill of exploration. Whatever it is, I can't seem to stay away."

3. "I see you're carrying some interesting artifacts there. Care to trade? I have some rare books and scrolls that might interest you. Or if you're looking for something more practical, I have a selection of enchanted weapons and armor. Of course, such things don't come cheap. But then again, neither does survival in this land. It's a dangerous world out there, my friend. Best be prepared."

this seems better than bethesda dialogue

• Like 1

https://www.ign.com/videos/star-wars-jedi-survivor-day-1-patch-and-why-these-are-so-common

We sat down with developers to discuss day 1 patches, and why games like Star Wars Jedi: Survivor have a tricky road to launch. The Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Day 1 Patch has a lot of users on Steam discussing their issues, and asking questions about why these performance issues exist in the first place. With EA releasing a public apology for the launch day woes on PC we asked developers about video game patches, why they happen, and why something like the Star Wars Jedi: Survivor patch is even a thing on launch day.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah, Redfall's been getting dragged over the coals by reviewers. Not that long ago, Arkane was one of the most consistently celebrated devs but they've had a couple of stumbles lately.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Yeah, Redfall's been getting dragged over the coals by reviewers. Not that long ago, Arkane was one of the most consistently celebrated devs but they've had a couple of stumbles lately.

Is that Microsoft strategy to prove that they NEED Activision Blizzard to be competitive?

It seems to be their first major stuble. Some thought Deathloop was a bit crap, but overall it's their most critically acclaimed title. Prey didn't do so well, but it seemed to grow into a cult classic.

I will probably give it a go at some point, with it being on Gamepass, but after how poor the reception has been so far I am doubtful if it will maintain playerbase for long enough for me to join in. I don't think Arcane has rabbit fanbase that Bethesda did with Fallout76.

2 hours ago, Katphood said:

Heard that Jedi: Survivor is badly optimized for the PC. Man, this whole 'console port for the PC' is still a thing?

Lately it’s been a thing again. We have quite a few contenders for a worse PC port of the year. It’s so good for Jedi: Survivor that Redfall released right after 😛.

I don’t mind as long as they fix it - it makes waiting for a decent discount so much easier. 

• Haha 1

This content cannot be displayed until agreeing to our use of Social Media cookies. Learn more.

Manage cookies

so it start with abomination vault as many predicted

it is the most narrative light adventure path and doesn't take years to rewrite and voice for video game adaptation

iconic barbarian will be playable character

wonder if they will put giant instinct in the game

Edited by uuuhhii

As the previous console generation ports of Hogwarts Legacy launch today, it has been revealed that the game has grossed a billion dollars in sales. I think it's safe to say we'll see a sequel in the future.

Edit: Speaking of, Steam is downloading an update to Hogwarts Legacy

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

For people who like xcom style games here is some important news:

Every Day We Fight has a playtest week scheduled for the 25th.

If you don't know the game, check it out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

On 5/1/2023 at 8:57 PM, Sarex said:

The last thing, I want from any tabletop RPG is hack and slash 😢

• Like 7

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

17 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Seems like Bethesda’s sharp writing is still alive and well in Starfield

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/starfields-pillow-talk-will-make-me-swear-a-vow-of-space-celibacy

"Call me Zarathustra, the way you hit those bong-bongs"

That's a deep cut. I'm giving Bethesda points for that one.:-

• Haha 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

"Call me Zarathustra, the way you hit those bong-bongs"

That's a deep cut. I'm giving Bethesda points for that one.:-

That wasn't Bethesda though. It is the writing sample from the RPS guy with which he wants to convince Bethesda to let him write the sexy stuff 😛

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Lamplighters League seem to got a lot of previews out - most of the gameplay videos seem sponsored so keep that in mind. A puiblic demo would be nicer Paradox.

EDIT. Holy smokes, after two years of broken Baldur's Gate3, seeing a neutral enemy behave within turn based system at 36:53 feels mindblowing.

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 3

Lamplighters League looks great, more polished than the last new thing I saw for Cyber Knights: Flashpoint, granted that was many months ago. I'm still more interested in CK:F, simply on the strength of it being from the same devs that made the excellent Star Traders: Frontiers.

@melkathiThat's what I get for skimming that article. :facepalm:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 5/10/2023 at 2:08 AM, Wormerine said:

Seems like Bethesda’s sharp writing is still alive and well in Starfield

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/starfields-pillow-talk-will-make-me-swear-a-vow-of-space-celibacy

Wooooormie stop unfairly criticizing Bethesda writing, you know Romance is optional. We shouldnt think that represents the overall quality of this anticipated game because that's what a lot of people are doing now. They saying things like " look at the pillow talk in Starfield...ha-ha. This game is going to be an epic failure, I told you " 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela