Random video game news... RNG says "Nope"

Azdeus

1 hour ago, Hawke64 said:

I loved the game and I am happy to see that Obsidian are not going to worsen its performance or force me to download the content I cannot use.

Well, there is always beta branch, like they did with Witcher3. Honestly, even Witcher3 has some features I am looking forward to try out, I am not sure what OW:SCE aims to bring.

I don't know, $9.99 feels like too much. That's not far from how much they charged for actual DLCs, and unless I am greatly underestimating changes to the game, it seems like a very steep pricetag for a very little improvement. I am curious whose decision it is. Microsoft's or Private Division's.

Edited by Wormerine
  • Thanks 1

https://ioi.dk/project-fantasy

It has now been a decade since we first imagined creating a new “World of Assassination” for our HITMAN games. Seven years ago, we launched that world in its infancy and nurtured it to grow to comprise three full games, exciting new game modes, many additional locations, and extra targets. And more importantly, it has allowed us to build a bond with our community that has supported us ever since. We have gone from a strong vision, through a lot of unforeseen events, to the ever-expanding world with freedom of approach in its core that we have today.

Now we are sharing with all of you, that we are embarking on a new adventure! One that expands our creativity, our capabilities, and in some sense our identity. We are building a new world, a new IP – an online fantasy RPG. A world and a game built from the core to entertain players and expand for many years to come. It feels familiar, yet at the same time IOI is going on a journey unlike any we have been on before.

For many, this journey is also a deeply personal one that began long before we started making games for a living – and it started with the fantasy genre. From the “Fighting Fantasy” books compelling you to choose your path, alone, against wizards, lizards, and thief kings. To the togetherness, camaraderie, agony, and delight found around the tabletop. For some it meant taking the role of a game master: Part storyteller, part AI opponent, part guide, part villain. For everyone around that table it meant creativity, imagination, building a world together, and a shared goal in creating a great game experience.

This idea – that a diverse group of individuals with different skills and strengths can work together and become more than the sum of their parts – is what inspires us. It inspires the fantasy world we are building – and it inspires how we build it. IOI now spans multiple distinct studios, from Copenhagen and Malmö in the north to warm Barcelona in the south. All studios take part in making all our games, including this new endeavor. People from all over the world with diverse personalities and skillsets are coming together to forge a new beginning.

This is just the start of our journey into this new world we are making. We hope you sense the warmth, the danger, the togetherness, and the heart we put into it… And if you do, we would be honored if you join us.

IO Interactive

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

D4's specs for beta (and presumably release)

Diablo 4 open beta minimum system requirements:

• Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 280
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2500L or AMD FX-8100
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: SSD with 45 GB available space

Diablo 4 open beta recommended PC specs:

• Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 370
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K or AMD R3-1300X
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: SSD with 45 GB available space

https://www.gamesradar.com/diablo-4s-open-beta-pc-specs-are-very-undemanding/

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 2/27/2023 at 4:37 PM, Chilloutman said:

makeover? whats that? seriously obsidian, I am already accepting we are doing remasters of old games, but OW is not even what? 4 years old? WTH?

Private Division is under Take2 😛

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

On 2/28/2023 at 7:04 PM, Wormerine said:

Even more button mashing than in FFXV. In the end I started to enjoy FFXV, but it was more due to some DLC content, not the main game. For me it was really like 40 hours of boredom, until the open world part ended, and I was able to start to enjoy the game for the first time. The only reason, why I have forced myself to go through such a long bore, was that I was stupid enough to spend 120EUR on collector's edition on release date...

So there is almost no chance for me to ever think about buying anything with Final Fantasy in the name, in the foreseeable future 😢

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

My biggest issue with FFXV was the story. The boy band was great, had the game just been a boner comedy about 4 chums going on a wacky road trip, it could have been awesome. The main story was an absolute disaster in how it was told IMHO. The pacing was horrendous. Granted, it's nigh impossible to do proper pacing in an open(ish) world game since there's nothing stopping the player from forgetting about the main quest and ****ing off for 20 hours. Still, FFXV was particularly egregious in this regard. Characters would just suddenly appear in the story and act like I'm supposed to know who they are, then I wouldn't see them again for a quarter of the game. At one point a character dies and it's supposed to be this big emotional scene and I'm like "oh no, it's... wait, who is tha? Oh, it's that guy, whatever his name was, that I met for all of 10 seconds 8 hours ago and never saw again, I'm so heartbroken". It felt like a lot of important story was cut from FFXV and the game still wound up being too long. I shudder to think how bloated the original plan was.

• Thanks 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

37 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

play enough jrpg one learn to keep the expectation of story and dialogue low

final fantasy dialogue sound slightly less painful than dragon quest

Dragon Quest gets by on being goofy and charming, not to mention the wonderful art of Akira Toriyama.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

20 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Even more button mashing than in FFXV.

I am very not much to speed with FF games. I lost interest somewhere around VIII and just heard that MMO go very good, and XIII was a disappointment. 

I find YP’s view of FF IP interesting, as I thought it is a guaranteed gang buster seller, but I personally do see series as stale. Going action route isn’t really boosting my confidence - outside few exceptions I really dislike action RPGs, as I see action combat and stats as designs that clash, rather than contribute to each other. Still, “combat designer of DMC5” does peak my interest - not that I expect FFXVI to be a spectacle fighter, but maybe there will be a satisfying core combat there. 

I am also not on board with “dark” take - if it’s really mature setting, with interesting geopolitics I might dig it, but I had my fill of teen angst games. Still curious how the game will turn out and be received. Without PS I won’t have means to play it by a long time (if ever), so I don’t really have a horse in the race. 

• Like 3

On 2/28/2023 at 7:16 PM, Wormerine said:

Well, there is always beta branch, like they did with Witcher3. Honestly, even Witcher3 has some features I am looking forward to try out, I am not sure what OW:SCE aims to bring.

I don't know, $9.99 feels like too much. That's not far from how much they charged for actual DLCs, and unless I am greatly underestimating changes to the game, it seems like a very steep pricetag for a very little improvement. I am curious whose decision it is. Microsoft's or Private Division's.

didn't the new witcher 3 patch nerf bear set

really doesn't want to try it now

maybe if gwent get some update too

The Wo Long reviews seem to be mostly positive.

https://www.destructoid.com/reviews/review-wo-long-fallen-dynasty/

https://www.pcgamer.com/wo-long-fallen-dynasty-review/

https://hardcoregamer.com/reviews/review-wo-long-fallen-dynasty/437830/

It's on GamePass, so I have no reason to not try it... Once I can pry myself away from Hogwarts Legacy.

Side note: The ladies call me Wo Short.😖

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

15 hours ago, Keyrock said:

The Wo Long reviews seem to be mostly positive.

https://www.destructoid.com/reviews/review-wo-long-fallen-dynasty/

https://www.pcgamer.com/wo-long-fallen-dynasty-review/

https://hardcoregamer.com/reviews/review-wo-long-fallen-dynasty/437830/

It's on GamePass, so I have no reason to not try it... Once I can pry myself away from Hogwarts Legacy.

Side note: The ladies call me Wo Short.😖

Steam reviews are mostly negative at the moment. I assume, the PC post suffers from the typical lack of polish and optimisation*, which should be fixed by the next major Steam Sale. The game itself seems to be something between Nioh (of the same developer) and Sekiro. I have mixed feelings about both (disliked the RNG'ed piles of loot in the former and the movement/combat/controls in the latter, liked the wide range of the customisation options including the spirits and the coherence of the world/location; also the bosses).

*Edit. Mentioned in the PC Gamer review, but briefly, and nothing about the KB&M controls, aka the native PC input devices.

Edited by Hawke64

Played a bit of Wo Long. Port must be the worst one I experienced in a long time. Nothing my 3070 couldn’t power through so far, but There are stutters and framerate isn’t smooth. I hear mouse and keyboard are atrocious but I play with controller, so can’t comment. 

I am lukewarm regarding the game so far. Didn’t play Niohs, so can’t compare. It feels sloppier and messier than FromSoftware games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 minute ago, Hurlshort said:

Huh, The Sims is back.

With even more DLC.  I should really give The Sims another go. Last time I played I made some dullard that just went to work and stayed at home.....wait.

• Like 1